• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Spurs v West Ham. Rumbelows Cup, Westfield Arena, Weds 19:45

I obviously want us to smash West Ham into pieces, but the team has to be selected with Wolves in mind.

Gazzaniga
Aurier, Foyth, Dier, Walker-Peters
Wanyama, Winks
Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele
Son

No Wheelchair to constantly fall over or Noble to clatter our players.

Id go with something like that. We have some returning players that need the minutes, and young players that need the opportunity - and other players that dont need 3 games in 6 days!

I obviously want us to smash West Ham into pieces, but the team has to be selected with Wolves in mind.

Gazzaniga
Wanyama, Winks
Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele
Son

That is not actually a bad team really

It is really stupid to have a Cup match just 2 days after playing in the league. Not sure how the players are expected to perform at their best so soon after playing another match. League Cup is still our only realistic chance to win a trophy this season. So, hope Pochettino will take this match seriously by playing our best available players. Don't want us rest too many players as West Ham will be fired up to get revenge for the league match defeat. After all, we lost 2-3 to West Ham at home in the League Cup Round 4 match last season despite leading 2-0. Let's hope we will do enough to get revenge for that defeat and progress to the next round.

Our main problem so far this season has been a consistent goal scorers. Our regular goal scorers like Kane, Eriksen, Alli and Son have not been at their best this season. Moura started the season in great goal scoring form but have not been in great form lately. Only Lamela seems to be in good goal scoring form but not sure if he will be ready to start this match after playing the full match against Emirates Marketing Project. Wish we can start Lamela in this match as others are struggling for form. Regardless of who starts, we need to make use of our goal scoring chances in this match.

We need to control the midfield to have any chance of winning this match. Can see Pochettino making some changes in midfield for this match. Wish we can have Wanyama back for this match. Maybe Wanyama can play with Dier or Winks in midfield. Sissoko did well against ManCity. So, want to see Sissoko play again in this match. Remember, Sissoko scored against West Ham in the League Cup match last season. Hope Sissoko will have another good match against West Ham.

Our defence have been been at their best this season. We did well to keep the clean sheet against West Ham when we beat them 1-0 in the league. It will help us greatly if we can keep another clean sheet in this match. Will prefer if we play Gazzaniga in goal. With Vertonghen still out injured, our options are limited in defence. Hope Alderweireld and Sanchez will have an error-free match to help us stop West Ham.

Performance is not really important in Cup matches as long as we win. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and do enough to beat West Ham and progress to the next round of the League Cup.

Vorm (With PSV in Mind)
Trippier, Sanchez, Foyth, Walker-Peters
Wanyama, Sissoko
Moura, Eriksen (Lamela 70), Dele (Son 70)
Son (Llorente (70)

Wolves

Lloris
Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Davies
Winks, Dier
Eriksen, Lamela, Son (Moura 70)
Kane

PSV

Vorm
Whoever has better game, Sanchez, Toby, Whoever has better game
Winks, Dier
Eriksen, Lamela, Dele
Kane

Everybody dance now!

Hope we will play a strong team against West Ham. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and go for another goal or two to win this match. We need to win this match in normal time as we don't have a good record in penalties despite beating Watford on penalties in Round 3. Let's hope we will put up a convincing performance and get a comfortable win to progress to the next round.

Can Nkoudou play? I thought we couldn't name him or Janssen in the squad this first half a season because we had too many overage non-HG players?

Can Nkoudou play? I thought we couldn't name him or Janssen in the squad this first half a season because we had too many overage non-HG players?

6.1 In all rounds of the Competition a player shall be a “registered player” of his Club, as defined in Rule 6.2 below.

6.2 A registered player is:

in the case of a Premier League Club, one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Competition match in accordance with the Premier League Rules, or would have been but for the operation of Premier League Rule U.1.1 (Squad List).

---

So Nkoudou could play as he's registered.

BTW, whilst looking this up I discovered Dele's 1st name is Bambidele. What a badass name lol

I’d sack this game off. Prem has to be priority.

So, I’d therefore go with all the weaker squad type players...

Llorente, GKN, Foyth, Lloris, for example

I see what you did there ;)

Think we should try to win this trophy. But would still like to see Foyth, if he can play for Argentina he can surely play in the Carabao Cup.

Gazzaniga
Wanyama, Winks
Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele
Son

I think this is very likely what we will see, although I wouldn't be surprised if either Toby or Sanchez were alongside Dier. I have no idea how Foyth is doing.
I hope KWP can do enough to get into contention for some PL games. Maybe we might see someone like Skipp coming on later, if we are in a position of comfort?

I am going to this one tonight. First away game in donkey's years. COYS!

6.1 In all rounds of the Competition a player shall be a “registered player” of his Club, as defined in Rule 6.2 below.

6.2 A registered player is:

in the case of a Premier League Club, one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Competition match in accordance with the Premier League Rules, or would have been but for the operation of Premier League Rule U.1.1 (Squad List).

---

So Nkoudou could play as he's registered.

BTW, whilst looking this up I discovered Dele's 1st name is Bambidele. What a badass name lol
Bambidele. He kept that quiet.

He was shocking last time we played them.
Still, like his attitude to his club.
Like Perryman with Spurs and Le Tis with Southampton.
6cb239acb71cf4d1b2e578ba89ad956b.jpg

Can WH actually field a team today? Looking at their injuries/suspensions they can't have much left;
Arnautovic, Lucas Perez, Obiang, Yarmolenko, Carlos Sanchez, Wheelchair, Carroll, Reid and Lanzini all out injured.
Is Noble suspended?

Gazzaniga
Wanyama, Winks
Eriksen, Dele, Son
Llorente

Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Skipp, Sissoko, Lamela, Kane

Dier has just been ruled out through injury, so Wanyama moved to central defence with Skipp coming into midfield. Lucas added to the bench.

Back