• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Emirates Marketing Project***

Still not sure how we get a point from this game. City absolutely battered us, not to mention the penalty decision and red card for Walker we got away with.

Sometimes you come up against a team who is bang on it, like we were against Chelsea 3 weeks ago. Obviously I was delighted we got something from a game that we had no business getting anything from given how City pulled our pants down, but the performance was disappointing. Our biggest weakness to overcome for me is our weak mentality, we just don't perform well when people start to talk us up as a top team. We were favourites to win on Saturday, even I was thinking before the game that I would not settle for a point.

I believe the title is beyond us, but if we are going to win it, I think we need Chelsea to implode big time or we literally win the title on the last day of the season having not been top for any of the games as I don't believe we would thrive being top of the league, even for 1 game.

Just saw chelseas fixtures and they have some tough away games to come

They have to go to Liverpool, stoke, united , West Ham and Everton from memory and still have City and arse to play at home

Thins can swing quickly as we have seen wth our elevation to second (all be it briefly) but we just need to win our gAmes and see what there do vs them cnuts

I had to record the game and watch today,

3 things
These are the games we really miss Lamela. He's the only one we have with that edge in midfield, the dark arts to break up play with niggles and fouls. De Bruyne and silva would not have had tge time on the ball they has yesterday with Lamela there.
2 the ref was awful, the standard really isn't getting better.
3 mcnammara is the worst pundit EVER.

I think we came up against a team who were bang on it and with a point to prove after getting pumped 4-0 the previous week. Not sure Lamela would have made much difference. If anything, he probably would have picked up a booking in the first half hour then would have been hauled off by Poch after 70 mins.

One more thing, can we please stop playing suicidal short goal kicks like it's a religion? We do it even when every defender is marked.
It's exasperating at times but what's the alternative? Lloris's upfield kicking is dire meaning all too often the ball is quickly recycled back towards our box.

It's a tactic that works best against teams that sit, the idea being to draw them out so we can then exploit the extra space created by swiftly launching an attack whilst they're out of position.

But it's less effective against teams like City that don't usually sit back and have the quality up front to exploit any slips by our defenders, as nearly happened yesterday when Dier got caught in possession around our box resulting in De Bruyne's shot going just wide of the post with Lloris stranded on his line.

But it is Poch's philosophy.

And a successful one of that. One result that does not go our way and all of a sudden the things we did to build up expectation is our detriment.

Seriously don't really get like this but fook right off with that brick

Have mixed feeling about this result. Glad we came back from 2 goals down to get a draw at ManCity. But really disappointed we lost 2 valuable points in the title race, especially with us now 9 points behind Chelsea. This was another poor away performance and we were very fortunate to even get the draw. Last season, only Leicester had a better away record than us. But this season, we have the worst away record among the top 6 teams. Annoyingly, even ManU in 6th place have a better away record than us ! We badly need to improve our away performances and results if we want to stay in the title race.

Credit to Alli and Son for getting the goals. Alli shows he is a big game player as he also scored the 2 goals that destroyed Chelsea. But wish he had helped us to find the winner. Son did really well to score our equalizer. But Son wasted a great chance to create our winning goal late in the match. He should have crossed to an unmarked Alli but lost the ball by dribbling too much. Kane assisted the goal for Son but was largely missing apart from that. Disappointing that Kane still has not scored from open play against any of the top 6 teams this season.

I think our midfield got outplayed by ManCity. Despite the hard work of Wanyama and Dembele, ManCity were fired up and controlled the midfield. But credit to Wanyama for playing as the make shift defender after Alderweireld got injured in the second half. Eriksen had a poor game and couldn't lift his game. But atleast he was involved in the build up to our second goal.

Our defence badly missed Vertonghen in this match. It is amazing how our defence is world class when Vertonghen and Alderweireld are playing together but suddenly becomes lower league level as soon as one of them not playing. This match again proves that Wimmer and Dier are simply too error prone to be reliable defenders. Never thought Lloris would make the blunders like that for both their goals. It was like watching Gomes all over again ! Hope he won't let the blunders affect him too much. Credit to Walker for assisting the goal for Alli.

We had won 6 consecutive league matches before this match. Had we beaten ManCity, it would be the first time since 1967 that we had won 7 league matches in a row. Too bad we couldn't make history. But hope we will get back our winning form in the coming matches.

Last edited:
Having finally watched the highlights a second time (I was rather drunk the first), I think we got outsmarted by Guardiola. He played a front 3 with pacey wingers attacking Dier and Wimmer. Sane (who I think was injured or suspended against Everton) is a very good player, and Sterling is rapid too -- add in Silva and De Bruyne playing them through and it's no surprise that we were all at sea. Most teams just don't have the quality to do that.

Very well done to Poch for spotting the problem and rectifying it quickly.

Having finally watched the highlights a second time (I was rather drunk the first), I think we got outsmarted by Guardiola. He played a front 3 with pacey wingers attacking Dier and Wimmer. Sane (who I think was injured or suspended against Everton) is a very good player, and Sterling is rapid too -- add in Silva and De Bruyne playing them through and it's no surprise that we were all at sea. Most teams just don't have the quality to do that.

Very well done to Poch for spotting the problem and rectifying it quickly.

How to take the negative and see the positive

Your 100% right. If they had set up like they had vs Everton it wound have been a comfortable win. The didn't!!! They completely gamble son overloading the front line and it worked as we just had no way out

Wen Poch changed the formation it made a big difference and we were much better in the second half. We changed systems three times in that game and salvaged a point away against arguably our hardest game left.... that's massive progress even if it didn't mean expectations before the game

The departure of Alderweireld, arguably the Premier League’s best defender this season, might have been catastrophic but somehow this worked out brilliantly for Tottenham – it forced Pochettino to introduce the midfielder Harry Winks, with Wanyama switched to centre-back alongside Dier. Spurs’ previous midfield partnership was now their centre-back partnership.
This can't of happened in too many matches!

City have an insanely talented squad. I think next season Guardiola could turn them into a side a level above the rest of the league.
Sane and Jesus look like unbelievable talents who will flourish in the league.

Guardiola looked to exploit the gaps behind our wing backs. Sane and Sterling ensured Rose and Walker couldn't really get out and then Silva and De Bruyne had a field day (both are such brilliant footballers). It could have been ok, but we lost most individual battles on the day, started to get caught in possession at the back, looking panicky and our frontline never really made the ball stick where we could have hurt them.

In hindsight I think Son's pace could have caused them a rethink from the off. A bit like against Arsenal where early on he roasted Mustafi and suddenly Arsenal looked uncomfortable. Fascinating tactical battle, with a lot of onus on wingplay from both sides. We were uncharacteristically pulled wide open by their tactics and the long ball through the middle caused us a lot of grief. I think a lot of planning went into that from Guardiola. He really is a fantastic coach.

Really looking forward to seeing City v Liverpool too. Some great games between the top 6 coming up.

Great report. Interesting that we were more clinical in this game, 2 goals from 2 shots on target, when earlier in the season we were having our own problems converting chances. In fact it was so bad it justified its own thread.

I think a lot of it comes down to confidence. Therefore City will improve and convert a higher proportion of chances so I am glad we don't have to play them again.

As an aside , out of our rival managers I am really starting to like the studied, purist approach of Guardiola.

City have an insanely talented squad. I think next season Guardiola could turn them into a side a level above the rest of the league.
Sane and Jesus look like unbelievable talents who will flourish in the league.

Guardiola looked to exploit the gaps behind our wing backs. Sane and Sterling ensured Rose and Walker couldn't really get out and then Silva and De Bruyne had a field day (both are such brilliant footballers). It could have been ok, but we lost most individual battles on the day, started to get caught in possession at the back, looking panicky and our frontline never really made the ball stick where we could have hurt them.

In hindsight I think Son's pace could have caused them a rethink from the off. A bit like against Arsenal where early on he roasted Mustafi and suddenly Arsenal looked uncomfortable. Fascinating tactical battle, with a lot of onus on wingplay from both sides. We were uncharacteristically pulled wide open by their tactics and the long ball through the middle caused us a lot of grief. I think a lot of planning went into that from Guardiola. He really is a fantastic coach.

Really looking forward to seeing City v Liverpool too. Some great games between the top 6 coming up.
He will only succeed if he sorts out their defending. Conceding 2 goals from 2 shots on target is a concern for them especially if they are having an off day in front of goal themselves.

It's exasperating at times but what's the alternative? Lloris's upfield kicking is dire meaning all too often the ball is quickly recycled back towards our box.

It's a tactic that works best against teams that sit, the idea being to draw them out so we can then exploit the extra space created by swiftly launching an attack whilst they're out of position.

But it's less effective against teams like City that don't usually sit back and have the quality up front to exploit any slips by our defenders, as nearly happened yesterday when Dier got caught in possession around our box resulting in De Bruyne's shot going just wide of the post with Lloris stranded on his line.

I'm all for using it as a tactic, just not for every single goal kick even when every defender has an attacker within 10 yards of him. I don't think I've ever seen such a top keeper have such useless distribution skills as Lloris does. It's the only real weakness in his game.

Back