• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd ***

First game of the season due to a badly planned holiday at the time of the United game. Can’t wait to watch some football that doesn’t make my eyes bleed.

Had a choice between this and my son’s second game for his new U12 team. It came down to (and I paraphrase Roy Keane here) “Spurs will always be my club, I might not always recognise him as my son.”

brick parent? Maybe. Eternal optimist? Definitely.

Don’t let me down Tottenham…

Sure, he might need a boost (although he might've had something of a boost against Fulham), but again, all the issues he's having are of his own making. A lot of players have to deal with life complications... hell, just regular people with jobs have to "just get on with it" at work even after suffering setbacks or losses, etc.

Stating the obvious. But you’re missing the biggest point which is that we don’t have to face our battles in front of millions of people, and get slagged off by the same millions if we don’t perform.

(Yeah they get paid well etc etc)

First game of the season due to a badly planned holiday at the time of the United game. Can’t wait to watch some football that doesn’t make my eyes bleed.

Had a choice between this and my son’s second game for his new U12 team. It came down to (and I paraphrase Roy Keane here) “Spurs will always be my club, I might not always recognise him as my son.”

brick parent? Maybe. Eternal optimist? Definitely.

Don’t let me down Tottenham…

I've always taken the opposite view, Spurs will always be there, the opportunity to watch my kids and grandkids play is far more limited, the down side is their loses are more heartbreaking.

I've always taken the opposite view, Spurs will always be there, the opportunity to watch my kids and grandkids play is far more limited, the down side is their loses are more heartbreaking.

Fair point. I do try to limit the number of his games I miss which is why I'm one of the few fans hoping for very few Saturday 3pm kick offs this season. Think Villa at end of November is likely to be the next one. My son's game has been rained off tomorrow though so I can enjoy Spurs guilt-free tomorrow.

However, as Ange has just gotten Manager of the Month, I'm prepared for the inevitable collapse where, by the time that Villa game rolls around, we'll have someone else in the dugout.

I also notice the club sending out emails saying Robbie Williams is a Spurs fan...opportunistic that is. He's a dyed in the wool Vale fan.

Need more badgers

Badgers_Badgers.gif

No I don't want to listen to some arsehole licking Klopps balls for 2 hours, it will put me in a bad mood and I'm looking forward to a good day.
For me it's being outside in the sunshine with beer and nice food stalls and my pals 10 yards from where I go in the stadium, trains work ace tomorrow too so Its literally 55 minutes for me from my home station

My son's game has been rained off tomorrow
Tell me you don't live in the South East, without telling me you don't live in the South East.
It's been a BOILING HOT summer's day here all day?!

I also notice the club sending out emails saying Robbie Williams is a Spurs fan...opportunistic that is. He's a dyed in the wool Vale fan.
Robbie himself said "I guess that means I'm a Spurs fan now" on the video. Did you watch it?

Tell me you don't live in the South East, without telling me you don't live in the South East.
It's been a BOILING HOT summer's day here all day?!

Robbie himself said "I guess that means I'm a Spurs fan now" on the video. Did you watch it?

I live in the East of Ireland and it’s been tinkling it down for the last 24 hours :)

He did say that and with a look of resignation that made it seem oh so genuine. But he confirmed in an interview that he merely has a soft spot for us and supports Port Vale. He’s always been a massive Vale fan. I admire him more for that to be honest rather than if he completely jumped on the bandwagon.

Oh what i'd do for a straightforward 2 or 3 goal win and a clean sheet....is this too much to ask after an international break?
Sheffield United look decent i must admit and should be much harder than Burnely, though of course we're at home so that might balance thigs when comparing to Burnley. I have to say Sheffield Utd look more pragmatic than Burnley (the less said about the last time we played them, the better - deal?)

I'm going to be positive and say we'll score first through a Son breakaway and then get another just before halftime from a set-piece from Maddison.
Then they come out fighting in the second half before we make a change and Richarlison scores to make it 3-0 and the ground almost explodes....Carling, eh....

COYS

Only Sheffield United but it feels like a big one today. Win and it’s another big 3 points and the momentum picks up some more. Lose and it’s a bad loss at home to a relegation battler, ahead of Arsenal and Liverpool in the next couple of games.

Going for 3-1. Son 2, Maddison 1.

Back