• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

-----------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker------Dawson------Chriches----Vertonghen
--------------Sandro-------Paulinho----------------
--Townsend--------Eriksen-----------Siggy--------
---------------------Soldado------------------------

Subs: Brad, Naughton, Dembele, Holtby, Defoe, Lamela, Lennon

Out: Chadli, Ade

Im at the lane for both games this week so i think we are nailed on to lose at least one of them, i like what i saw of chadli the other night hope i get to see a bit of him. Would like to see eriksen as well because the boy has a lot of talent, we still need to settle into a team and avb needs to grow some balls.

Love tottenham just not the way we play these days.

Im going for 2-0 in the league and 4-1 in the league cup.

A question to those who become so furious every time AVB takes any first teamers to the Europa league. If we do get into the CL, what exactly are we going to do? If we can't handle 3 first teamers actually appearing and another 3 or 4 travelling against inferior opposition (cos the teams in our group are ****), what are we going to do when we have to play a full team on Tuesday/ Wednesday and then again on Saturday because each game is too important to make wholesale changes?

Fine to do this in the LATTER stages of the EL, but not to places like Tromso, Anji and Sherrif in the group stages. The distances are far too far and and the games too inconsequential to risk first teamers in these types of games when we have such a big squad and quality back up more than capable of getting results at places like these and players who themselves need game time and opportunity to claim a first team spot.

The risk of impacting adversely on our PL games which are much more important IMO is far too great. Personally, I believe the roots of the Wet Spam game can be traced back to Anji.

Im at the lane for both games this week so i think we are nailed on to lose at least one of them, i like what i saw of chadli the other night hope i get to see a bit of him. Would like to see eriksen as well because the boy has a lot of talent, we still need to settle into a team and avb needs to grow some balls.

Love tottenham just not the way we play these days.

Im going for 2-0 in the league and 4-1 in the league cup.

Eriksen was flavour of the month and the best thing since sliced bread after the Norwich game, there's been somewhat of a sea change in the last few weeks with people and some people want him on the bench. Don't get me wrong, I like Holtby and he's done well despite the club buying players in his position which is a clear message to him, but Eriksen is the better of the two and is a potential match winner.

I don't understand the Eriksen thing, the only bad game he had was vs West Ham but then who didn't?(other than Townsend). People say he was **** against Chelsea as well despite him creating the first goal, Soldado was credited with the assist but it was Eriksen who really made it, I like Holtby as well but he had a fairly quiet game last week so it should be Eriksen's turn again - assuming it's one or the other.

I don't understand the Eriksen thing, the only bad game he had was vs West Ham but then who didn't?(other than Townsend). People say he was **** against Chelsea as well despite him creating the first goal, Soldado was credited with the assist but it was Eriksen who really made it, I like Holtby as well but he had a fairly quiet game last week so it should be Eriksen's turn again - assuming it's one or the other.

Yep. I've said it a couple of times, Eriksen seems to be the new VDV in the sense that he's subbed whenever we aren't winning games.

Eriksen was flavour of the month and the best thing since sliced bread after the Norwich game, there's been somewhat of a sea change in the last few weeks with people and some people want him on the bench. Don't get me wrong, I like Holtby and he's done well despite the club buying players in his position which is a clear message to him, but Eriksen is the better of the two and is a potential match winner.

He'll play really ridiculous well against any team with a 442 like Norwich. He had so much space floating between the lines. Against a usual premier league 3 man midfield he doesnt have the same space. Hull usually play 442. I expect him to have another great game if they do.

Yep. I've said it a couple of times, Eriksen seems to be the new VDV in the sense that he's subbed whenever we aren't winning games.

Isn't he playing in one of the most obvious positions to make a change if you are failing to break a team down?

Isn't he playing in one of the most obvious positions to make a change if you are failing to break a team down?

That doesn't mean it's always down to the number 10. Could be the wingers aren't having much luck against the full backs or the central midfielders aren't getting the ball to the attacking players enough. Just seems like an easy option to me to always sub the creative player. I'm not saying Eriksen has been good in every game but there's definitely been more than one game when AVB has subbed him and I've wondered why.

Sandro when asked if he'd text Tom Huddlestone before the match tomorrow:

'*chuckles* No, but I will kick him.'

That doesn't mean it's always down to the number 10. Could be the wingers aren't having much luck against the full backs or the central midfielders aren't getting the ball to the attacking players enough. Just seems like an easy option to me to always sub the creative player. I'm not saying Eriksen has been good in every game but there's definitely been more than one game when AVB has subbed him and I've wondered why.

Our wide players get subbed plenty too

think we'll boss possession but get a 1-0 win.

Hull dont even look a bad team but after seeing some of the players that could be out, it might be a stroll.

I think AVB should select whoever is in better form. Holtby had a great start to the season, and he was given the first 11 place by merit. Now he seems to be dropping out of form. I would give him this match as well and if he doesn't deliver put Eriksen in the squad next time ahead of Holtby. It is just insane not too pick the one who is in better form just because it would put someone else on the bench. Except maybe Ronaldo and Messi, no one's form is forever so, us having a pretty solid bunch with players being pretty close together value wise, form is the key to the first 11.

I think AVB should select whoever is in better form. Holtby had a great start to the season, and he was given the first 11 place by merit. Now he seems to be dropping out of form. I would give him this match as well and if he doesn't deliver put Eriksen in the squad next time ahead of Holtby. It is just insane not too pick the one who is in better form just because it would put someone else on the bench. Except maybe Ronaldo and Messi, no one's form is forever so, us having a pretty solid bunch with players being pretty close together value wise, form is the key to the first 11.

I'd start Eriksen here. Holtby midweek against Hull in the cup.

Bruce said: “What we dare not do is try to take on Tottenham at their own game. If we tried to do that, we would lose. We need to be organised and resolute - just as we have been this season.”

Lets hope we have some more options up our sleeve to breakdown teams that sit back and counter. West ham have provided the model that Bruce will follow. If our high defensive line is not working - making play too compact, or it looks like Hull could break - the I'd like to see the CBs drop off more and create increased space for our midfield. Either that or we have to do better with intricate fast passes and movement. AVB will have thought over the wrongs of the west ham game - we should see something to combat Hull's inevitable tactics.

I'd start Eriksen here. Holtby midweek against Hull in the cup.
It is a close decision we will just have to wait and see what AVB thinks, I still think that Holtby will edge it, Eriksen played with Sheriff, Holtby is fresh. About Eriksen, I don't think he made a bad start to the season, I think he played ok, good at times, nice and steady adaptation but Holtby just got a big bag of assists and MOTM most of the time. We was just in superb form but when that ends, hopefully Eriksen can step up and cement a first 11 place.

What about Sigi? We have too many players who are on the fringes and need to stamp their authority on a starting place by smashing it - performing out their skin - a la Townsend.

I wouldnt mind seeing Holtby, Lamella, Chadli, Erikson play on the left. I like Sigurðsson and he has contributed a few goals but he doesn't often stretch the play. With Rose playing, he didn't have to, but now we need a bit more on the left - goals or to pull the defense out of position and get in behind them.

Edit - not to mention Lennon who could mirror Townsend on the left.

Last edited:
Back