• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United ****

You have to be in the right place at yhe right times to get those tap ins - how many times tonight did we get in to decent build up positions only to have no one in the middle to take advantage? As CF that's Sons job primarily in this team and he doesn't do it enough

An eight-man back line can make that difficult to achieve.

We tried the same sort of attacking approach throughout the match and were thwarted time and time again.

Einstein observed that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again with the full expectation that the results are going to be different.

You have to be in the right place at yhe right times to get those tap ins - how many times tonight did we get in to decent build up positions only to have no one in the middle to take advantage? As CF that's Sons job primarily in this team and he doesn't do it enough
Son is second only to King in my list of all-time favourite Spurs players* but I have to agree that he isn't the answer in the long term, unfortunately our squad is nowhere near good enough to be upgrading on him as a priority

I do wonder if Richarlison is fully fit, ideally he could have come on earlier tonight as he does offer something different at CF. Either he was unfit or Ange didn't want to risk overcommitting and losing the game on the counter

*Not saying son is better than Kane, I'd kill to see Kane in this team

Thought we did alright. Too many poor passes, poor decisions, poor touches in and around their box, but West Ham deserve credit for that.

Cannot fathom the Kulusevski for Maddison change. Should have been Richarlison for Werner at that point in my opinion. Werner's last two games sum up the season for me. Too many players following a great game with a brick game.

I think some people are over reacting, we dominated the game and it was just the final decision making that let us down. A few more shots rather than passing it round their box may have helped.

We've gone back to the Eriksen situation with Maddison, both outstanding players, both made us tick, no real back up when they are off it from time to time.

Son is ruining attacks in games like this
He literally is giving the ball away rather than holding it
The way we need him to play is not the way he can
I think in his absence Richie's hold play is being as little overrated. He's very guilty of the same thing as Son in terms of keeping the ball in tight spaces. He is better holding it up in space, but in tight spaces he's just as likely to lose the ball through a pior touch or poor pass.

Fuuuuck me that was disappointing! We play 70% of the game in their final 3rd, yet pose virtually no threat.
Sometimes it seems that our goal is to play as many short, intricate passes as possible, and not actually try to score! There is no one attacking the goal!. We lack power and presence in front of goal. It's very frustrating to watch!

Fuuuuck me that was disappointing! We play 70% of the game in their final 3rd, yet pose virtually no threat.
Sometimes it seems that our goal is to play as many short, intricate passes as possible, and not actually try to score! There is no one attacking the goal!. We lack power and presence in front of goal. It's very frustrating to watch!

Been obvious for a while, we did it on Saturday when Johnson came on for about 20 mins then reverted to type.
Son, Johnson, Richie and werner have all had goals from those runs, but we just don't do it enough.

It was a tough game, night game away in local derby against a team who treat this as their biggest game of the season and we came away with a point. We all wanted a win but have to accept we aren't the finished article at the moment, a couple of upgrades, a fully fit squad will help. At start of season many were saying 8th or above would be a good season, here we are still with a chance of a CL place. This manager has a tactic which will give opponents the opportunity to score and expect us to out score them. If we don't like it we should just hope he gets the sack and start the merrygoround again. I'm happy with the tactic just want it to be a bit more consistent with result and that's down to the players.

Someone mentioned Solomon in another thread, I’d forgotten all about him, but he’d have been useful in games like last night against park the bus teams. He can beat a man and actually takes a shot occasionally.

On balance his overall contribution to the team is greater than Richarlison’s. I can’t believe it’s even a debate at this point.
It's not about who is the better player etc, it's about who would suit the team better if we are going to play like last night and put dangerous crosses in across the 6 yard box. I've no prob with Son playing on the left if it means Richy is fighting for those tap ins.

I think in his absence Richie's hold play is being as little overrated. He's very guilty of the same thing as Son in terms of keeping the ball in tight spaces. He is better holding it up in space, but in tight spaces he's just as likely to lose the ball through a pior touch or poor pass.
His hold play isn’t top drawer but it’s miles better than Sonnys. He doesn’t get bullied like him. And he also moves more across the box.
Son moves deeper to try to get the ball facing them

Been obvious for a while, we did it on Saturday when Johnson came on for about 20 mins then reverted to type.
Son, Johnson, Richie and werner have all had goals from those runs, but we just don't do it enough.
There were no crosses from the left for Johnson to attack

On balance his overall contribution to the team is greater than Richarlison’s. I can’t believe it’s even a debate at this point.
It’s not
Your kinda creating that debate
But no one can tell me that son suits a game with his back to goal which is always what he will have against a Moyes West Ham team

Yeah

After the goal we never saw Werner cross once

We did see Johnson cross but no one gamble
So there was a cross, for the goal.
It's been common for a while now, we don't make attacking runs into the box.
We have little periods of it in a game, but it's not consistent even though we look really dangerous when we do it.
I imagine that was what ange meant in his post match presser about controlling the players with a joystick.
Johnson and werner are still working it out, I'm sure it will come, son it's not his natural game but he'll keep plugging away, Richie would appear to be the natural benefactor, however can we really drop him for son?
Werner and Johnson have the pace to make the openings, which one do you drop son for?
Bit of a conundrum atm.

We have little periods of it in a game, but it's not consistent even though we look really dangerous when we do it.
I imagine that was what ange meant in his post match presser about controlling the players with a joystick.
Johnson and werner are still working it out, I'm sure it will come, son it's not his natural game but he'll keep plugging away, Richie would appear to be the natural benefactor, however can we really drop him for son?
Werner and Johnson have the pace to make the openings, which one do you drop son for?
Bit of a conundrum atm.
Yeah the only cross from Werner was for the goal
Then everytime he got the ball he went backwards

Bit of a conundrum atm.
Drop Werner. Bring him on as sub late on against tired legs.

Back