• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT SPURS vs ANZHI ***

It's early to judge Lamela, i remembered newspapers calling bale a flop after the first 2-3 months, and then you know...

Yep, way too early.

I'd imagine we won't see him anywhere near his best and contributing regularly until the Spring.

No rush, got plenty in the squad, we as fans just need to be patient, not bow down to the 24 hour rolling sports news, phone-in, internet, instant-judgements that are the pre-req these days.

If you are not judging them on what they cost, why are you mentioning how much lamela cost?

Lol.

I'm not getting on his back, but for 30M I'd expect him to be able to trap a football and pass a ball 5 meters - he looked like a pub player in that first half.

I judge players on how they perform not how much they cost. Some fans still believe Rebrov wasn't a donkey when he clearly was.
He really wasn't.

Looking decent. Pitch is completely and utterly **** and hindering any type of passing game but we're making it work and finding a way to get a result.
This. The way the ball's rolling it looks like it's gone egg shaped, but we're still putting some nice moments together and look in total control.

I'm not getting on his back, but for 30M I'd expect him to be able to trap a football and pass a ball 5 meters - he looked like a pub player in that first half.

You quite clearly are judging him on how much he cost, so why try and say otherwise?

Bizarre.

do you think Chadli had a good half? I noticed him once, a weak finish that the keeper should have done better with.

if you disagree and think he's been playing well then fair enough. Perhaps you could put your point of view across, rather than a smiley.

But then again, probably not.

He's made 30 passes. How closely are you watching. He looks like Dembele from a distance maybe thats why you're not noticing him.

do you think Chadli had a good half? I noticed him once, a weak finish that the keeper should have done better with.

if you disagree and think he's been playing well then fair enough. Perhaps you could put your point of view across, rather than a smiley.

But then again, probably not.

It was just a funny run of posts, that's all.

Tbh he's been average-ish IMO, it's just the tenor of your posts that amused me.

Sorry about that, shan't mention it again.

:lol:

Yep, way too early.

I'd imagine we won't see him anywhere near his best and contributing regularly until the Spring.

No rush, got plenty in the squad, we as fans just need to be patient, not bow down to the 24 hour rolling sports news, phone-in, internet, instant-judgements that are the pre-req these days.

Uhm...we're actually winning everything so far and most importantly these ****ty matches that cost us in the past.. :D I'd say we re already on the right track.

He's made 30 passes. How closely are you watching. He looks like Dembele from a distance maybe thats why you're not noticing him.

OK, I'll re-phrase, I haven't seen him showing much in terms of a wide attacking player.

Or actually I'll just say I think he was underwhelming in the first half, as in every game ive seen him play in this season.

Yep, I think I'll say that.

Do you think he's having a good game then, or are you just trying to counter my posts?

A lot of Russian fans in the stadium who are against anzhi because of ethnic conflicts between Russians and dagestans. A lot of agressive chants, real tension, a real danger of fighting.

How many games do Holtby and Defoe need to be picked as a first 11 regulars ? I am not saying they are better than soldado or eriksen or whoever, but they are the most in form players, they do their job when playing in cups they assist/score, what more should they do? If a player gives 100% and have very good performances they should be picked, otherwise they will loose confidence and determination ...

no patience or perspective it seams

I agree. Pathetic. The boy has touch. Someone said he cannot control a ball, yet the pass he took at the far post on his chest was sublime. In a year's time some people will be embarrassed, and (I suspect) revising history with regards to strong opinions expressed.

I agree. Pathetic. The boy has touch. Someone said he cannot control a ball, yet the pass he took at the far post on his chest was sublime. In a year's time some people will be embarrassed, and (I suspect) revising history with regards to strong opinions expressed.

Doubt it. In a year when he's hopefully banging them in left right and centre and looking sublime, we wont be saying: "remember that bad half he had against Anzhi a year ago, that was average."

And if we are why would that be embarrassing?

They base this on 5 mins vs Cardiff, about the same vs Gooners and a game in the worst pitch ever.

as for whoever it was ****ging Lamela...if you cannot see the class this guy has, and cannot see that at 21 he is growing and learning all the time, then i suggest specsavers. on a pitch worse than my local dog park, he has displayed some excellent control...

Of course no one doubts his skill or potential. However he looks like he is lacking confidence at the moment, and he DID have a poor first half.

Back