• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers ***

Agree with much of what's been written here already. Disappointing result, nowhere near a good performance. But give it time. Some important players missing, some recently back from injuries. But also we're probably missing one or two key ingredients for this system.

It's hard to break down low blocks, even when we were really good under Pochettino we still struggled with that at times.

Hopefully a bit of a break will do the players and Ange some good. More time on the training pitch.

No, @harr1984 and I had more of a discussion about why I said a big performance is coming, and I stand by that. Why on earth would I stand by a score prediction after a match is finished? Why are you so caught up on 5-1? I’m really sorry I couldn’t guarantee that happening for you.
I didn’t see the prediction but curious why you think a big win is coming? I felt that for maybe the first 15 games of the season but last two months, we’ve been spluttering IMO.

I didn’t see the prediction but curious why you think a big win is coming? I felt that for maybe the first 15 games of the season but last two months, we’ve been spluttering IMO.
I've written a lot about it already so I couldn't be arsed anymore, but I think we have the players and setup to completely overwhelm teams. We scored 5 against Burnley and 4 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, so I'm not sure I'm saying anything controversial but 3 others have mentioned it about 300 times since I wrote it the other day so I guess it is.

The battering ram is on loan in Spain
You break down low blocks by moving them a little
You do that by passing with pace or shorting from range
Two things we have struggled or stopped doing for some reason

Agree with all of that.

In my view, this is not a crisis, this is not "Ange found out", nor is it the collapse of our great season.
We are just over halfway through our first rebuild season. The main task this season is to get going, build step upon step.
Our max level is very high. Our off-day-level is not that high. And we're very vulnerable to key players/positions having off days/being injured. Nothing new there, that was true under Conte, true under Mourinho, and also very true under Pochettino.

I'm very exited by the players we have signed. Also, looking at the recent financial statements that were released, that showed us right at the top on matchday income and stadium revenue, we're in a better position than ever to really push on.

We need options for Porro and Udogie. I thought Ben Davies had quite a decent game on saturday, but he is not an upgrade to Udogie when it comes to creativity, to put it that way. So when we're fielding Royal and Davies more of the creativity-work falls to Maddison in particular, but also Sarr and Bissouma. It is a lot easier to stifle that midfield, than Porro, Sarr, Bissouma, Maddison and Udogie.

We should get over the finishing line with European Football without too much problem. And by that I mean proper European Football, not some Conference-thing. By then we should have the core established, with most of the pieces of the jigsaw in place, and the squadbuilding should enter a rotational update to ensure freshness and revigouration. This was the pattern at Liverpool under Klopp, this was the pattern at Emirates Marketing Project, and this is the pattern from some other lot down the road.

Anyone who is not positive and embullient from Postecoglous first 7,5 months in charge must activly choose to not be positive and embullient, in my view. Some like it that way, maybe they find it is easier to be negative and "be right" when things go against, I don't know. I choose to ride the wave of positivity. Granted, it has previously gone straight into the abyss of failure, time and time again! But the journey there is so much more fun while it last!! :D

Ll
No, @harr1984 and I had more of a discussion about why I said a big performance is coming, and I stand by that. Why on earth would I stand by a score prediction after a match is finished? Why are you so caught up on 5-1? I’m really sorry I couldn’t guarantee that happening for you.

It was an eye catching prediction that’s all. Against a very good team who we historically have struggled against, even the occasions we’ve got wins against them it’s been 1-0 most frequently, IIRC the biggest wins we’ve had against them were 3-1 and 2-0 when Mick McCarthy was managing them. Not a surprise people questioned the logic given we’ve not been convincing of late, for completely understandable reasons.

What I found really odd was Son playing on the left wing.
He hardly ever moved into a scoring position.
Even after Richy was substituted, I was expecting Son to move there.
He instead put Davis there???, who missed a great chance.

Even odder was bringing on Werner, and playing Son left, and Werner middle!

I've written a lot about it already so I couldn't be arsed anymore, but I think we have the players and setup to completely overwhelm teams. We scored 5 against Burnley and 4 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, so I'm not sure I'm saying anything controversial but 3 others have mentioned it about 300 times since I wrote it the other day so I guess it is.
I didn't comment on it at the time but it did seem like a very random prediction and not one based on form or realism and instead sheer hope. I imagine that's why loads of people keep bringing it up. 😅

I didn't comment on it at the time but it did seem like a very random prediction and not one based on form or realism and instead sheer hope. I imagine that's why loads of people keep bringing it up. 😅

It was hardly as left field as being made out though. You would hope at home with better players and given more time it would be what we are building towards anyway. We should be hopeful of getting better not worse surely

Even odder was bringing on Werner, and playing Son left, and Werner middle!
This was craziness. It really does make me think that Ange isn't happy with the attacking options we have. If you have a top quality wide player who you can rely on to create and deliver then you would put Son in the middle because you trust the wide players to create and Son to finish.

Instead we had Werner through the middle, this tells me that Ange thinks Son is the best option we have on the left because the other guys really aren't saying much.

It was hardly as left field as being made out though. You would hope at home with better players and given more time it would be what we are building towards anyway. We should be hopeful of getting better not worse surely
If you've watched Wolves this season and are aware of how they play and seen the form we were in I think it was quite left field, but then I think I'm a lot more circumspect and more objective (many would say negative) than many. I don't believe our team or squad is as good as many on here think they are, hence we run into these situations where even now in hindsight you think it wasn't that outlandish a prediction.

If you've watched Wolves this season and are aware of how they play and seen the form we were in I think it was quite left field, but then I think I'm a lot more circumspect and more objective (many would say negative) than many. I don't believe our team or squad is as good as many on here think they are, hence we run into these situations where even now in hindsight you think it wasn't that outlandish a prediction.

Of course but teams can win and lose big as we and Wolves have proven a few times this season on both sides. Its a football prediction not curing cancer

Of course but teams can win and lose big as we and Wolves have proven a few times this season on both sides. Its a football prediction not curing cancer
I'm not aggrieved that he thought that score line was possible but on the balance of probabilities that scoreline was one of the those least likely to happen so I imagine that's why those that questioned it at the time are bringing it up now.

I'm not aggrieved that he thought that score line was possible but on the balance of probabilities that scoreline was one of the those least likely to happen so I imagine that's why those that questioned it at the time are bringing it up now.

Seems odd and slightly "told you so" about it all, but there you go

I wholeheartedly apologise for upsetting you with such an outlandish prediction. Will try better in the future.

Son and Werner did swap after a little while, no idea why it wasn't Son centrally from the moment the sub was made.

Davies did what he was supposed to. Get forward, underlag, get in the box if possible from that inverted left back role.

I had a quick look at our results against Wolves over the past 10 years, and of the 20 games we've played, they've beaten us 8 times with us winning 9 and 3 draws. That surprised me a little. For some reason I always think Wolves are going to be a pushover.

Back