• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS v BRIGHTON

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a FK, and it's inside the box. Kane has both feet on the line at the time of contact. The lines are part of the area they confine.
How is it not a penalty then?
I also think the ref gave it as a genuine free kick and let Var decide the pen, whereas he may have bottled it if it was clearly inside the box. A rare positive for the use of VaR rather than having that anywhere else that’s given debate.

I hate that language, I’ve seen a replay and Doherty clearly was holding him, I can’t unsee that, so it’s clear and obvious.

VAR is meant to overturn clear and obvious errors. I think the Doherty one was 50/50 whether it was a pen given that it looked like Doherty might have released him before the ball came in - therefore it wasnt a clear and obvious error

You need some metric to judge whether VAR should change a decision given that so many decisions are subjective. VAR shouldnt be change 50.50 decisions - just clear errors

Didn’t look like it was in the box to me, maybe brushed the line. But that’s what VAR is there for, hopefully it’s our friend again now
He was on the line a little
That’s all that’s needed though
Thing that makes me laugh Is everyone knows that’s not gonna be given as a penalty, but will always be given as a free kick

Back