• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Spurs vs Leipzig***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing you thought Mourinho might bring was improved defending. If anything we've got worse. Playing 5 at the back with 2 in the middle chasing 4-5 players, just didn't work.

Strange team selection from Mourinho who seems to shrink in the face of adversity. Miss Poch who wouldn't make excuses or let the side feel sorry for itself - which is what we looked tonight.

The sulky one.

Leipzig are a good, well drilled side did anyone really expect us to win over 2 legs? Side is a mess with players not putting in a shift and injuries galore. Summer transfer window and a settled side then I expect us to do well under Jose, if no sign of improvement and results continue to be poor come October/November then he'll probably get the chop.

I didn’t expect us to win but with just the single goal deficit I did think we had a good chance of salvaging the tie, yes.
What I certainly didn’t expect was such a lacklustre performance with Jose standing on the sidelines staring as if he had no idea what to do.

I didn’t expect us to win but with just the single goal deficit I did think we had a good chance of salvaging the tie, yes.
What I certainly didn’t expect was such a lacklustre performance with Jose standing on the sidelines staring as if he had no idea what to do.
Well we started well and on the front foot
Their first attack we let in a soft goal and it kills all momentum

Comms keep referring to this team making last years final and not making the quarters this season.

Let’s be honest. It’s the same team by name only.

Trippier
Rose
Verts
Sissoko
Kane
Son
Eriksen

70% of the outfield players that started the final playing no part.

Yep. A transitional season. Time to rebuild.

You're a one man negative spiral Deano.

We need to play an actual midfield; 3 or 4 actual midfielders that can control a game.

The likes of Moura and Lamela do absolutely nothing for us... even when they are involved they simply dribble into the nearest group of defenders. They have zero shots, zero brains.

That performance was fudging atrocious. Jose has built his reputation on getting players running through brick walls for him. There was no sign of that tonight. We went out with a whimper. We neither had the belief or the set up/tactics to make a game of it. If Jose isn't bringing belief or game management to the table, he's not worth it.

We've lost 4 from 5. We're playing an in form United next. Lose that and we are completely done. Then the media will be all over him particularly after the brick with Ndombele.

I'd still advocate giving him a summer and next season but lose many more and appointing him will look like a massive mistake. There's a lot of negativity around the club and he's caused a lot of it.

Based on tonight, only 3 or 4 looked like players we'd want to keep. The only shining light recently has been Dier and he'll be suspended soon. I fudging hate football right now.

What worries me is that i think we were trying our hardest...

For me the main problem is we have no midfield. Winks is nowhere near good enough - it’s just Lo Celso on his own.

We’re gonna struggle until this changes.

I don't think so, I saw a lot of laziness out there tonight, mental as much as physical, Hugo, Dier, Sessegnon, Winks, Toby, they all made half hearted actions that led to chances or didn't execute on plays that would have contributed to one for us.

MF is a problem I agree, Lo Celso needs help, I'm very down on Winks at the minute

Talent does nothing if not applied, thats why we are struggling.

That performance was fudging atrocious. Jose has built his reputation on getting players running through brick walls for him. There was no sign of that tonight. We went out with a whimper. We neither had the belief or the set up/tactics to make a game of it. If Jose isn't bringing belief or game management to the table, he's not worth it.

We've lost 4 from 5. We're playing an in form United next. Lose that and we are completely done. Then the media will be all over him particularly after the brick with Ndombele.

I'd still advocate giving him a summer and next season but lose many more and appointing him will look like a massive mistake. There's a lot of negativity around the club and he's caused a lot of it.

Based on tonight, only 3 or 4 looked like players we'd want to keep. The only shining light recently has been Dier and he'll be suspended soon. I fudging hate football right now.
Dele will get his ban this week too

Poch is intrinsically linked to that squad.. It was the end for him, his players, for all of it. Tonight's showing is an exclamation point on that ending.
Expect they weren't his players, and managers don't leave after one squad,especially when they have had a consistent run of achievement.

Well we started well and on the front foot
Their first attack we let in a soft goal and it kills all momentum
They scored with their first two on target, neither a particularly great chance, both very much possible to save.

What was already a tough challenge became close to impossible. We tried, but couldn't get that all important goal to swing the momentum. I don't see the point in being overly negative about it, tough as it is to take.

The one thing more than anything I want from our players is to stop making basic errors. Hoddle alluded to Lloris' positioning for the first 2 goals and he's absolutely right, a yard or two forward and he cuts the angle and saves them both. Same with Aurier not reading the flight of the ball and heading it on instead of out of play away from danger. Been a constant in all our games this season and is totally avoidable.

Back