• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest FC ***

Asking Son (I assume that's what's happening) to drop towards our midfield with his back to goal is playing to the very weakest part of his game. It's silly.

I bet Maddison would be better as a false 9..ultra comfortable receiving it in tight spaces and capable of laying it off sharply, a bit of skill, or picking a pass that noone else can see. Plus it would stop him coming deep, which is ok but not very productive and probably unnecessary when Bentancur is on the pitch.

Reactions: jrh
Just seeing Nuno saying that Maddison could have gone. Am I missing something? It’s been branded a punch but seemed like a little shove from what I saw.

The lad Yates was a disgrace lying on the ground that long while we were attacking. There couldn’t have been anything wrong with him. I’d be absolutely fuming with him if I was a team mate, supporter or Nuno.

Just seeing Nuno saying that Maddison could have gone. Am I missing something? It’s been branded a punch but seemed like a little shove from what I saw.

The lad Yates was a disgrace lying on the ground that long while we were attacking. There couldn’t have been anything wrong with him. I’d be absolutely fuming with him if I was a team mate, supporter or Nuno.
It was a tiny little punch from Maddison I think in retaliation to Yates pulling at him all the time. It was silly from Maddison and could have ruined the whole game for us.

That Yates is a Harry Hunt, we need to deal with blokes like him better though, they seem to have our mark as much as I wanna see them lumped. Got away with one slightly there

Agreed. Him and Bissouma both having dangerous brain farts but at least PEH is picking a pass or two.
He is picking a pass and they aren’t always great but he was using the ball quickly

Maddison took 5 touches every time
Son dropped to the half way line and was taking loads of touches
We are so guilty of over playing and slowing it down

That change in the second half was about pace with the ball

It was a tiny little punch from Maddison I think in retaliation to Yates pulling at him all the time. It was silly from Maddison and could have ruined the whole game for us.

That Yates is a Harry Hunt, we need to deal with blokes like him better though, they seem to have our mark as much as I wanna see them lumped. Got away with one slightly there
I need to rewatch it. Really looked like much ado about nothing and I thought Yates was a disgrace.

If Maddison has punched him, he needs to give his head a wobble. That sort of brick could be costly.

He is picking a pass and they aren’t always great but he was using the ball quickly

Maddison took 5 touches every time
Son dropped to the half way line and was taking loads of touches
We are so guilty of over playing and slowing it down

That change in the second half was about pace with the ball

he sat deeper in the midfield too, stopped them gaining yards with the easy out before moving it wide

I need to rewatch it. Really looked like much ado about nothing and I thought Yates was a disgrace.

If Maddison has punched him, he needs to give his head a wobble. That sort of brick could be costly.
From behind the Paxton goal it looked like Maddison had done “something” but I only caught the last millisecond of the incident so not wholly sure what happened but I sense Maddison was not as innocent as he made out. Yates milked it for all it was worth. Having said that, that’s what VAR is there for and there was no indication it was being reviewed.
I find Maddison a bit of an enigma in that he loves a bit of a wind up but reacts too easily when it’s against him.

Ah here. Maddison has done little wrong there. If that’s a punch, the game is gone completely. Yates should be absolutely ashamed of himself lying on the ground for as long as he did.

Red card my hole.

If he threw an arm it should be red, it’s not about the force, it’s the petulance.

The other lad did the right thing making a meal of it, I expect the same of our players, get a many bookings for the opposition as possible.

Back