• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

The team took after the manager

When you look at Conte's Italian team or the Chelsea one, the Spurs lot are the exception. Like Ange of late, I don't think the manager is asking them to play like a bunch of knob heads who haven't met each other before in the 1st half.

It'll be interesting to see which way he (Antonio) goes in his next job. Utd could be hilarious or could actually make them a bit scary again. I appreciate there'll always be ill will for him essentially laying in to the club and how we operate, it was never a match made in heaven but that dude tried as best as he could within unfamiliar confines and it unsurprisingly pushed him over the edge. Conte is outspoken and has a clear view of what success looks like at the top level, whereas this club and fan base is largely delighted to be in the mix for the CL, perhaps that's all we can reasonably hope for during the City era of dominance. Conte managed that even with the Nuno clusterfudge that started the season, I get the feeling many would rather sweep that achievement under the carpet.

As for Sunday, I'd love to just be able to focus on the performance but some points would be really handy. There's been loads of positives but if we slip down to lower than 5th/6th it'll take a bit of shine off the season.

When you look at Conte's Italian team or the Chelsea one, the Spurs lot are the exception. Like Ange of late, I don't think the manager is asking them to play like a bunch of knob heads who haven't met each other before in the 1st half.

It'll be interesting to see which way he (Antonio) goes in his next job. Utd could be hilarious or could actually make them a bit scary again. I appreciate there'll always be ill will for him essentially laying in to the club and how we operate, it was never a match made in heaven but that dude tried as best as he could within unfamiliar confines and it unsurprisingly pushed him over the edge. Conte is outspoken and has a clear view of what success looks like at the top level, whereas this club and fan base is largely delighted to be in the mix for the CL, perhaps that's all we can reasonably hope for during the City era of dominance. Conte managed that even with the Nuno clusterfudge that started the season, I get the feeling many would rather sweep that achievement under the carpet.

As for Sunday, I'd love to just be able to focus on the performance but some points would be really handy. There's been loads of positives but if we slip down to lower than 5th/6th it'll take a bit of shine off the season.
Conte’s first 6 months were excellent really, but it’s difficult to dress up what came after that as anything but a disaster.

I meant in attitude
When conte wanted to be here… the players also showed that commitment and vigour
When it was clear he didn’t want to be… that was also see with the players IMO

I had a dream last night we beat them 7-1, but I never got to see the game because I was roaming around unknown parts of London desperately looking for an underground station, while feeling quite woozy. I remember crawling under a very low portal and encountering prostitutes. The surroundings were distinctively victorian.

I have no idea if this is a sign and what it might signify. :flushed:
Well ,we did win the FA cup at the end of the Victorian era...they don,t call me Sigmund for nothing...

Conte’s first 6 months were excellent really, but it’s difficult to dress up what came after that as anything but a disaster.
4th to 8th is probably around par for the course rather than a disaster for us imo. Plenty of turgid performances but it became disastrous once he left ie actually disgraceful performances under Stielini / Mason rather than just being not pleasing on the eye letting results slip. We were still in 4th albeit with games in hand when Conte left / was pushed, that isn't exactly a dumpster fire for that stage of the season.

Poch in 9th place with the money spent at Chelsea is much more of disaster but it's swings and roundabouts.

Probably not the place to get in to it however I did choose to comment! As I've been consistently saying, I'm positive about where we are and who is in charge, not sure I think we're really going to break the glass ceiling but it's nice to be optimistic about it, even if it doesn't match Conte's 1st league finish with us. I certainly hope we can better his 2nd one though!

The Arse absolutely dominated and dismantled Cheatski the other night. Very impressive style of short passes and neat triangles and breaking lines, it was absolutely sickening to watch, and as usual every shot goes flying in. I would absolutely love to stop them in their tracks, but I am sure we won't, based on our last 10 games being very patchy. I will try not to get too wound up and explode.

We've had several breaks like that this season, and we haven't looked good coming out of them. Quite the opposite! We've looked really unprepared.

Hopefully the team don’t come back from this fortnight off and play like they’ve just returned from their summer holidays, as has felt like the case when we’ve had more than a few days off this season.

Hopefully the team don’t come back from this fortnight off and play like they’ve just returned from their summer holidays, as has felt like the case when we’ve had more than a few days off this season.
This.
I want to see us play from the off and keep going until the end of the game.
If we lose having done that and they were just better, that would be easier to handle.
NOT turning up like we have done in the past and handing them victory would tinkle me right off.
Think if we are to have any chance all the 'off-form' players need to up their game and someone (perhaps Sarr?) needs to stick to Odegaard and stop him playing, he is the key to the way they play.
Fearing the worst, would take a draw if offered.
Having said all that, I won't be watching.

It’s not gonna happen like that
They will start super fast like they always do
We just need to manage those twenty minutes and their adrenaline will run out. That’s when we have to impose outself and play our passing game

Ange won't give a brick about denying Arsenal the league. We will be open as anything. Not having a go at him but might prefer Conte or Mourinho for this one.
You would prefer sitting deep and waiting for the inevitable to happen rather than giving it a go and the inevitable possibly happening?

Reactions: jrh
Back