• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sept***

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

I'm looking forward to seeing Kane. There something of the Gilzean about him.

He might surprise a few on here.

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

Friedel

Walker, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Fryers

Sandro, Paulinho, Holtby

Lamela, Defoe, Kane​

Shocked by the strength of that team. Villa have a third string out. We might hammer them, but above all I have serious injuries/fatigue fears for some of those players before Saturday.

Walker, Vertonghen, Paulinho all played on Sunday. Verts didn't have too much to do. Glad to see Chadli back

Shocked by the strength of that team. Villa have a third string out. We might hammer them, but above all I have serious injuries/fatigue fears for some of those players before Saturday.

Verts, Sandro and Paulinho are the only players in that line-up that (GHod-forbid) if they got injured we'd be in trouble replacing. You can't play a complete second string away to Villa.

i thought AVB said no-one who played against Cardiff would feature in this game

anyway, we look strong enough to win

I am alright with all of the guys except Verts and Walker.
I can't see those two bombing forward much, though so unless the game turns into a war they should be OK.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kane. There something of the Gilzean about him.

He might surprise a few on here.

Gilzean....:ross:

what you mean Kane is World class...obviously you did not ever see Gilzean............[/QUOTE]

FYI, Friedel & Paulinho are the only two players who have participated in all 9 of our first team competitive squads this season.

Subs: Gomes (GK), Dawson, Naughton, Dembele, Townsend, Chadli, Soldado

Kaboul not in the squad at all - more to the cramp than meets the eye.

Guess Vertonghen or Dawson had to play since Kaboul doesn't seem to be healthy. A bit strange that Walker get the nod over Naughton tho. Paulinho and/or Dembele will always be there, we will never play without at least one of them and this time we really didn't have much alternatives.

Gilzean....:ross:

what you mean Kane is World class...obviously you did not ever see Gilzean............

That isn't what he's said at all. You can compare two players without them being EXACTLY alike.

I'm sure if you ask the players whether they'd prefer to put in a week training or play a meaningful game, they'd opt for the latter. AVB must have taken stock of everyone's condition after Cardiff before committing them to this game. We're nothing if not ambitious.

Thanks man!

Very welcome. Unless I can't grab a feed at your expense...

Ahhh, no worries, now. I'm In Like Flint. Questionable privilige, mind, since it's Alan Shearer nattering away about his career.

Last edited:

i thought AVB said no-one who played against Cardiff would feature in this game

anyway, we look strong enough to win

im still surprised people take AVBs, or managers in general, word as gospel

great team. gonna be tough though

I'm really loving our depth here!

Shame we don't have a young prodige or that Gomes has had such a massive fall from grace. Don't get me wrong, I respect Brad hugely but how long can it go on?

Kane to play the same role as Cardiff? Hope he continues where he left off.

I take it Benteke is out?

COYS

I don't think much longer.
Brad has looked sluggish and slow to clear his lines.
As you mentioned ,we really need a younger keeper who is quick off his line (if we are to continue playing a high line) or possibly re-instate Gomes for at least one of the cup competitions.

I think I have a Romanian river, perhaps it's the Danube flowing past Calafat but does anyone know of one flowing closer to the Thames?

Back