• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Morecambe ***

Dele was getting it as well as he walked round by the corner flag (I was in 250 today). He seemed to get a better reaction as he got to behind the goal although equally that could have been clapping the players coming on
Regardless it was a horrible atmosphere at that point. I understand the frustrations especially with NDombele but I don’t like players being booed.
He got applauded where I was 102

Tottenham midfielder Harry Winks, who scored his side's equaliser, told BBC Radio 5 Live: "We only have ourselves to blame. It was a poor performance from start to finish. We need to settle nerves and score. We didn't do that an it was a poor performance.

"It wasn't a good enough performance we were sloppy at times. Everybody could have upped their game a lot. At half-time there were harsh words said."

On his stunning goal, he added: "I meant that free kick. My thought process was to aim for the far corner, try to connect to it and if I don't someone can get a head to it."

There was one point, not long before the subs were made, when Doherty ran into the box and (I think) NDombele played the ball into him. Almost led to a goal. Point being it was about the first time I had seen a player running into some space rather than waiting statically for the ball to be played to them. There was a real dearth of movement, pre-subs.

Dele was getting it as well as he walked round by the corner flag (I was in 250 today). He seemed to get a better reaction as he got to behind the goal although equally that could have been clapping the players coming on
Regardless it was a horrible atmosphere at that point. I understand the frustrations especially with NDombele but I don’t like players being booed.

It came across horribly on TV. It might not reflect reality but it looked like Ndombele was resoundingly booed, Dele booed to a large extent and Gil was applauded. Ndombele and Dele are done at this point I think both are lost causes but in mitigation having no focal point on the pitch until Kane came on didn’t help anyone. Every attacking player looked better once Kane was on.

I would say at least Dele seemed to put in a lot of effort and won the ball back a few times. It's not coming off for him, but at least he tries.

Not sure why Ndombele thinks it's OK to jog around so casually. Walking so slowly off the pitch was a tinkletake tbh.

This game demonstrated why strikers get paid the big bucks, without forward movement teams just struggle. Both Gil and Dele first movement was to come away from the box add that to Lo Celso and N'dombele wanting 5 or 6 touches we ground to a standstill. Very honest interview from Winks who was by far our best player. A half good side would have beat us today.

Missed the game today but sounds horrific. Did anyone emerge with any credit for their individual performance?

This game demonstrated why strikers get paid the big bucks, without forward movement teams just struggle. Both Gil and Dele first movement was to come away from the box add that to Lo Celso and N'dombele wanting 5 or 6 touches we ground to a standstill. Very honest interview from Winks who was by far our best player. A half good side would have beat us today.
Agreed
The lack of that striker is criminal
Absolutely no focal point for anything
It’s just so bad

It came across horribly on TV. It might not reflect reality but it looked like Ndombele was resoundingly booed, Dele booed to a large extent and Gil was applauded. Ndombele and Dele are done at this point I think both are lost causes but in mitigation having no focal point on the pitch until Kane came on didn’t help anyone. Every attacking player looked better once Kane was on.

The booing was resounding and the loudest I’ve ever heard at the lane. Bryan was applauded because he sprinted off. Dele got caught in friendly fire I think

Sessegnon should get Son's place while he's injured. He played reasonably well, and looked to be on the front foot. Will be better with better players around him, and a team that is more cohesive.

Back