• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Watford ***

didnt see the game! sounds absolutely abysmal performance reading on here.
Royal has no atacking ability ..Aurier was even better. No speed down the outside which is a badly needed option.You have to have both options on each flank. So frustrating it appears today.
... anyway anyway anyway its Spurs...what do we expect. Mr Levy needs to get our scouts thinking caps on..thats if he's
going to sign anyone..

I hate this stat. It's an anomaly of the fixture list and the fact we've had a lot of home games and the people buying into it will be the first to jump on the bandwagon if he loses 2 or 3 on the bounce.

He's improved us hugely, he's a top manager and I love him but that stat is worthless.

I agree, it is. But! We've always struggled against lesser teams to some extent, so he could've done much worse.

Arsenal fans and their media apologists (esp. nick ames-guardian) trying to make it sound like a crushing moral victory. A rallying point.

The results from the two games today are so very inconvenient for the football industry.

I do think people maybe wanna go and look at Contes teams in the past

he always plays wing backs and normally has a variety of them (we don’t have that really currently unless he fancies Doherty)

he has two main goal scorers up top and a runner from midfield who gets double figures ish… we only have dele for that latter role and one striker… 1

he gets his defence well organised quickly and allows the two wide CBS to join attacks

his CMs are normally 2 holders, one who is a quarterback type abs one who is an aggressor, plus that runner form midfield

he played 3-4-3 at Chelsea but had much much more time with the players to get them coached
Everywhere else it’s been 3-5-2

people complaining about crosses and also passing backwards (you hear the moans at the ground) are in for a rough time as it’s 80% or his tactics

In the 5 players in CM and upfront he had Hazard and Pedro at Chelsea, and Eriksen and Barella at Inter. So he does play creative players when he trusts them

Pedro and Hazard were both wide forwards weren't they? I'm talking in midfield/central attacking areas - obviously that is very much what Eriksen was, who seemed to be cast aside for most of his time at Inter and i don't know anything about Barella tbh

didnt see the game! sounds absolutely abysmal performance reading on here.
Royal has no atacking ability ..Aurier was even better. No speed down the outside which is a badly needed option.You have to have both options on each flank. So frustrating it appears today.
... anyway anyway anyway its Spurs...what do we expect. Mr Levy needs to get our scouts thinking caps on..thats if he's
going to sign anyone..

Even if we win 10 nil it will sound like an abysmal performance on here.

It was total domination in area. Just lack of penetration.

The whole game was spent mostly in their 3rd of the pitch.

Even if we win 10 nil it will sound like an abysmal performance on here.

It was total domination in area. Just lack of penetration.

The whole game was spent mostly in their 3rd of the pitch.

They set up to defend their third of the pitch - they sat off us and were happy to see us in possession past the half way line. Of course it looked like domination

We are just too one dimensional against these sort of teams. We played Soton for an hour ( after the penalty and against ten men) and today for 95 minutes - without scoring. That is a total of about 155 minutes withou scoring. Against two mediocre ( to be kind) teams.

Not good enough.

We need a different type of forward. A real line leader. Strong at hold up play and good in the air. They can then offer a different type of threat. One we simply don't have currently.

Pedro and Hazard were both wide forwards weren't they? I'm talking in midfield/central attacking areas - obviously that is very much what Eriksen was, who seemed to be cast aside for most of his time at Inter and i don't know anything about Barella tbh
Hazard played centrally and off Costa although is position on paper would be wide on one side
Pedro did come in from wide and swapped with willian
What they had was 2 DMs sat behind them
And it was a system conte hasn’t used elsewhere

We are just too one dimensional against these sort of teams. We played Soton for an hour ( after the penalty and against ten men) and today for 95 minutes - without scoring. That is a total of about 155 minutes withou scoring. Against two mediocre ( to be kind) teams.

Not good enough.

We need a different type of forward. A real line leader. Strong at hold up play and good in the air. They can then offer a different type of threat. One we simply don't have currently.

Had two good goals disallowed against soton.

I have probably a different mentality. I don't think we automatically deserve to beat teams because we are "a bigger team" or form.

Back