• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Dinamo Zagreb ***

Think this is a tricky one, a higher level than our usual Europa opponents so can’t under estimate them, but one eye on the derby at the weekend. A defeat would be a set back to our momentum but I’m not sure we have the depth to be able to rotate too much. Hojbjerg for winks or Sissoko is always a drop, if we play davies and Doherty then we need the best attacking players available to subsidise the lack of pace and attacking width.
Although it’s the Goons, I still think we will see something close to our best team as the Europa will be seen as the more likely and more fulfilling route to CL.

I agree, a lot of fans seem to think we will not make the top four and will probably not beat City in the LC, so if neither of them happen our best chance of making it back into the CL next season is to win the Europa. Of course it will nor be easy but IMO we should prioritise to nights game and make sure we end up with a good win. Let Sunday take care of its self.

Where - Tottenham stadium
When - TOMORROW
Time - 8pm

Ok, you lazy trolls, we have a game tomorrow, and you're all too busy crying over Piers Morgan leaving your morning tv screens.

Any how Big game at the weekend coming up so I would expect a few changes.

------------------lloris---------------------
Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies
------------Hojberg Winks--------------
-- Bergwijn -- Alli-- Lamela
----------------- Kane

Don't like the above team, but with an eye on Sunday and the opportunity to score a few away from home next week.
Tomorrow? I could have sworn it wss today.

I think it's safe to say Son, PEH, Toby, Lucas sit it out.

The rest is debatable, I suspect one of Bale/Kane will start, might be an interesting time to try out Kane/Vini?

I agree, a lot of fans seem to think we will not make the top four and will probably not beat City in the LC, so if neither of them happen our best chance of making it back into the CL next season is to win the Europa. Of course it will nor be easy but IMO we should prioritise to nights game and make sure we end up with a good win. Let Sunday take care of its self.
Yes and no need to massively overthink the Goons game as they have their own challenges with the team they put out for their away leg, which for their route to CL seems definitely the only option!
The only only one I’m really concerned about playing all 3 is Reggie, as not long back from injury, an all action player and I feel that we are noticeably weaker without him.

i wouldn't be surprised to see full strength or 90% close to it over all 3 games tbh
How many first choice players rotated out would be a 90% full strength team?

We need to get very close to full strength against Arsenal. It's a big ask for that to be the 5th start in what, 15 days? Wasn't it something like that when Kane got injured last season?

Will trust Mourinho to make these decisions, but an injury or two to key players at this stage could seriously hurt our chances in all competitions.

If we progress in the EL tougher weeks will be coming. Do we just keep playing Kane, Son, Hojbjerg etc and cross our fingers?

Think this is a tricky one, a higher level than our usual Europa opponents so can’t under estimate them, but one eye on the derby at the weekend. A defeat would be a set back to our momentum but I’m not sure we have the depth to be able to rotate too much. Hojbjerg for winks or Sissoko is always a drop, if we play davies and Doherty then we need the best attacking players available to subsidise the lack of pace and attacking width.
Although it’s the Goons, I still think we will see something close to our best team as the Europa will be seen as the more likely and more fulfilling route to CL.
Quite a few of our squad options have been rather good in the EL games. Probably tonight will be tougher than some previous games, but in a functional team with a handful of first choice players they should be good enough to get the job done.

How many first choice players rotated out would be a 90% full strength team?

We need to get very close to full strength against Arsenal. It's a big ask for that to be the 5th start in what, 15 days? Wasn't it something like that when Kane got injured last season?

Will trust Mourinho to make these decisions, but an injury or two to key players at this stage could seriously hurt our chances in all competitions.

If we progress in the EL tougher weeks will be coming. Do we just keep playing Kane, Son, Hojbjerg etc and cross our fingers?

im no mathematician but i would say 1-2 players?

i think the Europa is a big priority this season and so i wouldn't be surprised if that's how it played out - i also wouldn't be surprised to see us rotate a bit more for the reasons everyone knows about regarding fitness.

i wouldn't be surprised to see full strength or 90% close to it over all 3 games tbh

Mourinho said earlier that there would be changes tonight. I'm guessing that Ndombele and Dele will more than likely come in, and the fact that Kane came off with 10 mins to go at the weekend, suggests to me that he'll start.

Dier will likely come in, and we tend to rotate the fullbacks reasonably regularly so that seems nailed on

Questions are who is the second CB, who partners TN in CM and which fowards play alongside Kane.

We have been in good form in Europe this season, largely due to almost all the teams we have faced have been poor. We have to be happy with playing Dinamo Zagreb in Round of 16 as they are not as strong as before. But we cannot get complacent as any team can trouble us if we don't play well. We have faced Dinamo Zagreb before in Europe when we beat them 4-0 at home in the UEFA Cup in 2009. We need to get another comfortable win at home to bring to the second leg away. We need Bale to continue to inspire us to get that much needed win. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Zagreb comfortably to bring to the second leg away.

I always think you should plan to win the game you're playing, leave the future where it belongs as we dont know what can happen to our players or our opponents.

Mourinho said earlier that there would be changes tonight. I'm guessing that Ndombele and Dele will more than likely come in, and the fact that Kane came off with 10 mins to go at the weekend, suggests to me that he'll start.

Dier will likely come in, and we tend to rotate the fullbacks reasonably regularly so that seems nailed on

Questions are who is the second CB, who partners TN in CM and which fowards play alongside Kane.

yeah seen a THFC tweet with a graphic showing Vinicius Lamela and Bergwijn - so you'd assume that's going to be the type of change team we're going to see.

I agree. I am expecting four or five changes. Given the number of games we have to play, the squads fitness needs to be managed. We can't just play the strongest side and hope for the best.

Everybody dance now!

Hope we can play our best available team. Won't mind if we start the same team that started against Palace but with Ndombele replacing Winks in midfield. We should not get complacent as we need to get a good result at home before we play Zagreb away in the second leg. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a comfortable win to bring to the second leg away.

I just suddenly thought "Joe Hart" and a cold shudder went up my back, and I tasted my dinner again at the back of my throat.

He won't, will he?

I'm unsure how we will approach this game - Zagreb will likely be a step up in quality vs what has come before in the competition and i think we will see a strong starting XI to reflect that, the doubt comes from the NLD being a few days later so will that impact our selection?

Lloris
Aurier Dier Sanchez Davies
Ndombele Sissoko
Bergwijn Dele Son
Kane

damn almost 11/11 there

Back