• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United ****

I think we are struggling because we have to waste a player or two on protecting Vic, which to me is still ref flimflam ..
We defend the 6 yard box further out than we should IMO
We had an outstanding record on defending set pieces before the city game. Only conceded one at that point vs villa at home IIRC
Since then it’s been a final point
Refs should do more and I think that Vic does everything he can. But I also think we’re kicking zonal and man to man now and do have players in no man’s land

But our defence constantly conceding simple, basic goals is what’s actually costing us
The amount of possesion and strong attacking positions we had last night, could have had 3-4 with the right pass or desire to be in the box. Conceding 1 doesn't matter then.

The amount of possesion and strong attacking positions we had last night, could have had 3-4 with the right pass or desire to be in the box. Conceding 1 doesn't matter then.
Better attacking and we could have possibly had 2 or more before they even scored. That's the balance with Ange's system, to be solid definitely required being deadly in attack. If we were more efficient with our attacking we'd bludgeon to death the opposition and make them very wary. A bit Liverpool have been at various times under Klopp.

I know some will argue that we score a lot but we have loads of possession and create lots of little opportunities without making enough clear cut chances for all the final 3rd we have. A better quality of attacker means we create cleaner chances, more of them and sooner in games. As it is teams know that for all our play we probably aren't going to hit them for 3 or 4 quickly.

Right now I’d drop Son, it’s not about who is the more talented player, it’s about who serves the system better.

Hell of a player to bring on in a game.

Dropping our best player is just nonsense. He’s the best finisher at the club by a mile. You act like Richy is all upsides and no downsides. He has his faults just like Son does. They’re both good players but Son is more creative and more of a goal threat.

It's not about who is the better player etc, it's about who would suit the team better if we are going to play like last night and put dangerous crosses in across the 6 yard box. I've no prob with Son playing on the left if it means Richy is fighting for those tap ins.

For me Son still suits the team better. I accept he has his flaws, but his overall contribution is more than what Richy brings. Richarlison has impressed me this season and he’s a very useful option to have but not at the expense of the best finisher in the team.

I'd always start Richarlison against a low block. He's a nuisance in the box and much more physical, whereas all of Son, Johnson and Werner need space to run into.

I thought the ref was poor in general, lack control and gave some weird things whilst letting others go. The foul on Maddison before Antonio had the 1 on 1? Ridiculous. So clearly a foul.
VAR would have had to pull that back if Antonio scored for a clear foul in the lead up to a goal, wouldn’t they? In one respect we may have been better off had he put it in the net, then we’d have a free kick on the edge of their area.

VAR would have had to pull that back if Antonio scored for a clear foul in the lead up to a goal, wouldn’t they? In one respect we may have been better off had he put it in the net, then we’d have a free kick on the edge of their area.

You would like to think so, but I could definitely seeing them hide behind the ‘the ref saw it, not an obvious error’ excuse, even though it clearly was.

I thought the ref was poor in general, lack control and gave some weird things whilst letting others go. The foul on Maddison before Antonio had the 1 on 1? Ridiculous. So clearly a foul.

That Antonio one, looked yards offside, no flag. Werner looks a fraction offside, flag up straight away.
VDV, rolls ball away, booking, paqueta (several times) ran away with ball, bowen and kudos each had a shot at goal after the whistle had clearly went, nothing.
Apply the rules consistently.
How paqueta remained on the pitch is a total mystery.

You would like to think so, but I could definitely seeing them hide behind the ‘the ref saw it, not an obvious error’ excuse, even though it clearly was.

Wasn't it well offside at the half-way line too? I thought that was what vdv was irate about - that he'd been made to put his body on the line for one that was clearly getting pulled back?

As ever I agree with most of the opinions on here and how that foul by paqueta on Madison wasn't given I will never know....

I also thought that in a game like that ,where we were in and around their box so much, we would have won it if we had Antonio up front... So strong on the ball and would be able to play our attacking players, running through the lines, in to dangerous positions... Instead of just giving it away....

As ever I agree with most of the opinions on here and how that foul by paqueta on Madison wasn't given I will never know....

I also thought that in a game like that ,where we were in and around their box so much, we would have won it if we had Antonio up front... So strong on the ball and would be able to play our attacking players, running through the lines, in to dangerous positions... Instead of just giving it away....
or Ivan Toney

Back