• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Watford FC ***

My son finally saw us win again and with his favourite player scoring. The curse is lifted.

Thought we were very good and very comfortable but we're still short a couple of players. Should have been 2 or 3 really with Harry and Deles chances.

Sanchez was brilliant again. Dier and Reggie were very good. Thought Japhet was poor all round particularly going forward. Great game v City but we need a right back. My first time seeing Hojbjerg in the flesh and he was very impressive. His movement off the ball to plug holes is outstanding.

Stevie looked lively and skillful especially first half. Kane looked lax throughout. I wouldn't read much into that because he often plays like that but a few lads around me were getting on his case. He won't get away with too many more of those.

All in all I'm happy but think we need a bit more creativity and, while Dier and Sanchez have been comfortable so far this season, I fear a top side will pull them apart at some stage. We do need 2-3 more players or we're 5th-8th this season.

Great win but soon as the team sheet was out I was worried.

Earlier in week with friends I said we should start Lo Celso and one of Skipp and PEH, I see no reason whatsoever for us to play 2 DMs at home to "weaker" teams where they sit back and you need creativity.

Concerned Nuno went that way and whilst we won, think we can question that method. 1 goal from open play in 3 games is worrying

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think not having 2 dms would expose the flaws of Dier and Sanchez. If we had better CBS (maybe Romero and ?) then I would completely agree.

I loved being able to give a proper send off to Danny Rose.

Yeah him and Sissoko. Call me petty but I wouldn't have done it and didn't do it during the game. Thought that was a bit much. But the applause afterwards was a very nice touch and deserved for the pair of them.

Great win but soon as the team sheet was out I was worried.

Earlier in week with friends I said we should start Lo Celso and one of Skipp and PEH, I see no reason whatsoever for us to play 2 DMs at home to "weaker" teams where they sit back and you need creativity.

Concerned Nuno went that way and whilst we won, think we can question that method. 1 goal from open play in 3 games is worrying

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Hojbjerg did play some lovely diagonals and joined up quite well with other players in their half.

It's not quite enough, we need to improve. But I can definitely understand Nuno going somewhat more conservative for the time being. Lo Celso isn't fully up to speed, Gil is still settling in, Ndombele hasn't been replaced/reintegrated.

At right back Tanganga looks the only right choice at the moment.

Have those potential game changing options on the bench and start a somewhat more solid 11. I think it makes sense, even though the weaknesses with that are obvious.

Now for Paratici to have a go at sorting out some of those problems.

You either need a creative player in the midfield or 2 attacking full backs.

Liverpool are solid in midfield but have their own version of Walker and Rose.

You can't play with Tanganga at right back and expect to break down team without have someone in the middle that can create something out of nothing.

So just back from game (at least fudging tube/train worked today)

Thoughts

- We look a well coached team, very rarely troubled by Watford
- Should have been a much easier win, couple of chances in first half, would really like to see the Son penalty call again and Kane & Dele both should have scored in the end.
- Tanganga had a bit of a mare, hopefully it's just part of the learning process.
- As others have mentioned, tempo was a little too slow at times, the midfield isn't creative enough.
- Interesting late in the game, Nuno clearly switched to allow PEH to go up more and he did add something (Still not replacement for a Lo Celso/Ndombele)

Other observations
- Two games in a row with set piece goal (wtf, is this Spurs?)
- Sissoko with his row Z special
- Both Danny and Sissoko got a really nice cheer after the game, Sonny walked them around a bit too

Nuno has taken a lot of the pressure/edge off by getting this start, really smart.

Team still needs something more, a little x factor, creativity, whatever

International break with us on top and the Scum at the bottom, fudge yes, COYS!

So just back from game (at least fudging tube/train worked today)

Thoughts

- We look a well coached team, very rarely troubled by Watford
- Should have been a much easier win, couple of chances in first half, would really like to see the Son penalty call again and Kane & Dele both should have scored in the end.
- Tanganga had a bit of a mare, hopefully it's just part of the learning process.
- As others have mentioned, tempo was a little too slow at times, the midfield isn't creative enough.
- Interesting late in the game, Nuno clearly switched to allow PEH to go up more and he did add something (Still not replacement for a Lo Celso/Ndombele)

Other observations
- Two games in a row with set piece goal (wtf, is this Spurs?)
- Sissoko with his row Z special
- Both Danny and Sissoko got a really nice cheer after the game, Sonny walked them around a bit too

Nuno has taken a lot of the pressure/edge off by getting this start, really smart.

Team still needs something more, a little x factor, creativity, whatever

International break with us on top and the Scum at the bottom, fudge yes, COYS!

My worry when Nuno was first linked was that we’d play like Wolves, but watching these games I’m really happy with how we’ve played. We don’t look gung ho, but we do look always in control. I don’t detect a massive difference from the 18/19 Poch at this point to be honest. I’m sure we’ll find another gear attacking wise, but I think today Watford we’re also well coached, athletic and solid.

But I’m really happy with the style of play. We’re creating openings, seeing the gaps, and we look like we are doing it without being naive. I think we’ll get better but my initial fears about Nuno are totally unfounded, I think he’s creating his own style for our club and I’m looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Back