• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Watford***

I think we all said this after yesterday. Earlier today i was talking to a Woolwich fan - (warning : oxymoron incoming) a reasonable, sensible Woolwich fan. He described our performance yesterday as "immense". When I agreed, but added the caveat that Watford is were really poor, he was not convinced, seeing it rather that we were so good we made Watford look very bad and they had no chance against us.
The reality is probably somewhere in between, but it made me think that maybe we need to stop looking for 'excuses' (or rather an excusing reason) when we win like we did yesterday and just enjoy what was a very, very good, strong, confident performance.
We need to get used to it.

Do not get me wrong, one of the reasons Watford were poor is that we completely controlled the game and we made them look poor. I saw signs on Sunday that we really are begining to click and i think we will beat Chelski.

Do not get me wrong, one of the reasons Watford were poor is that we completely controlled the game and we made them look poor. I saw signs on Sunday that we really are begining to click and i think we will beat Chelski.
This is the annoying thing about the media. You play a team off the park but it's because they were utterly abject rather than because we were just too good for them.

Imo they became more and more abject as the game went on simply because they were increasingly unable to get anywhere near us.

This is the annoying thing about the media. You play a team off the park but it's because they were utterly abject rather than because we were just too good for them.

Imo they became more and more abject as the game went on simply because they were increasingly unable to get anywhere near us.
Indeed. If a PL standard team is played off the park it has more to do with the opposition. Its not like a whole team of players ever wakes up and decides theyre going to play poorly. Normally one or two can be off form but if the team is poor collectively then you have to credit the opposition....

Indeed. If a PL standard team is played off the park it has more to do with the opposition. Its not like a whole team of players ever wakes up and decides theyre going to play poorly. Normally one or two can be off form but if the team is poor collectively then you have to credit the opposition....
Disagree. A lot of PL teams are consistently inconsistent. Capable of anything from a poor Championship level game to a top 4 PL level performance depending on their day.

Quite a few are also very fragile, capable of defending and playing really well if the score is 0-0 of they get a lead against a better team, but then can collapse like a popped balloon once they go behind.

Our performance against Watford was very good none the less.

Disagree. A lot of PL teams are consistently inconsistent. Capable of anything from a poor Championship level game to a top 4 PL level performance depending on their day.

Quite a few are also very fragile, capable of defending and playing really well if the score is 0-0 of they get a lead against a better team, but then can collapse like a popped balloon once they go behind.

Our performance against Watford was very good none the less.
I cant argue too strongly against you because theres no strong evidence to support either argument. The reason so many teams in the PL are inconsistent is because there are a lot of fairly strong teams now so outside the top 6 (who I would label strong teams) its unlikely anyone is going to go on a real run of form. In short, the inconsistencies of teams in this league is down to the strength of opposing teams, where as five-ten years ago there were a collective amount of teams who were really poor....

You absolutely spot on! Nice call:)

Back