• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd ***

We have played some pretty poor sides. Brentford maybe the best? A game where we had a harsh pen against Son. We had two pen appeals today that were clearer fouls than Sons. Had VAR not ruled that Brentford contact a pen we’d be 100% in the PL! Which would flatter us. Truth is we’ve played some bang average sides and are work in progress.

can only beat what’s in front of you and we’ve not done that consistently for a while, I’m glass half full

Would be interested to know what the refs decision making was for:

• The 2nd drop ball from the corner uncontested for Sheff Utd
  • The free kick they took that was basically passed to Son then the ref blew the whistle?
Just 2 off the top of my head.

The son free kick I think the SU player was trying to get son booked by claiming he was obstructing the fk.
So ungentlemanly conduct and then hauls son down and complaind to ref, three offences in as many seconds, would never happen but should really be off.

Interesting reading how Sheffield United fans think the ref is corrupt for adding 12 minutes. Don't think you'll find one Spurs fan who thinks it was too much in either half.

The ref spoiled the game imo which embolded Sheff Utd to do some crazy time wasting. Poetic justice delivered cold.

Ange needs a plan B when teams sit deep with 4 CBs in the box. Work the intricate passing by all means but layoff outside the penalty box for Son, Maddison and maybe Kulu to shoot like how other PL teams do. Letting Solomon or Bissouma isn't the best way to score goals.

Brennon looks bright.. so fortunate that Kulu got the goal but I trust Ange to make the right decisions - his subs were late but spot on today - admittedly i thought putting richarlison on was risky.

Of note we have a group of players who are willing to run their socks off for a victory. Bissouma has that leadership by example attribute that will put him in good stead as future vice captain

can only beat what’s in front of you and we’ve not done that consistently for a while, I’m glass half full

No doubt. And the biggest positive for me are the characters in this squad. Kulu - immense. Never gives up. Johnson came on and tore into them. Richarlison the difference maker. Bissouma, Madison, Solomon and a number of others able to run around other PL players with the ball. We have a team of players who are comfortable with the ball at their feet. Early days under Postecoglou but he is building up a squad of determined, skilful players already.

Our composure, finishing and final ball needs work however. Unsurprisingly post-Kane.

The son free kick I think the SU player was trying to get son booked by claiming he was obstructing the fk.
So ungentlemanly conduct and then hauls son down and complaind to ref, three offences in as many seconds, would never happen but should really be off.
100% that

fudge me, that was wonderful. Have to be honest, even a 0-1, I thought we'd played really well and had just come up against a well organised, committed, lucky bunch of brickhouses. Couldn't pick a bad performance in our side. The last few minutes was just what football is all about.

Thought the two CBs were very good, Bissouma was excellent and I think I want to bum or get bummed by Maddison. The lad oozes Spurs from geeing up the crowd as 90 minutes dawned to his celebrations at the end. I'm too old to have heroes. James Maddison is my hero.

Sheffield United can have no complaints. We battered them and they brickhoused their way through the game. fudge them.

A word for the crowd. Its like a different crowd. Even at 0-1 they were behind the team and there was no spacegoating. Its like a different club.

• The free kick they took that was basically passed to Son then the ref blew the whistle?

I honestly think the first one was a message to the fans about the ball being thrown in. Maybe giving him too much credit.

The rest he was absolutely bonkers

We have played some pretty poor sides. Brentford maybe the best? A game where we had a harsh pen against Son. We had two pen appeals today that were clearer fouls than Sons. Had VAR not ruled that Brentford contact a pen we’d be 100% in the PL! Which would flatter us. Truth is we’ve played some bang average sides and are work in progress.
The next two games will certainly show our true level.

No doubt. And the biggest positive for me are the characters in this squad. Kulu - immense. Never gives up. Johnson came on and tore into them. Richarlison the difference maker. Bissouma, Madison, Solomon and a number of others able to run around other PL players with the ball. We have a team of players who are comfortable with the ball at their feet. Early days under Postecoglou but he is building up a squad of determined, skilful players already.

Our composure, finishing and final ball needs work however. Unsurprisingly post-Kane.

The thing is though, we have all seen these games with Kane in the side too. They just happen now and then. But where we are better in general, Kane or otherwise is that rather than creating only 3/4 chances we created that and then some, other days they will drop and we will absolutely batter someone like SU.

Just the nature of the game sometimes.

How about when he gave us a free kick blew his whistle and then realised half their team were having an unofficial drinks break and stopped play.

Funnily enough I haven't been impressed with anyone. Liverpool can't defend, Utd can't defend or attack. Arteta needs to stop trying to out smart himself and Howe is looking to get sacked.

City will just cruise to the title.

I'm absolutely the same, every weekend what came before goes out the form book. West Ham tonk Brighton, Bruton tonk everyone else. Saudi Sportswashing Machine batter Liverpool, beaten, then beaten badly again, drawing now at home to Brentford etc. Could go on and on.

I actually am not fussed about the big teams, beat the rubbish week in week out and you get pretty much what you deserve long term in this league.

The thing is though, we have all seen these games with Kane in the side too. They just happen now and then. But where we are better in general, Kane or otherwise is that rather than creating only 3/4 chances we created that and then some, other days they will drop and we will absolutely batter someone like SU.

Just the nature of the game sometimes.

You are right, we did see those games. But I think teams played much better than Sheffield did today to nullify Kane and Son. SU weren’t great. They did defend well in numbers.

We are not yet settled up front. A settled front line, all in sync wouldn’t have needed until the 98th minute. A Kane or another established striker would have made some 1-2s to run through on goal, or finished one of the many many half chances.

Back