• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford **

Hope you all have had a good Christmas/holiday. If for some reason it hasn't been good hope it's been at least tolerable.

Hope Spurs can do their thing and make it better for all of us no matter what our starting point is.

Expecting a somewhat disjointed performance. Some injuries, some still not quite ready after the world cup, some with a lengthy break. But we should have a lot of quality anyway.

Expecting big things from Kulusevski in the coming weeks. Looked excellent back from injury before the break, not that usual to get that kind of break when returning from injury. Should be in very good physical condition. Gimme gimme...

Dont expect much from this game, our first team is ok but with more than 3 or 4 changes we struggle. I'd be happy with a draw and the best way to approach the game is to go for it rather than let them get confident.

Dont expect much from this game, our first team is ok but with more than 3 or 4 changes we struggle. I'd be happy with a draw and the best way to approach the game is to go for it rather than let them get confident.

Yes, difficult to be too optimistic.

I think he has to play Kane and Dier despite the noises about ideally resting them - without Romero and Richie we dont have the depth to rest them.

The optimist in me would like to thinkthat the comments from Conte about spending 3-4 weeks working on conditioning and tactical shape should bear fruit but Brentford sill surely be better prepped given fewer players at the world cup

The Jan transfer window is critical for us IMO

I think there is enough in the squad to beat Brentford even without anyone who played in the latter stages of the WC.

You'd hope there has been a month of prep and scheme for this game, it should be the most thought out tactical plan in the history of the club.

From the line-ups in the friendlies, I think Doherty has played LWB some times. I can't see Perisic playing given the 3rd/4th play off was last weekend.

Also, without checking, I think he's gone for Sanchez on the right of the back 3 and Dier centrally when Romero has been out before, so I think we'll see:

Forster

Royal
Sanchez
Dier
Lenglet
Doherty

Bisouma
PEH

Kulu
Kane
Son

Seasons greetings everyone.

Not confident at all, it normally takes a while to get back into our stride after a break. I hope whatever team Conte picks is up for this because Brentford will be.

C. O. Y. S

That back line isn’t great at all.

Thats an FA cup back line away to Gillingham who are 1-0 down at half time.

That back line isn’t great at all.

Thats an FA cup back line away to Gillingham who are 1-0 down at half time.

Its the best we can muster apart from Romero who isn’t available.

Can only assume Tanganga has been a beast during the break to get the nod, hopefully he keeps that going today!

Pretty much as expected then?

Interesting that Tanganga gets the nod over Sanchez. May just be injury or illness or something, but may tell us something about January. Hopefully he been good during the World Cup break and takes his chance well.

Good to see Doherty in as well. Him and Kulusevski starting will hopefully give us a much better threat down that side than we've seen for much of this season.

Its the best we can muster apart from Romero who isn’t available.

Can only assume Tanganga has been a beast during the break to get the nod, hopefully he keeps that going today!

All they really have to do is stick Toney up against Japh and I can see us struggling.
Hopefully all the action is up at the other end. COYS!

Well pretty much the best team could put out all things considered.

All I can say is I hope that first eleven gets the job done, because that bench is not inspiring….

Spurs
    Fraser Forster
    Japhet Tanganga
    Clement Lenglet
    Eric Dier
    Matt Doherty
    Yves Bissouma
    Pierre Hojbjerg
    Ivan Perisic
    Dejan Kulusevski
    Harry Kane
    Heung-Min Son