• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

yeah sure. its a team thing. But they are all failing. and the sad part is VDV and Romero are excellent CB's generally. But it looks like our defence is a shambles at set pieces. its just all wrong.
VDV is woeful in the air
He was bad in Germany

I was thinking exactly the same thing during and after the game , he was like a man possessed , the only player winning headers. Playing up front at the end , driving us on. Richy when he came on as well. There's not enough winners or whatever you want to call it in the team.
Will to win, win at all costs, desire, hunger. Comes in many forms but we have too many players who are timid, two of them are also co-captains at the moment.

Our crossing is catching practice for Raya. But he actually comes out to catch them
he's been told to anticipate it because we don't shoot anymore. we're too predictable and therefore easy to defend against.
maybe for ange, he needs to understand that PL teams are better resourced and are not as gullible as those in the Scottish league.

Will to win, win at all costs, desire, hunger. Comes in many forms but we have too many players who are timid, two of them are also co-captains at the moment.
we are as weak as you know what....when was the last time we had a real leader in the team?
Graham Roberts comes to mind... and Gaza to some extent!

I have been thinking about this as well
the shot when hit shows that VDV is a few mm offside. But it hits a scum player rebound of him onto another scum player and then into the path of VDV who finishes.

TBH im confused by it as well. I assume they are saying he is interfering as the defender had to react?? but that does not work for me. So Im confused by it as well. Maybe VDV blocking the keeper but it never gets to him.

I honestly think its a good goal.

the shot when hit shows that VDV is a few mm offside. But it hits a scum player rebound of him onto another scum player and then into the path of VDV who finishes.

TBH im confused by it as well. I assume they are saying he is interfering as the defender had to react?? but that does not work for me. So Im confused by it as well. Maybe VDV blocking the keeper but it never gets to him.

I honestly think its a good goal.
Yeah I'm confused too. I guess I just don't know the rules anymore , does anyone ?

Something about the Arsenal player not deliberately playing the ball meaning it stayed in the same phase of play as the shot where he was offside
So you can purposely push up to get in front of and play an attacker offside but if you connect with the ball by doing so that's not deliberate? Hmmm...

Just to repeat the question, has any TV coverage considered who had the last touch before VDV's disallowed goal yet?

They did on whatever stream I was watching at half time.

Both Sherwood and Ian Wright said it was on because of that deliberate touch.

The guest ref (Elleray??) said it was off / some semantic BS about it was only a deliberate block, not a deliberate attempt to pass the ball or something.

I'm fine with the offside goal. VDV is offside when Porro shoots, and it just ricochets to him off someone. It's not passed to him from an Arsenal player.

The real bugger is the pen we should have had. It's so clear it's not even debatable. Instead, 10 seconds later it's 2-0.
Thats the real game changer.

If you subtract all Arsenal’s goals, they have virtually 0 xG.....

What a stupid comment.

No it's not a stupid comment, your comparison certainly is though.

A penalty gives you an Xg close to 1, so a game total of 2.whatever including the penalty doesn't tell the whole pitcture and greatly inflates the picture of the quality of chances created.

Back