• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

It wasn't small pockets mate, the fudging South stand sang "stand up if you hate Arsenal" and "are you watching Arsenal" repeatedly, and during play breaks (when City's keeper went down), yet never sang Ange's song, didn't sing for Vicario when he pulled off that stupid good save in first half ..

And when I called out the prick in front of me for cheering for City, his buddy and fudging Spurs season ticket holders wanted to give some flimflam excuse about "if I want Arsenal to win" ..
I’m in the middle of the south
It wasn’t many people
It echoes as we know but it was minority IMO
And we did cheer Vicario for his save… certainly where I was
No one I spoke to wanted us to lose…

Hmm, i'm seeing a lot of people call out the "fans mentality" after yesterday.
Was it the "fans mentality" that has led us to lose 5 out of 6 games recently?
Was it the "fans mentality" that led us to be 3-0 down by halftime against Arsenal?
Was it the "fans mentality" that led us to lose limply at a Chelsea team that had more injuries than one can count, ditto Saudi Sportswashing Machine who also had crazy injuries??

I think there are certainly things about the club that can be looked into but "fan mentality" given what we've had to endure for the last few decades should be way down that list...

Hmm, i'm seeing a lot of people call out the "fans mentality" after yesterday.
Was it the "fans mentality" that has led us to lose 5 out of 6 games recently?
Was it the "fans mentality" that led us to be 3-0 down by halftime against Arsenal?
Was it the "fans mentality" that led us to lose limply at a Chelsea team that had more injuries than one can count, ditto Saudi Sportswashing Machine who also had crazy injuries??

I think there are certainly things about the club that can be looked into but "fan mentality" given what we've had to endure for the last few decades should be way down that list...
I do think fans are an issue
I’ve said it loads
There is a toxicity in our fan base… but I haven’t been to other stadiums with other clubs fans to compare directly
However, last night was very unique. Almost a no win situation
I do feel that if we can create the cult like vibe you get a club like a pool we will do better. The actual view that we will win rather than we might win. Fans can drive that. Fans can start that
I made the comment the other week that we have an entitled fan base and people took umbrage with that but i can’t think of a better description
I regularly hear still we pay more than anyone as a reason for something too…

I’ve said it loads
There is a toxicity in our fan base… but I haven’t been to other stadiums with other clubs fans to compare directly
I do feel that if we can create the cult like vibe you get a club like a pool we will do better. The actual view that we will win rather than we might win. Fans can drive that. Fans can start that
I made the comment the other week that we have an entitled fan base and people took umbrage with that but i can’t think of a better description

Fans absolutely can help a team over the line. However, there comes a time when that support can only go so far and the people who are more directly involved with success have to do their bit to achieve that and then it becomes a symbiotic relationship a la Liverpool as you say.
The scars amongst Spurs fans can run deep and that's not come out of nowhere....

However, yesterdays' situation was unique. If we are honest, it shouldn't have been so crucial in terms of us getting top 4: if we'd not been so poor in various games since March we could have afforded to be absolutely humiliated and still have CL qualification in our hands on Sunday.

Fans are just that, fans, we can't on one hand say we have little say in how a football gets run/how football management is going generally and then at the same time get blamed for losing 5 out of 6 games when in pole position to finsih above a rival who had a much heavier/trickier workload than us...

I’ve said it loads
Not going to get into how toxic our fans are vs other fans, I have no idea.

But specific to last night, it was a very unique situation. And other teams fans feelings overall would have been no different - West Ham fans, Goon fans and Chelsea fans I've spoke to all said they would happily lose in the same situation was it us who stood to benefit. Man U fans weren't bothered about Arsenal winning whatsoever the other day.

For all teams fans there would doubtless be those who would want the team to win regardless but they would be in the minority in this odd scenario, and the notion that this is some sort of special case of Spurs fan mentality and a reason behind our lack of success is ridiculous.....

Very good game by us yesterday, no shame in the result.

The performance was much better and would give people far less gripes than many of ours since mid-March, since which we've lost just about every game against any team that wasn't in relegation trouble.

No shame in our game. Great game overall by our defence and quite decent overall from the rest. Just little cutting edge, which vs City is no disgrace. Hopefully we don't go and do what you know we can do vs Sheffield Unit and we secure 5th and EL, which at the moment feels slightly deflating (given where we were in March) but is overall a very good start to his time at the club by Ange

I thought it very soft
It baffles me why they didn't show more angles - it certainly didn't look clear cut from the second angle, yet the VAR refs quickly decided it was a pen. They might be right, but not giving viewers the full picture I presume VAR had, just fuels speculation and onspiracy theories.

That writer is a clown shoe.
I might be wrong but I believe he’s the one at the beginning of the season who said Ange hadn’t coached anything and the team were only playing well off good vibes.

Very spiteful article. Surprised he was even allowed to submit it

It baffles me why they didn't show more angles - it certainly didn't look clear cut from the second angle, yet the VAR refs quickly decided it was a pen. They might be right, but not giving viewers the full picture I presume VAR had, just fuels speculation and onspiracy theories.

Ref gave it straight away, so VAR can only get involved if they consider it and clear and obvious mistake, or if there was violent conduct to address.

I might be wrong but I believe he’s the one at the beginning of the season who said Ange hadn’t coached anything and the team were only playing well off good vibes.

Gooner journo who is always keen to stick the boot in, I'm amazed too that the Guardian allowed him free reign to spaff his anger through their institution.

He is that guy but he also said afterwards he meant that in jest

Personally I think he so so bad he should be working for sky

What we saw yesterday was well motivated team going toe to toe with the best team on the planet and being unlucky in a few decisions we made
That’s credit to the players and the manager

What you also saw was that as a game, for the fans, it was an odd spectacle that meant for many there was two ways of winning but neither was a real success

I have said for years any time city win the league it’s not real and I’m fine with that.

Similarly if we don’t win… I’m fine with city cleaning up

The knock on of Arsenal not winning the league will be interesting IMO. Said it before but they remind me of us under Poch.

What we saw yesterday was well motivated team going toe to toe with the best team on the planet and being unlucky in a few decisions we made

What you also saw was that as a game, for the fans, it was an odd spectacle that meant for many there was two ways of winning but neither was a real success

I have said for years any time city win the league it’s not real and I’m fine with that.

The knock on of Arsenal not winning the league will be interesting IMO. Said it before but they remind me of us under Poch.

I agree with a lot of that. Certainly it will be interesting if City win on Sunday how it affects Arsenal next season....from what we see of Liverpool and Klopp it takes a heavy mental toll to be so good in a season but still fall short by a couple of points. I worry their board will back Arteta more than Poch when he got us punching in a similar way (yes i know we had a stadium build but sometimes it's easier to take risk when you are in a very good position, but i digress)

The worry i would have is that if City get found guilty and are stripped of their titles, Arsenal potentially get two by default....

Hopefully we don’t get a horrible surprise on Sunday!
If not, their trajectory is still upwards and assuming they strengthen in the summer they look in a pretty good position to win it next year given that some of City’s key players must be getting a bit jaded by now. But I’d say if they don’t finish the job next season they could be in trouble.

Hopefully we don’t get a horrible surprise on Sunday!
If not, their trajectory is still upwards and assuming they strengthen in the summer they look in a pretty good position to win it next year given that some of City’s key players must be getting a bit jaded by now. But I’d say if they don’t finish the job next season they could be in trouble.
Why is it upwards?

I agree with a lot of that. Certainly it will be interesting if City win on Sunday how it affects Arsenal next season....from what we see of Liverpool and Klopp it takes a heavy mental toll to be so good in a season but still fall short by a couple of points. I worry their board will back Arteta more than Poch when he got us punching in a similar way (yes i know we had a stadium build but sometimes it's easier to take risk when you are in a very good position, but i digress)

The worry i would have is that if City get found guilty and are stripped of their titles, Arsenal potentially get two by default....
Arsenal will back Arteta but city won’t have as poor a season by their standards again
They have dropped by 10% compared to their norm

I'll get slated for it, but Arsenal not winning the league this time really needs to be questioned, and for all the brick Spurs takes, is Arsenal's "success" just competing with City but never really winning anything?

City will improve again, make a couple of buys, probably walk the league. Think the next vulnerable point for them is when Pep walks (not too long?). Liverpool will be a big question mark, United have way too much work to do, Chelsea will be better but still not quite.

Back