• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United ***

Tried that
They even let me back in
I dropped them I’m sure when we scored the second goal
Stewards started off arsey until I said I can track them to your pocket…
it’s my fault but it’s £300 ish that I could do with out having to find
And I use these all the time … probably too much TBH
IMG_1798.png

Looks like when I asked the staff to just give them back… I was right

Tried that
They even let me back in
I dropped them I’m sure when we scored the second goal
Stewards started off arsey until I said I can track them to your pocket…
it’s my fault but it’s £300 ish that I could do with out having to find
And I use these all the time … probably too much TBH

Sorry you lost them. Maybe I'm cheap but its why I dont spend big on these things, sunglasses etc. Average lifetime of things in these categories must be very short

I was as happy as the next guy when the second went in but a few hours later, I think the way we all celebrated a draw shows this team really belong in mid-table. Sure, we looked better in the second half but they'd played taxing game a few days before and it was to be expected that they'd get tired at some point. If we really were chasing a CL spot, this would have been a disappointing result, considering the circumstances. At least, there was some passion but I think that should be a given for any team, not something to be 'proud' of.

On a side note, I'm curious to see how Ten Haag will fare next season. He's had a very good first season but sometimes, these things can play against you as everyone will expect him to improve on that, which might prove difficult. Our own season might have turned differently without the exceptional run we had a year ago.

I was as happy as the next guy when the second went in but a few hours later, I think the way we all celebrated a draw shows this team really belong in mid-table. Sure, we looked better in the second half but they'd played taxing game a few days before and it was to be expected that they'd get tired at some point. If we really were chasing a CL spot, this would have been a disappointing result, considering the circumstances. At least, there was some passion but I think that should be a given for any team, not something to be 'proud' of.

On a side note, I'm curious to see how Ten Haag will fare next season. He's had a very good first season but sometimes, these things can play against you as everyone will expect him to improve on that, which might prove difficult. Our own season might have turned differently without the exceptional run we had a year ago.
I think the “celebrations” were just relief as much as anything. Coming off the back of a 6-1 and with a new caretaker manager any signs of stopping the bleeding were welcome.

The second half was uplifting but we looked like relegation material in the first half, utd should really have been out of sight. Agree on Ten Hag, I’m not convinced by him.

Context mate, we just got spanked less than 5 days ago, on our third manager in a season, playing against a side we haven't won our last 4 games against, go two nil down (to a bit of the same old, same old), we manage to turn it around, create a number of chances, drag ourselves back into the game .. but don't celebrate? fwiw, Spurs haven't been mid table for about 15 years

Re ETH, I've said it before, he's got a good squad (plus Rashford having the season of his career), the two CB's plus Eriksen & Casimiro have made the difference, the rest of the PL is pretty dire this year. with all of that, his sides are too open, nothing has changed since that night in Ajax, they don't play to the moments in the game.

Well done boys ..

So easy after that second to feel hard done by

Came back, could have won, draw probably fair

Another bottle job by the ref, United should have been down to 10 twice ..
Definitely down to 10 once. The shirt pull by Lindelof is a yellow all the time. Unless of course you're a United player and are already on a yellow.

Although, as someone else said, if they went down to 10 they would have shut up shop and we might not have had as much space to create the chances we did.

Context mate, we just got spanked less than 5 days ago, on our third manager in a season, playing against a side we haven't won our last 4 games against, go two nil down (to a bit of the same old, same old), we manage to turn it around, create a number of chances, drag ourselves back into the game .. but don't celebrate? fwiw, Spurs haven't been mid table for about 15 years

Re ETH, I've said it before, he's got a good squad (plus Rashford having the season of his career), the two CB's plus Eriksen & Casimiro have made the difference, the rest of the PL is pretty dire this year. with all of that, his sides are too open, nothing has changed since that night in Ajax, they don't play to the moments in the game.

I think we all felt the same relief but, according to some fans and pundits, we should never have been in that situation in the first place. The point I was making is that, as disappointing as i may sound, Conte may have got us much higher than we should have been. We all expected/demanded that he'd improve on last year's top 4 finish but I'm not sure these players have that in them. That's not to say he was 100% right and he isn't - at least, partly - to blame for our current predicament but, reading some posts, you'd think he'd botched the job on purpose.

With hindsight, I'd say his claims of a 'miracle' aren't far wide off the mark. It doesn't make up for the boring football he served all season, but it puts some perspective on some of his comments, I think.

I think we all felt the same relief but, according to some fans and pundits, we should never have been in that situation in the first place. The point I was making is that, as disappointing as i may sound, Conte may have got us much higher than we should have been. We all expected/demanded that he'd improve on last year's top 4 finish but I'm not sure these players have that in them. That's not to say he was 100% right and he isn't - at least, partly - to blame for our current predicament but, reading some posts, you'd think he'd botched the job on purpose.

With hindsight, I'd say his claims of a 'miracle' aren't far wide off the mark. It doesn't make up for the boring football he served all season, but it puts some perspective on some of his comments, I think.
I think what Eddie Howe is doing at Saudi Sportswashing Machine with those players is more of a miracle than Conte performed last season.

Mason: "the players showed what I always knew about them, that they will fight as a team."

Conte: "the players are selfish and don't care"

I mean, fudge off Conte.
Fine but they need to show the same desire and commitment in every game. I don’t trust players that only show up now and again.

some post match thoughts:

1. 3-4-3 doesn't work. Our 2 man midfield got absolutely dominated in the first half (as it has all season against the best teams) and played no part in gettinig us back in the game. Kane dropping deep, consistently, to support the midfield (and being our best midfielder) meant we missed him up front. But here's the real problem, the team literally CANNOT play any other formation apart from 3-4-3. they have been conditioned to it so long, to such drab play, we literally cannot do anythign else apart from playing 3-4-3. We don't have the players to really adjust to something, mainly due to injuries but even then, they have been coached out of it for so long.
  2. Spence - Said this earlier in the thread, but christ, can he be £45M worse than what we spent on Porro? Awful decision and call by us. Conte vanity project, silly of Levy to spend that much on a manager who was clearly not intending to stay. We now have 3 RWBs (Spence, Porro Emerson) and 2 LWBs (Sessengnon and Perisic). Really lopsided.
  3. Lack of coaching - like my initial point, this team has lacked a good 'coach' for years now. the fix will take several years

Our squad is better than Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s, overall. Look at the difference in the two clubs, thanks to a competent coach who has completely bought into the club.

I think what Eddie Howe is doing at Saudi Sportswashing Machine with those players is more of a miracle than Conte performed last season.

Our squad is better than Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s, overall. Look at the difference in the two clubs, thanks to a competent coach who has completely bought into the club.

First of all, one doesn't exclude the other. What you're both saying is true, but Moyes got Everton in the Champions League once and yet, few people would put him on a par with Conte. Vastly different circumstances for Howe but we'll see how he fares in the long run. Again, my point was two-fold: a) the football being incredibly dull doesn't mean the manager doesn't know what he's talking about and b) over-performing can backfire if you can't sustain that on the long run.

I stand by my point that this squad belongs in upper mid-table. For five or six years, I've been reading about how good these players are. Truth is, they're so good, nobody's managed to get a tune of them. We've managed to sneak in the CL places more often than not with the help of some of the best coaches in the world (results-wise, at least). The one time we appointed a 'competent' coach, Espirito Santo, guess where that got us... And, of course, the circumstances played against him but every manager at every club in the world has to face those.

First of all, one doesn't exclude the other. What you're both saying is true, but Moyes got Everton in the Champions League once and yet, few people would put him on a par with Conte. Vastly different circumstances for Howe but we'll see how he fares in the long run. Again, my point was two-fold: a) the football being incredibly dull doesn't mean the manager doesn't know what he's talking about and b) over-performing can backfire if you can't sustain that on the long run.

I stand by my point that this squad belongs in upper mid-table. For five or six years, I've been reading about how good these players are. Truth is, they're so good, nobody's managed to get a tune of them. We've managed to sneak in the CL places more often than not with the help of some of the best coaches in the world (results-wise, at least). The one time we appointed a 'competent' coach, Espirito Santo, guess where that got us... And, of course, the circumstances played against him but every manager at every club in the world has to face those.

In my opinion, we haven’t had a coach since Poch. Mourinho and Conte might both be great managers, but they’re not great coaches, and neither of them suited us — it might have been clear to some before they were appointed but for the rest of us we’ve learnt that now. Nuno, who knows…that was was an aberration.

We clearly need a coach, in the style of Eddie Howe. You say that our squad belongs mid-table, so we’re does Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s belong? You’d probably take 3 or 4 of their players, and that’s on the back of this season. He’s done an incredible job with players like Joelinton, Nick Pope, Dan Burn, Joe Willock, Sean Longstaff etc etc. There’s absolutely no reason why some of our fringe players couldn’t do a job like them with the right coaching.

Of course, Eddie Howe probably won’t sustain it and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will fire him at some point, as the pressure of Saudi Arabia will be on them. But it doesn’t change what he’s done this season.

We need a coach that will commit to improving players, to focussing on a system that gets the best of out them, to promoting youth and rotating players. Get that, and we absolutely can be a top 4 team with more or less a similar squad.

Back