• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford

For someone who loves Mourinho so much you don't seem to understand him all that well - this will be as strong a team as we can field.

same as with all top sides, you play weakened teams where you can in the early rounds and then when it gets to the business end of the tournaments and you have a chance to get a pot you start your strongest team.

I think Jose has said in the press conference its all guns blazing for this match. ('the most important match since hes been here')

Thats why it was such a gift to get Marine in the fa cup. To give all the main players a 8 day gap after Brentford, considering the relentless holiday fixtures and baring in mind what a congested timetable it is, is a bit of a gift.

I'd go with Aurier and leave Tanganga for Marine. At the weekend something like Tanganga-Sanchez-Rodon-Davies should work

Doherty will be back for Marine. I'd be happy with Aurier, I just wonder whether there is a reason why he didn't make the bench on Saturday

Will be interesting to watch Brentford's Josh Dasilva in this game. He is a player that I think has the potential to play PL football and could provide Hojbjerg cover or even play alongside him. He seems to have his head screwed on as well as he was prepared to refuse Arsenal's contract offer at 18 and instead go to Brentford to ensure that he could get the right opportunity to play and improve.

Am I the only person who doesn’t think this game will happen now?

Its a fair point. Only question is when the lockdown takes effect. Might be tomorrow nigh or Wed night, in which case the game would presumably still happen

The precedent from the March lockdown suggest football would be cancelled again if it was replicated. Perhaps a c.4 week break and then re-start in Feb?

Its a fair point. Only question is when the lockdown takes effect. Might be tomorrow nigh or Wed night, in which case the game would presumably still happen

The precedent from the March lockdown suggest football would be cancelled again if it was replicated. Perhaps a c.4 week break and then re-start in Feb?
It will be from midnight tonight I believe

MPs are being recalled on Wed to debate it (not sure whether a vote is needed) - therefore it might not be immediate

Would be nice to play it so that we have one fewer game in the congested period after the restart

But they might still wait for the debate. A lot of our restrictions or lockdowns haven't been immediate. Some have, some haven't been

They might delay implementation for a few days but I don't think that will be for parliamentary scrutiny.

I suspect that PL football will be excluded and decisions to postpone games or call a halt will be deferred to the PL/FA.

That would make sense. I also think they'll carry on unless player cases rise dramatically.

Fingers crossed.

That would make sense. I also think they'll carry on unless player cases rise dramatically.

Fingers crossed.

The FA Cup could prove tricky this weekend. There will be a lot of PL teams playing on grounds that you can't easily socially distance in.

Will be interesting to watch Brentford's Josh Dasilva in this game. He is a player that I think has the potential to play PL football and could provide Hojbjerg cover or even play alongside him. He seems to have his head screwed on as well as he was prepared to refuse Arsenal's contract offer at 18 and instead go to Brentford to ensure that he could get the right opportunity to play and improve.
Is that the kid who played in chelseas academy?

The FA Cup could prove tricky this weekend. There will be a lot of PL teams playing on grounds that you can't easily socially distance in.

Do they need to socially distance if tested ahead of the game? Not sure what the rules are

Back