• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT SPURS vs ANZHI ***

What? He was the standout player when he came on.

Fair enough, I didn't see it that way really as for me, the entire second-half seemed to be an exercise in experimentation and maintaining control of the game. I felt we could always have stepped up if necessary...maybe in a better side, but for me, a somewhat Kenwyne-esque/Bony type of forward who, ultimately, wouldn't be any better than what we have. Still, it'd be boring if we all agreed all the time eh...

in terms of movement, link up play Soldado IS twice the player.
in terms of playing against lower opposition and scoring goals, Defoe has shown he is better. (mainly because Soldado isnt playing yet has 2 in 1 when he has)

Defoe in the League - 0 goals in 45 minutes
Defoe in the Cups - 7 goals in 360 minutes (one goal every 51 minutes)

Soldado in the League - 2 goals in 508 minutes (one goal every 254 minutes)
Soldado in the Cups - 2 goals in 70 minutes (one goal every 35 minutes)

Fair enough, I didn't see it that way really as for me, the entire second-half seemed to be an exercise in experimentation and maintaining control of the game. I felt we could always have stepped up if necessary...maybe in a better side, but for me, a somewhat Kenwyne-esque/Bony type of forward who, ultimately, wouldn't be any better than what we have. Still, it'd be boring if we all agreed all the time eh...

LOL. ;) Agree with that :)

Defoe in the League - 0 goals in 45 minutes
Defoe in the Cups - 7 goals in 360 minutes (one goal every 51 minutes)

Soldado in the League - 2 goals in 508 minutes (one goal every 254 minutes)
Soldado in the Cups - 2 goals in 70 minutes (one goal every 35 minutes)

And I have a feeling the assist would not look good for Defoe compared to Soldado either...

Exactly, Defoe against weak opposition, plus surely no one can argue general team play Soldado is far superior. But whatever, AVB clearer thinks the same and that's all that matters.

Anyone know the odds on Defoe 1st scorer today? Had planned to put the bet on but got sidetracked with poxy work! Needless to say I'm a bit gutted.

I thought Defoe did fine today. He is not a link up player we've always known that we put him on to score goals if he can do that great as far as I'm concerned. We have a tonne of midfielders who should do the things defoe can't. We need him this season if we want to do well.

how old is he? how many game started? basing this on a handful of games?

shocking.

perspective please. Ta;)

I haven't written him off by any stretch, just expressed an early opinion...I was interested in the views of others. Now, rather than lie in wait to give your opinion of my opinion Affy :) owzabout an opinion on Fryers? I'm genuinely interested...

Back