• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion ***

I think that I agree.

I would be picking the line up for the next two games with an eye on the NLD next weekend. If Poch sees Fazio and Stambouli as first team players who will feature in this game, I would like them to get game time to familiarise themselves with their team mates and our style of play. I suspect that the former will be brought into the first team sooner than the latter but I could be wrong.

Yes I could see Fazio being involved and bitch slapping Giroud all game. He had a good debut except for the times he misjudged the flight of the ball and it went over his head. That was poor, but he and Verts look a good combo based on that one match. Stambouli probably won't figure as you say.

Yes I could see Fazio being involved and bitch slapping Giroud all game. He had a good debut except for the times he misjudged the flight of the ball and it went over his head. That was poor, but he and Verts look a good combo based on that one match. Stambouli probably won't figure as you say.

Would be easier to do that if he was sat in the stands though, funnier to watch as well.

But wasn't Capoue poor against Liverpool woefully slow and poor positionally? He has a nice pass and when he doesn't have players operating between the lines he managed ok; however against teams who use interchangeable forward players who move between the lines and try and pull centre backs out to leave space for runners (all of the top teams if truth be told), then his characteristics are not ideal.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

He did have a poor game to be sure but IMO Poch got this one wrong. Capoue was totally outnumbered in the middle of the park. The heat maps showed Bentaleb way left all game, maybe on the cover for the left inside forward, and left Capoue with too much pitch and too many players to deal with. I'd like to see Poch go with a solid three in the middle next time we face them up.

According to the OS Townsend is the only new doubt. It is quite surprising how 'uninjured' our squad is ATM, long may it continue. I hope this news is helpful to badgers everywhere.

Some Spurs v WBA trivia:

1. In which year did Spurs first play WBA in a Premier League fixture?
2. In WBA's first season back in the top flight Spurs won both matches, 3-1 and 3-2 respectively - which Spurs player scored in each game?
3. Alan Irvine will be the 9th WBA manager to face Spurs in the PL - name the other 8.
4. How many Spurs managers have come up against WBA during a PL match?
5. Which Spurs defender has scored against and been sent off against West Brom? (in separate matches)
6. Which manager left WBA to join Spurs?

Last edited:
I thought the team played really well v Sunderland, and on most days that performance would have seen a 2 or 3 goal winning margin. We should pick the same team:

-----------------------lloris
dier------kaboul------chiriches-----rose
------------capoue-----dembele
---lamela-------eriksen-------chadli
-------------------adebayor

All should be fresh to batter WBA.

Why are people leaving Kaboul out? He's our captain and was rested on thurs so is bound to play!

I can see Poch starting the same lineup that played against Sunderland, with perhaps Vertonghen coming in for Vlad. Midweek we have Forest and we will probably see Chiriches alongside Fazio at the back allowing for Jan to be fit for the weekend game against the gooners. I don't think Fazio will get a league start until the Emirates Marketing Project game or maybe after it. Stambouli will likely get some time vs West Brom and a start against Forest, he'll be phased in quicker, but if Dembele plays like he did against Sunderland more often then who knows.

The team is slowly coming together and it's all about getting Lamela and Eriksen affecting the same game. Right now we tend to see one doing well but not the other.

I can see Poch starting the same lineup that played against Sunderland, with perhaps Vertonghen coming in for Vlad. Midweek we have Forest and we will probably see Chiriches alongside Fazio at the back allowing for Jan to be fit for the weekend game against the gooners. I don't think Fazio will get a league start until the Emirates Marketing Project game or maybe after it. Stambouli will likely get some time vs West Brom and a start against Forest, he'll be phased in quicker, but if Dembele plays like he did against Sunderland more often then who knows.

The team is slowly coming together and it's all about getting Lamela and Eriksen affecting the same game. Right now we tend to see one doing well but not the other.

I think you might be right, with Vert coming in for Chiriches. Kaboul and Vert will probably be our first choice pair for a few months yet. I honestly don't think Kaboul is doing as badly as people say, and Vertonghen played really well mid-week.

It will do us a lot of good to have a settled league team, with only one or two changes made to it game to game. Right now, we can say that Lloris is a cert. Front four are starting to establish themselves as first choice (Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Ade). Fullbacks seem fairly settled on Dier and Rose (until Walker comes back at least). Kaboul had been made captain and has been starting games in the league up to now, as has Vertonghen when fit. Centre mid might be up for grabs, but on performances so far it will probably be Capoue and Dembele...but Bentaleb might play himself into the first XI, and Stambouli is a bit of an unknown.

Performance wise, if we can keep up the level we played against Sunderland and be a bit more ruthless, we will do really well imo.

I have a horrible ferling that these yam yams are going to make it difficult for us tomorrow.

Im hoping to sneak a 1-0 win.

Back