• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

I never claimed that well spoken trumps well done, did I? That's what you suggested. Sorry if I misunderstood you
You have misunderstood. The comment was directed to what Ange said. He speaks well, now let's see if he can walk the walk, not only talk the talk. Thought that was fairly obvious. Shown it to a lot of people (who like me, English ain't their first language) and all of them interpret it like I intended it.
Maybe that's because it's kind of a famous quote here in Norway, from the coach of world champion Karsten Warholm

We were by far the better team in that game, they mugged us for a point.

We’ve not played at that level this side of Christmas though.
Teams know how we will approach games now.

They just need to win the ball and play it wide quickly, with the two starting full backs a doubt/injured it might be worth having at least one stay at home more.

Does Villa coughing up 2 points late make us more fired up to get a result tomorrow or does it make no difference at all? I think it may have deflated the team a bit had they won and gone 9 points clear of us so it can only be a good thing right? Even if we don’t win, just don’t lose and let’s hope we give them a kicking and who knows they might finally get an injury. Swear they must wear invisible body armour or something judging by how lucky they’re been with injuries compared to the other top teams.

Today’s weather is matching my mood for this game. It’s like some weird self flagellation watching the NLD.
Ah well, COYS!

Reactions: jrh
We are losing this one, can't see us doing anything . Ange is being found out and it's worrying ... I hope Aussie Ardilles has something more to offer and pull off a shock.

We are losing this one, can't see us doing anything . Ange is being found out and it's worrying ... I hope Aussie Ardilles has something more to offer and pull off a shock.
Nah, Ange has got this! Going to meander my way up to the Beehive, meet my mate. Few beers.
Do the Goons, facking ‘ave it! COYS!!!
Oh, and must remember to buy my half and half scarf!

I really don’t enjoy these games. Far too stressful. Three things scare me today:

1. We let Odegaard run the show — I’d be happy to see PEH or Bentancur do a bit of a man-marking job on him
2. Defensive set pieces — hopefully they’ve worked on them in the last two weeks, but please avoid giving away corners where possible
3. Romero trying to prove a point to Jesus or Martinelli

If you’re lucky enough to be going today, sing your fudging heart out for the team. The pressure is all on Arsenal. Anything but a win for them and their title chances are hanging but a slim thread.

Normally I’m not a ‘win at all costs’ person, but today is different. Do whatever the fudge you need to do. Make the most of every bit of contact, step on toes, stand up to them. This is a very different arsenal team to the one that absolutely crumbled at the Lane 2 seasons ago, but they still don’t like it when questions are asked of them.

COME ON YOU fudging SPURS!

Last edited:
I can't beat that, but will be bringing my record at the new stadium of played 4, won 4, for 9 and against 0, to this weekend's fixture.
First NLD for my sons and first for me since ? 1991 semi final? I came to the States in 1992 and even though I have probably been to 20 odd games since, I don’t think it has been vs the South Londoners. Strangely I have seen multiple games against Chelsea and W. Ham.

Hoping that we turn up and give it a real go. Going in as underdogs but we are closer to them than at low spots in the past. As recent games have shown, when we are on it, we are a match for any team. When we are not …. not so much. Type of game that need Madison to show he is a big game player.

COYS

Just on the train to Tottenham Hale with my lad after an early morning passport panic (note to self, get your stuff ready the night before). Travelling more in hope than expectation. I think they'll do us because we're too open and they look very good. Really hope I'm proven wrong. The only consolation I have is that when I'm this myopic about a prediction, I'm frequently wrong.

COYS

Just on the train to Tottenham Hale with my lad after an early morning passport panic (note to self, get your stuff ready the night before). Travelling more in hope than expectation. I think they'll do us because we're too open and they look very good. Really hope I'm proven wrong. The only consolation I have is that when I'm this myopic about a prediction, I'm frequently wrong.

COYS

I don't think you still need a passport to get let north of the river these days. They let any of us Wealden cretins cross freely now.

Back