• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am on train on way home.

Wanted to beat the rush, the is a golden rule for you, dont leave early. I often do for night matches due to public transport.

Got to say is great we won even if i missed the goal. But GHod damn we looked out of ideas to me. My biggest issue was the bench, home to brighton and we had 3 defenders and a defensive midfielder(sparks i think is that) we should have had Parrott and Maghoma on the bench.

Anyway a win is a win.
Mahogany bench. Classy.

Another job done result

Honestly never seen a team concede that much of the pitch and offer so little threat. If it wasn't for the importance of the 3 points, that was as training ground as it gets.

Another job done result

Honestly never seen a team concede that much of the pitch and offer so little threat. If it wasn't for the importance of the 3 points, that was as training ground as it gets.

I live in the outskirts of brighton and have a few friends who are season ticket holders, but honestly I hope they go down playing football like that. If they stay up they have to get rid of hughton his football is dire.

Well job done 3 important points , Ref was pathetic should have booked Ryan in first half like Ref last night booked Heaton . The way Brighton set their stall out I will be glad to see them relegated. At least Cardiff are having a go that was just turgid.

We move on . 3 points out the pikey boys please COYS !!

There should be a chant for time-wasting goalkeepers, to make the ref realise what is going on

Something imaginative like

TIME WASTER
TIME WASTER
TIME WASTER
TIME WASTER
TIME WASTER
TIME WASTER

To the tune of 'Ski Sunday' or 'Orinoko Flow' or 'Love Your Money' or 'Waxies Dargle' or 'Territorial tinklings'

That’s one eclectic list of songs, my friend.

Hopefully we will appeal to the league to have the 3 points deducted as we were so poor and mindless and upset so many of our fans. I was more than pleased to get any sort of a win and the same result will suit me in all our remaining fixtures. How their centrebacks can be so praised for playing so well against a static lamppost is beyond belief, the positives I took from tonights performance was that the often aired theories that pace can beat 10 man defences and that Llorente can win headers were both discredited. [

In the same way that diving was clamped down upon, time wasting should be too. I can appreciate back to the walls defending, getting in last second blocks, clearances, and tackles as it’s an art of the game. Time wasting is NOT an art of the game. Especially not when done with such obvious regularity. FIFA and referees need to clamp down on it and punish serial offenders during matches. Adding time on is not enough as it’s extremely rare that sufficient time is added on AND adding extra time at the end does not help with the broken momentum that is caused by time wasting. Act now FIFA and get rid of time wasting.

As for our performance. Yes, it was laboured at times and devoid of creative spark BUT we took the three points thanks to the brilliance of Eriksen, and it was no less than we deserved. We were the only side trying to score and it was due to Brighton’s defensive quality and luck that we hadn’t scored earlier. When the result is reflected upon no one will care in which minute we scored; a goal in the 88th minute is worth the same as a goal in the 10th minute, but good to see that we kept at it and pushing for that goal.

Was anyone else reminded of the win at Crystal Palace last season by our match tonight. Hard fought and a late Eriksen goal to take the points...might have been two seasons ago. Anyway three points and now time to look forward to the weekend derby.

Massive result! We would have been under pressure on Saturday against West Ham had we drawn tonight. Now even a draw against Spam wouldn’t be a terrible result, as long as we avoid defeat. I think 6 more points should be enough tbh.

I don’t blame Brighton for playing the well they, I blame the ref for bottling it and not booking that slow coach keeper. Heaton was yellow carded 32 mins into the Chelsea game last night, if you card them in the 85th minute or not at all then what kind of feckin message does that send? Refs need to grow a pair and book players in the first half for time wasting.

Oh and massive goal from Eriksen. He’s had an up and down season but if he can find form again it could be the difference between us winning the CL and going out against Ajax or losing in the final.

I'm sure the tackle he made in our box got a massive cheer but it was risky, trying to undo a few mistakes with something rash like that isn't always the best idea.

What? Sprinting back to help out defenders that were failing to stop an attacker who was about to have a clear shot on goal? No I don't want my left back doing that either:rolleyes:...maybe he should just hold back and let it all unfold in front off him....Trippier style.

You'll be saying Kings tackle on Robben was risky next.

Great result. Really worried about having to play 4 games in 15 days. Will be interesting to see how we rotate the squad during this period.

I had to look up Zac Efron. Not entirely sure why you all know who he is. :p
giphy.gif

Back