• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So if no GLC, then I'm guessing it'll be Sissoko and Winks in CM and then one of Lamela/Moura/Ndombele filling in the Dele shaped gap.

fudge sake. I thought a few weeks ago, "great first team fully fit, we get to see what Jose can do with the squad rather than patching a team together".

First Parrott, then Dele, then Tanganga. Now GLC.

We're bloody cursed. No football for 3 months and we still manage to have 3 of our most important players out for the first game back.

fudge sake. I thought a few weeks ago, "great first team fully fit, we get to see what Jose can do with the squad rather than patching a team together".

First Parrott, then Dele, then Tanganga. Now GLC.

We're bloody cursed. No football for 3 months and we still manage to have 3 of our most important players out for the first game back.

It is being reported that Foyth picked up a knee injury yesterday, to add to the list.
Edit - not a key player of course, but an injured player nonetheless that it might be useful to have on the bench given the extra subs we can now make.

Injuries will be part and parcel of this re-start. Arsenal picked up 2-3 last night and am sure other clubs have in training. The good thing is that
(i) GLC sounds like a knock at the moment,
(ii) Dele is only suspended for 1 game,
(iii) Parrott and Foyth would only make the bench as a result of now having more than 7 subs for these 9 games....apart from that they would have really struggled to make the bench let alone the team
(iv)....so really its only Tanganga who sounds like he might miss more than this 1 game and might have started

Injuries will be part and parcel of this re-start. Arsenal picked up 2-3 last night and am sure other clubs have in training. The good thing is that
(i) GLC sounds like a knock at the moment,
(ii) Dele is only suspended for 1 game,
(iii) Parrott and Foyth would only make the bench as a result of now having more than 7 subs for these 9 games....apart from that they would have really struggled to make the bench let alone the team
(iv)....so really its only Tanganga who sounds like he might miss more than this 1 game and might have started
Arsenal picked theirs up due to stupid travel arrangements
Flying up there at 5pm.... bonkers
I hope united do the same coming south on Friday

Glad to hear Jose mentioning how N'dombele has been committed + more integrated since the return. I wonder if due to Alli and Lo Celso being absent, we could see him played a bit further up the pitch.

I must say it's a lot of fun to be back at the level of speculating about line ups and formations + watching press conferences. Let's hope the game might actually be a fun to watch as well!

The way players are coached now is systemic
Is like it’s become American football
The way the game is controlled via UEFA Licences says it All
I should add I meant the game as a whole not just the top level
Although weirdly they seem to not focus on making 2 footed players which imo is a big miss

kanes loans taught him how to deal with real life variables in the game, such as defenders styles and tactics. He had good spells and bad spells on loan but that could be argued it was a much do with the clubs he joined. Millwall was great for him, Leicester not.

I totally agree about the failure to coach 2-footed players. It absolutely staggers me that so many top class players are utter pony on one of their feet. Then you see someone like Son. He looks equally comfortable with either foot.

I totally agree about the failure to coach 2-footed players. It absolutely staggers me that so many top class players are utter pony on one of their feet. Then you see someone like Son. He looks equally comfortable with either foot.

Most coaches I have heard talking about it have said that if you can't play two footed by 11, you're not going to learn it later.

Dele is classic one footed too
Interesting watching the players play the table tennis footy game the other day and Davies and Verts used their right leg quite a bit

Personally can't agree with that. I practiced time after time to use my left foot from the age of 12/13 and am equally brilliant with both feet now. :p

yeah I’d say that’s lazy coaching
I got better and better with my left foot as I got older and played more on that side to the point that I’m two footed now... but of course I’m not elite level

how good were you with the right before you levelled it down to your left?

;)

Back