• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

I feel the most positive I have felt after a Spurs game in fudging ages! To me, it really feels like a win. Despite dominating them for the most, and being a goal down, it was the bottle and belief that did me proud. You make your own luck, like Man U have over the years, with a never say die attitude
(and a little help from the ref.. in their case!!) Today we had belief, and we fudging did it, we mugged whiskey faced old tinkley pants off proper, in fergie time. Joking & insults aside, I hope that gives the lads the belief to never, ever, give up. Proud!

This!

I feel the most positive I have felt after a Spurs game in fudging ages! To me, it really feels like a win. Despite dominating them for the most, and being a goal down, it was the bottle and belief that did me proud. You make your own luck, like Man U have over the years, with a never say die attitude
(and a little help from the ref.. in their case!!) Today we had belief, and we fudging did it, we mugged whiskey faced old tinkley pants off proper, in fergie time. Joking & insults aside, I hope that gives the lads the belief to never, ever, give up. Proud!

This!

This! Again!

The conditions were truelly awful but we put in 100%

What is annoying is the focus on the pen rather than Evras fore arm smash into Lennon which would have been a second yellow at least prior to Pooney coming on

Massive credit to the team for not dropping their heads though in what was without doubt the worse conditions I've ever experienced at a game

Just got back from the game and we really played well, i can not remember the last time we actually made Utd look second best so so many periods in the game. I know we only drew but we really outplayed them.

Just read through this thread and cannot believe the negativity that runs through it. So, so ridiculous. The goal we conceded was cheap and poor defending undoubtedly but for 89 minutes of this game we absolutely dominated a team that are 5 points clear at the top and have swept aside other sides.

Fantastic performance from the lads and if Man U hadn't been such jammy fudgers we would've got all 3 points. COYS

The fact that Lennon is not an automatic pick for England, highlights why i don't bother watching England

I don't know if you watched £100k a week Theo struggle to grasp the offside rule for 90 minutes before our game, but it's a mystery to me how the majority of "neutrals" I speak to consider him to be the better right winger.

Good game, felt like a victory :)

I will say though that when they did bother to attack (on the ground), United's passing movement seemed more precise and quick than ours, and I think they *could've* carved us apart more than a few times if they actually decided to do more than sit back and crap themselves at the sight of Bale (preparation against Ronaldo perhaps) ... BUT here we again see the value of sheer grit and sparks of individual quality against difficult odds. We had to huff and puff our way to a scrappy goal because we don't really have that level of class and intelligence throughout the XI (atm) but the players are clearly giving it all for AVB, and that's really promising for an 'interim' season - clearly not all the parts are there, but the parts we have are trying their best to push us over the line and we're making the most of what we've got right now. BACK THIS MAN PLEASE.

A classy clever creator ala Cazorla/Mata/Silva/Willian (we won't get Willian/Moutinho, but I'm sure AVB has more than two midfielders he really REALLY wants), and a striker (doesn't have to be a Falcao, just a striker with good movement and better finishing than Defoe - surely there's someone out there for under 10m) would really take this team to the next level. We just need that edge of class and intelligence in the final third. I know we have serious financial constraints, but I hope that a little less hardball in terms of taking some losses on squad players (and not buying them in the first place just because they're cheapish....for example Dempsey + Sig + their wages could've contributed to Moutinho) could fund those one or two big players that AVB really believes he needs.

edit: also the atmosphere sounded incredible! It's probably the Big Game factor but it's good to hear the fans really getting behind AVB and the team at home too. I'm reminded of what The Secret Footballer said in his book about how players all know the differences in home crowds and how that genuinely affects performances and tactics - like, every team knows if you frustrate West Ham long enough the home crowd will turn on them. Considering the toughness of the top four race this year, I'm really hoping we see Fortress White Hart Lane to squeeze us those two or three pivotal points to carry us over the line :p

Last edited:
avbferg_zpsd7637454.jpg

I will say though that when they did bother to attack (on the ground), United's passing movement seemed more precise and quick than ours, and I think they *could've* carved us apart more than a few times if they actually decided to do more than sit back and crap themselves at the sight of Bale (preparation against Ronaldo perhaps) ... BUT here we again see the value of sheer grit and sparks of individual quality against difficult odds. We had to huff and puff our way to a scrappy goal because we don't really have that level of class and intelligence throughout the XI (atm) but the players are clearly giving it all for AVB, and that's really promising for an 'interim' season - clearly not all the parts are there, but the parts we have are trying their best to push us over the line and we're making the most of what we've got right now. BACK THIS MAN PLEASE.

A classy clever creator ala Cazorla/Mata/Silva/Willian (we won't get Willian/Moutinho, but I'm sure AVB has more than two midfielders he really REALLY wants), and a striker (doesn't have to be a Falcao, just a striker with good movement and better finishing than Defoe - surely there's someone out there for under 10m) would really take this team to the next level. We just need that edge of class and intelligence in the final third. I know we have serious financial constraints, but I hope that a little less hardball in terms of taking some losses on squad players (and not buying them in the first place just because they're cheapish....for example Dempsey + Sig + their wages could've contributed to Moutinho) could fund those one or two big players that AVB really believes he needs.

edit: also the atmosphere sounded incredible! It's probably the Big Game factor but it's good to hear the fans really getting behind AVB and the team at home too. I'm reminded of what The Secret Footballer said in his book about how players all know the differences in home crowds and how that genuinely affects performances and tactics - like, every team knows if you frustrate West Ham long enough the home crowd will turn on them. Considering the toughness of the top four race this year, I'm really hoping we see Fortress White Hart Lane to squeeze us those two or three pivotal points to carry us over the line :p

agreed with everything here........and like i said countless time in the past....these typesof situations really say what the board's objectives are. but personally i think AVB is levy's guy...if levy decides to give AVB money or not, AVB will be cool with that .

Motd not even mentioning Lennon once annoyed me lastnight but not surprised after all it was obviously the officials that cost Fergie's team the win rather than us battering them

potential names? and names who will come and fit in with the wage structure

Edit: Also the atmosphere sounded incredible! It's probably the Big Game factor but it's good to hear the fans really getting behind AVB and the team at home too. I'm reminded of what The Secret Footballer said in his book about how players all know the differences in home crowds and how that genuinely affects performances and tactics - like, every team knows if you frustrate West Ham long enough the home crowd will turn on them. Considering the toughness of the top four race this year, I'm really hoping we see Fortress White Hart Lane to squeeze us those two or three pivotal points to carry us over the line :p

Interesting post but totally disagree about D & S. Who was it that got the winner at OT and the last minute goal yesterday? Who was it who provided valuable assists in recent games?
I also think it's about time we start realising how good we are. I think if United had been more gung ho we could just have easily ripped them apart as them doing the same to us. Our recent results have been 3 goal victories against teams who haven't "parked the bus."
Fergie is no mug-and he nearly mugged us. We fully deserved "only a draw" as AVB said. But, as you say, more guile or something different is needed against such tactics and we could have walked away with nothing.
Pre-match Fergie also commented about how the crowd and the atmosphere at WHL has a bearing on games.

Last edited:
Interesting post but totally disagree about D & S. Who was it that got the winner at OT and the last minute goal yesterday? Who was it who provided valuable assists in recent games?
I also think it's about time we start realising how good we are. I think if United had been more gung ho we could just have easily ripped them apart as them doing the same to us. Our recent results have been 3 goal victories against teams who haven't "parked the bus."
Fergie is no mug-and he nearly mugged us. We fully deserved "only a draw" as AVB said. But, as you say, more guile or something different is needed against such tactics and we could have walked away with nothing.
Pre-match Fergie also commented about how the crowd and the atmosphere at WHL has a bearing on games.

any of those teams on man united or top 4 calibre?

if man united actualy played to win, i.e if they were chasing a lead for example, i'll tell you this...we will be backed in chasing channel running shadows all over the place. they know we arent as clinical or sharp in passing and movement or lane occupying as they are.

they played a game plan, got their goal and then tried to play it safe...the testament to us is that they couldnt keep the ball with our pressure , but they didnt really come out to get us i dont feel

did you see how easy it was for them to string 3 passes together and then come bearing down on our penalty area when they actually tried to break out?

we are good, no doubt....contrary to popular opinion AVB isnt doing wonders with a brick team...he is doing a good job with a good team. but lets not really kid ourselves and say that we are on uniteds level. the points and goal differentials say differently IMO....if man united and us go toe to toe ...pressing, movemnet ,passing and finishing ...pound for pound...then we will look like the lesser team....the results could be anyones guess but the better team will show its teeth more

any of those teams on man united or top 4 calibre?

if man united actualy played to win, i.e if they were chasing a lead for example, i'll tell you this...we will be backed in chasing channel running shadows all over the place. they know we arent as clinical or sharp in passing and movement or lane occupying as they are.

they played a game plan, got their goal and then tried to play it safe...the testament to us is that they couldnt keep the ball with our pressure , but they didnt really come out to get us i dont feel

did you see how easy it was for them to string 3 passes together and then come bearing down on our penalty area when they actually tried to break out?

we are good, no doubt....contrary to popular opinion AVB isnt doing wonders with a brick team...he is doing a good job with a good team. but lets not really kid ourselves and say that we are on uniteds level. the points and goal differentials say differently IMO....if man united and us go toe to toe ...pressing, movemnet ,passing and finishing ...pound for pound...then we will look like the lesser team....the results could be anyones guess but the better team will show its teeth more

You are just repeating what skyfarer said. I will also repeat that all teams fear us (including the table toppers) and with good reason. We are better than"good." We have only lost 1 in 14 since Arsenal and IMO the Everton loss was undeserved and freakish.

Back