• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

Naive is another word for our second half performance.
I was thinking that as I strolled in to work just now. It's what The Goons have been in Europe for years. At least in our case this is only our third CL campaign.

na·ive
nīˈēv/
adjective
  1. (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.
    "the rather naive young man had been totally misled"
As we have done in the past few years, we will learn and grow and evolve and improve.

COYS!!!!

West Ham cup game for me. Still bloody fuming as it was so bloody unnecessary

Juve were always going to be tough.
Yeah that was pants too but the games that seem to affect me the most are ones that have added weight to them. By that I mean that these matches are seminal moments in the clubs progression where losing derails our slow but inexorable climb to the top. Some years it is losing to minnows like West Ham that gets to me but this year it was that match against Juve.

Straight red anywhere.

The BT Sport talking heads just laughed all that brick off at half time as "just the Italians being Italians", more or less. Can imagine the inquiry we'd be having if Dele had done it.
Nah no enquiry. They'll just move straight to summary execution for Alli.

Taken a good day for me to want to think and type about the game last night. For me its one of those things, yes they are more experienced and yes they have been there and done that. But it was one of those game where they got 2 shots and took both. They were good chances. Over the 2 legs we more than outplayed them, at 1-0 up before their first goal I felt we had started to sit deeper to protect the lead. This was letting them get closer to our goal than they had all game, and we conceded a lucky goal. Khadeira had no idea where Higuain was, he just tried to get it in that general direction. But Dier let higuain run straight past him. Dier does this on occasion.

But still we were the better team, going 2-1 down though was the killer blow. Italian teams are built to defend and It was going to be hard from that part.

But I want to talk about the second goal a bit more. If felt like the instruction from Poch was that we were sitting too deep. This caused their first goal. So we pushed right back up. And again it was individual errors that cost us. Sanchez had to win the ball or sit, and Tripps had to cover the run from Dybala. It was an easy goal to stop.

Although it seems im picking out players Im not really. The team more than outplayed Juve for the majority of the game. We almost equalized. They tried to nulify our tactics by pressing our players playing out from the back, we dealt with that and gave them problems down their right.

I just feel we was cruising, dropped a bit too deep for their first and then the shock that we had given away an easy chance and with pushing back up to continue what we had done most of the game some players got caught out.

At 1-0 we could have dropped to 3 at the back and smothers higuain and Dybala but we continued to play our way.

Im not going to say I am proud of the team, we lost. We should not be proud of defeat. But the team as a whole worked their socks off, played a very good game and was undone. Its football. It happens. The best team does not always win.

I really hope now its a spur for our players to go on and win the Cup. The league is gone. But we have a great chance in the FA Cup.

I love watching this team and we took it to both finalists from last year. That just proves to me we are not far off in all competitions.

Yeah that was pants too but the games that seem to affect me the most are ones that have added weight to them. By that I mean that these matches are seminal moments in the clubs progression where losing derails our slow but inexorable climb to the top. Some years it is losing to minnows like West Ham that gets to me but this year it was that match against Juve.

Juve are a top top team, with bags of experience.
I honestly think we are still under estimating how good we did to take them the distance!

Juve are a top top team, with bags of experience.
I honestly think we are still under estimating how good we did to take them the distance!
I agree with that, and that's why putting them away would have been another step in our growth. I wasn't to be though.

Back