• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Spurs vs Southampton

It is really a great feeling to win again and move into 4th place in the process ! This was a badly-needed win. After losing for the first time in 15 matches against Saudi Sportswashing Machine last week, was worried it might cause us go on a winless run. Afterall, we were winless in 3 and only won 1 in 5 before this. But fortunately, we managed to win this match which also helped us overtake ManU into the 4th place. It was not really a convincing performance but we took our chances well to score both the goals. Hopefully this win will spur us to go on a winning run.

Credit to Kane and Alli for scoring the goals. I think Kane badly needed to score after going without a goal in 3 matches. And it was a well-taken goal as he dribbled past 2 players and managed to beat the goalie in a one-on-one situation to score. It is great to see Kane scoring that as he has wasted many of those one-on-one situation with the goalies this season. But it is a bit disappointing that we only win matches when Kane scores in the league which has been proven yet again. Well done to Alli too for assisting the goal for Kane and scoring another himself. Alli took that goal well even if the goalie could have done much better. But Alli should learn to control his temper as he got another unnecessary yellow card. Due credit to Lamela too as it was his workrate and determination which enabled him to pass to Alli for Kane's goal. But was really disappointed Lamela wasted that one-on-one chance with the goalie late in the second half. With the score at 2-0, he should have tried to score himself instead of passing to Carroll who wasted the chance. Afterall, Carroll scored from a similiar situation against Monaco. Lamela should really get selfish and try to score more goals in the league.

Well done to our midfield for having a good game. It really helped to have Dembele back in the midfield alongside Dier. Dembele's workrate and control helped our midfield to settle down. But thought Dembele didn't have his best game as he lost the ball a few times uncharacteristically. It was unusual as he normally have the ball glued to his boot all the time ! Thought Eriksen had a poor game again. Getting a bit worried about his form as he has been badly lacking the clinical touch in front of goal all season. He even wasted another freekick by shooting direct at the defensive wall again. Similiarly, both Son and Chadli seem to be badly out of form since their injury. Both didn't get much playing time but have been struggling to make any impact in recent matches.

It is great to see our defence keeping the clean sheet. Would have been really disappointed if we had conceded a goal even if we had won this match. It was very important for the defence to be alert all the time after the debacle against Saudi Sportswashing Machine last week. Really glad we did in this match. Full credit to Lloris for making 2 or 3 crucial saves especially late in the match. It is nice to know we have the 2nd best defensive record in the league now, behind Arsenal. Hope we can keep more clean sheets like these.

It is really sweet to move into the top 4 place in the league for the first time this season. Ofcourse, we got an early Christmas gift from Norwich who beat ManU away for the first time since 1989. Wish we had beaten ManU there earlier in the season. We could have been in top 2 or 3 comfortably now if we had not thrown away so many points this season. Hope this win will boost our confidence to go on a winning run now.

What were supposed to be our two most important signings this season Clinton and Son..account for nothing so far this season..injuries and now not scoring or contributing with the rest of the squad...
wasted signings?
To keep us in the top four and a very long shot for the Title we need
another defensive skilful midfield player, don't ask me where from, though!
I don't have any knowledge of players abroad who could fill this gap!
This would strengthen the squad in the right place IMO.
Then we look for a striker.lol
I just feel that if Dembele gets injured we have no replacement in that position with his calibre...............

Too early to call out Clinton and Son. They are young and will take time to gel. Have faith. I am comfortable with the squad except the need for another physically dominating mobile striker. Easy to find one eh!

Cant ask for a better way to respond after last week.

Pleasing that the lads have knuckled down and turned out that win...that loss last week could be the kick up the bum we needed, we need to be more ruthless.

I've banged on about this before, but the Setanta coverage *seemed* worse than normal (I don't know if it's the same as the Sky feed?) for cutting to close up shots of players or the bench or the crowd whilst the game is going on.

I don't care if we're setting up for a goal kick, or a player is about to take a throw in, I want to see the pattern of play, the players getting organised. I don't want to see some no-mark on the bench. And every time the commentators mentioned a player a by name = immediate cut to close up shot of said player. fudge OFF.

Worst is when we miss action when they're showing the second or third replay of nothing of substance. We pretty much missed Son charging down their keeper and nearly scoring because of that.

Just show me the game. Don't try and "tell a story" or give me a narrative. I don't care if Hodgson's in the crowd (cue long, motion-sickness-inducing wobbly zoomed shot) or if some comedian in the crowd is dressed as Santa. Just show the action. All of it.

I've banged on about this before, but the Setanta coverage *seemed* worse than normal (I don't know if it's the same as the Sky feed?) for cutting to close up shots of players or the bench or the crowd whilst the game is going on.

I don't care if we're setting up for a goal kick, or a player is about to take a throw in, I want to see the pattern of play, the players getting organised. I don't want to see some no-mark on the bench. And every time the commentators mentioned a player a by name = immediate cut to close up shot of said player. fudge OFF.

Worst is when we miss action when they're showing the second or third replay of nothing of substance. We pretty much missed Son charging down their keeper and nearly scoring because of that.

Just show me the game. Don't try and "tell a story" or give me a narrative. I don't care if Hodgson's in the crowd (cue long, motion-sickness-inducing wobbly zoomed shot) or if some comedian in the crowd is dressed as Santa. Just show the action. All of it.

Couldn't agree more. It seems some producers are horrible at this. I saw the Sky coverage yesterday and thought it was fine, so it might be a Setanta thing.

Reminds me of the Audi cup where they were cutting into our games to show the Bayern bus. The bus ffs!

Number of times I find my self shouting at the screen, SHOW US THE FUDGING GAME YOU FUDGING PILLOCKS! :mad:

I'm glad it's not just me then.

I wondered if it might one of those things that has always happened, but when you notice it that's all you can focus on.

Do the directors even critique their own work? Are there focus groups for this sort of thing? Or are they so self-absorbed that they don't realise their output is self-serving and is actually to the detriment of the coverage?

I'm glad it's not just me then.

I wondered if it might one of those things that has always happened, but when you notice it that's all you can focus on.

Do the directors even critique their own work? Are there focus groups for this sort of thing? Or are they so self-absorbed that they don't realise their output is self-serving and is actually to the detriment of the coverage?
You guess the director must be saying parrot-fashion, come on lads, you gotta break up the show, find something else to talk about, they're all total macarons out there who need to be patronised.

Pillocks.

I didn't watch the first half (might try to catch it somewhere).

Overall seems like a fairly close fought game between two teams not fully in form where we edged it by taking our chances.

We looked solid enough in the second half, good to see. Until Lloris was tested to the limit towards the end we looked comfortable.

Great to get the win. Great to go 4th. Great weekend all around.

Do people still want to see a burnt out Kane and Eriksen (and Alli) toil yet again, or is it time for fresh legs?

-------------Lloris

Walker--Verts--Alder--Rose

--------Bentaleb---Dier

Dembele---Lamela---Son

-------------Njie

I think they could do with a proper fortnight 'winter break'. Like all the other top players in the continent get.

Their toiling and regression over the past few weeks has been painful to watch

So was Kane's toiling and regression evident again?

I think they could do with a proper fortnight 'winter break'. Like all the other top players in the continent get.

Their toiling and regression over the past few weeks has been painful to watch

Are you just going to keep on with this over and over until Poch actually rests them? We do not have anyone capable of replacing Kane as a striker. I'm not talking about players who can "do a job" btw, I mean a like for like centre forward who holds the ball up, brings others into play and scores goals.

Indeed. Glad to see Jenas highlight that fact on MOTD last night

Why doesn't he just tinkle off to another country?! Seriously, the guy refuses to wear a poppy but it's clearly cool with him to work and make a handsome living in this country despite still being angry at something that happened 40 years ago before he was even alive.

The two tackles are carbon copies. Even Pulis didn't defend him FFS! I bet Mark Hughes would have though.

Why doesn't he just tinkle off to another country?! Seriously, the guy refuses to wear a poppy but it's clearly cool with him to work and make a handsome living in this country despite still being angry at something that happened 40 years ago before he was even alive.

The two tackles are carbon copies. Even Pulis didn't defend him FFS! I bet Mark Hughes would have though.
Because poppies and tackles are related?? Mate you need to divorce politics from football.

I think the both tackles are really bad but lets not try and ship out nationalities based on tackles in football matches.

Back