• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool FC ***

About a third of those goals from set pieces. Sort that out and it's more respectable.

Set piece goals are not because of inverted fullbacks (to the Ange critics). And when we are not chasing a game we don’t throw the FBs forward without some care.

There are issues defending. We are not aware of danger. That ball over to Salah for their first was coming. We’d had 2 let offs with a similar run and ball.

The point is: we’re not a savvy side. Neither Ange nor the players on the pitch are picking these things up and adapting. Similar against Chelsea. They had a man over at the back stick. We had 2-3 let offs. No one adjusted or picked it up. And we conceded the first goal with an overload after a couple of warnings.

Was interesting to see the Hoddle interview where he talks about Steve Perryman. How he would be a manager on the pitch, having a quick word or flagging something up. We’re a bit naive as a side, don’t gauge a game and hustle to keep in the game. When the momentum shifts we collapse at the moment. We have a lot of newish players who are quite young. So it’s understandable. But there needs to be more communication. And better defensive awareness from management through to the players on the pitch. Of course be attacking and go for the jugular, but have just as much pride and determination stopping goals too.

You literally said “but is is his position”. Is left back his position? I know right back is. I’m not a professional at football, but left back and right back are not, as far as I know, the same position.
Not much difference imo. I played right wing or back for the most for my club team, but always left back for the regional and national team.

Think you can pretty much bet your house on us fluking a 1-0 win in that game.
I am old enough and have supported Spurs through some pretty bad times to not let a football result ruin my weekend(when I was younger I would be raging for days) but if by some miracle we beat City and it ends up giving the goons the title my summer will be fudged for sure. I will not hear the last of it from supporters of other teams at work for weeks

I am old enough and have supported Spurs through some pretty bad times to not let a football result ruin my weekend(when I was younger I would be raging for days) but if by some miracle we beat City and it ends up giving the goons the title my summer will be fudged for sure. I will not hear the last of it from supporters of other teams at work for weeks
You can at least tell them that Spurs won the title for them, they wouldn't have done it without a brilliant Spurs display etc.

Not much difference imo. I played right wing or back for the most for my club team, but always left back for the regional and national team.
Are you as one footed as royal? A trad or inverted? It makes a difference. And look at how Sanchez was much worse playing on his unnatural side as CB. Royal doesn’t work on the left side.

We just have to trust in Ange. I do. Guy is seething. You can see it. I just hope he gets serious backing. The one player I want is Gallagher from Chelsea. But we clearly need at least 4 more. It worries me he isn't interested in our youth too.

We just have to trust in Ange. I do. Guy is seething. You can see it. I just hope he gets serious backing. The one player I want is Gallagher from Chelsea. But we clearly need at least 4 more. It worries me he isn't interested in our youth too.
Yeah it's glaringly obvious that he doesn't trust a number of the current squad to play how he wants us to play. It's going to be a massive job of clearing out and bringing in, but it absolutely needs to be backed.

These players and this club lacks any sort of winning mentality. Great teams have that incredible desire to win every game, and if things look to be going south, they adapt to "well, we might not win this, but hell, we ain't fudging gonna lose it!", and that will and determination is clearly visible in those teams.

This team and club is more like "we'll just plod along and see what happens. What happens happens. No need to put any extra effort in."

These players and this club lacks any sort of winning mentality. Great teams have that incredible desire to win every game, and if things look to be going south, they adapt to "well, we might not win this, but hell, we ain't fudging gonna lose it!", and that will and determination is clearly visible in those teams.

This team and club is more like "we'll just plod along and see what happens. What happens happens. No need to put any extra effort in."
That’s how you win cups
Just not leagues

Are you as one footed as royal? A trad or inverted? It makes a difference. And look at how Sanchez was much worse playing on his unnatural side as CB. Royal doesn’t work on the left side.
I was pretty one footed. My left peg was mostly just for running. I could clear with my left but not much more. Played as a traditional back/wing back on both sides, but obviously more prone to cutting in from the left.

But Sanchez, like royal isn’t a very good technical player with the ball
Today though was royal being caught out with the offside line and not tracking the best attacker in the league
He also lost it with so many other calls he made

Credit Ange for the changes. We looked a different team for the last 30.

Hard to say how much of that is down to us and how much down to them taking the foot off the gas.

First 60 mins was utterly unacceptable though. Very, very worrying signs. Royale may take most of the blame but the issues are much deeper rooted than that.
Royale is a very average right back who was deployed at left back, to blame him is just lazy. He is simply not good enough.

I didn't watch the game, but from the comments it seems that Royal had a mare (unsurprisingly) at left-back. What are the thoughts on why Ange didn't put VdV there, with Dragusin next to Romero?

I didn't watch the game, but from the comments it seems that Royal had a mare (unsurprisingly) at left-back. What are the thoughts on why Ange didn't put VdV there, with Dragusin next to Romero?
Illl guess because it’s creating issues

You’re moving one player into a new role in VDV and then adding Draguskoj into a role he had a mare in for us in his previous games

Back