• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs Bin Dippers ***

That performance last night came between me and a decent nights sleep. Dunno why I do this to myself.

The only thing I can think of is that the bust up just knocked everyone out of their stride. We didn’t come out for the second half at all. For two minutes, it was rabbit in the headlights stuff with players doing really stupid things. In one passage of play we had Dier hit a ball to absolutely no one while he was under no pressure, Doherty got rolled like he wasn’t there, Hugo made a meal of a very routine stop and TAA had the freedom of our pelanty area to score the rebound. That’s fudging shocking stuff. I can only think that the players’ heads were still in the dressing room.

It is all speculation but if there was a bust up, that’s a worry. It’s good to see players fired up and caring but if it comes to that and it has that effect, that’s a major problem and doesn’t reflect well on anyone.

If there was no bust up, it raises a lot of questions about Jose anyway. What the fudge did he say? What were his instructions because they turned us from hanging on to the Dippers’ coat tails to being well and truly bummed by them. And why on earth would you withdraw Aurier when Doherty was clearly the worst player on the pitch?

So many questions and most of the likely answers raise a massive amount of concern.

Just posted in the Aurier thread that apparently he left the stadium at half time.

You're right, it should be something for us all to look forward to.
But thinking of it now, against City, I can only fear the worst.
At least it's been pushed back in the season, things might look better by then.

No good can come from that game for me, we’ll either bottle it again and lose, or City will and it will be seen and celebrated as some kind of success for us, ignoring the utter pointlessness of that competition.

No good can come from that game for me, we’ll either bottle it again and lose, or City will and it will be seen and celebrated as some kind of success for us, ignoring the utter pointlessness of that competition.

A strange game, the Rumbelows. The only way to win is not to play. How about a nice game of tic-tac-toe?

Here's the blunt truth. In three BIG league games since he arrived, you know, ones where he's had a chance to get back into CL places AND put distance between us and those below us.
He's lost them all.

Hmmm. Sounds familiar. I wonder which other recent manager could have the same said about him?

Almost makes you think there may be a common denominator.

Lamela? Yes
Moura? Yes
Dele? Yes
Dier? Definitely
Alderweireld? Definitely (he struggled against Wycombe’s front line)
Davies? Possibly

With some of those that have been here a long time, perhaps they simply aren’t as good we think.

Take Son (who I love) - he is sensational on his day, but he often goes for long stretches without contributing anything at all, last night being the latest example.

Lamela and Moura aren't first team players
Dele has been cast aside. You can't blame the players he isn't using.

Davies has been fine, both before and after the change in managers.

Dier and Alderweireld - yeah, ok that's fair but funnily enough he gave them both new contracts, Pochettino knew the writing was on the wall for one of them at least.

We looked totally directionless yesterday in both defense and attack against a team bereft of confidence.

Doherty is the worst player I've seen in a Spurs shirt in a very long time! Hasn't played a single game were he was more than a 5. looks half hearted, can't tackle, can't pass, can't cross and doesn't look particularly good at heading either. But none of that matters, because he's so pedestrian slow, that by the time he could do any of the previous mentioned actions, the moment to do it is long gone! He's utterly useless!
What a waste of money!

I've not been impressed but I will always give a new player at least a season before I really judge them. At least we can say as a net positive we've gotten the best out of Aurier who seems to be relishing the challenge to his position.

All the evidence we have seen suggests there are very good reasons why he is not using them.

Ok?

I'll argue one isn't getting a chance to prove otherwise but regardless that's neither here nor there wrt to the initial point.

Edit: It could probably be argued all 3 have played a positive role in our progression through the cups so far this season anyway - it's the bread butter of the league, with the first XI, where Mourinho is being shown up, not with the second stringers against weaker opposition.

Last edited:
I said before the game that my one hope for it was that we didnt gift them goals so that if we got beaten, we were beaten by skill. Gifting them 3 goals is pretty poor even by our own standards
It’s our standard now
Score worldies
Conceded donkeys
It’s what differentiates us from teams in a bad way
Everton are playing exactly the same as us but there not making these defensive errors cumulatively (although Pickford cost them this week)

Look lets just be honest.

The only players that are good enough for success are;

Reguilon
PeH
Ndombele
Son
Kane

You cannot polish a turd. The other players are squad fillers, none of the rest could get into any title winning team.

I actually agree with this [emoji28]

With the caveat that I believe GLC is good enough as well (he showed this last season, everyone is just forgetting for some reason).

We then have some players who are good enough to do a job assuming the system and instructions are correct such as

Aurier
Bergwijn
Vinnie
Bale
Davies
Lloris
Toby

Players whose quality is tbc

Tanganga
Doherty
Rodon

After the ones mentioned above I think we could lose every other player and feel no real loss.

I think most sides outside of City and Liverpool would look similar if you broke them down?

Core group of genuine quality supplemented by another group that when on form are worth their place in the team.

If Mourinho needs wall to wall quality I've git news for you him...

Lamela? Yes
Moura? Yes
Dele? Yes
Dier? Definitely
Alderweireld? Definitely (he struggled against Wycombe’s front line)
Davies? Possibly

With some of those that have been here a long time, perhaps they simply aren’t as good we think.

Take Son (who I love) - he is sensational on his day, but he often goes for long stretches without contributing anything at all, last night being the latest example.

We can keep changing the manager, get a bounce for a couple of months, and perhaps then be back to square one with some of these players. There is no getting away from the fact that we conceded three goals last night which were all down to individual errors. In fact, that undersells it - they were down to absolute howlers.

I’m just about giving Mourinho the benefit of the doubt for now, but he is not being helped by the squad.

But in fairness he was shunted out of position for the second-half.

I actually agree with this [emoji28]

With the caveat that I believe GLC is good enough as well (he showed this last season, everyone is just forgetting for some reason).

We then have some players who are good enough to do a job assuming the system and instructions are correct such as

Aurier
Bergwijn
Vinnie
Bale
Davies
Lloris
Toby

Players whose quality is tbc

Tanganga
Doherty
Rodon

After the ones mentioned above I think we could lose every other player and feel no real loss.
Yep
Can’t really argue with it although Dele could be in that list if Jose actually fancied him
I’ll add that Toby may not be the man anymore. I mean him not playing yesterday has bumped up his level of performance again before forgetting he got battered by the mighty Wycombe

Back