• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

It’s easy for us to comment, but why the hell not being on Dele? He and Kane know each other well. He and Son know each other well. But he beings on Vinicius, new to the squad and new to the league. And let’s see if Jose takes the blame. He just said it’s his fault if we don’t win in the league.
Win the league? Really?

If we have any sort of ambition, we need Eriksen back, or someone with his qualities. He's the sort of player that can come up with something in a team that rely on individual brilliance going forward, instead of any sort of plan, as is what we are. We're only drilled defensively, and that just doesn't work (all the time)

I’m sure many will jump on Jose, but again, we’ve made plenty of chances and Hugo hasn’t made a save.

We dropped points today because the centre backs made horrific errors and Kane and Son were brick.
It's gonad*s though (and Hugo did make a good save when they had a one on one). Fulham and us had an equal number of shots, we didn't draw that game because we were unlucky, we didn't deserve to win it. It is the same story every time. We sit back deeper and deeper. We have terrible centre halves and we expect them to get through 90 minutes without a mistake. It isn't going to happen with those two. As soon as Sanchez got done too easily by Lookman you just knew that Dier wouldn't win the header.... although he then outdid himself by completely missing it.

And we have done that SOOOOO many times. And dropped SOOOO many points from winning positions. And Jose, allegedly, was so experienced he’s change our meteorology.
Well, defensively he had. We've only conceded 6 goals from open play. But we have no plan going forward. We only rely on individual brilliance.

I can’t honestly see what difference they would have made

Regain some control in midfield perhaps? Or maybe even add some creativity to what was on show. The bar was exceptionally low in that second half and it would be difficult to see how they would have made matters worse.

I’m just baffled. I look at this manager and squad of players and think, on paper, we should be right up there. And we should be beating teams like Fulham, Wolves and Palace relatively easily most of the time.

But what I’m watching is brick. Most weeks. Those teams are dominating the ball against us. The manager is renowned as a tactician. His tactics are brick. And he can’t blame the players or say they aren’t carrying out his instructions because it’s the same thing every bloody week. And we keep doing the same thing. Lead, sit back, give up the ball, concede.

He’s also known for being able to change games and to make subs to do it. Yet we’re not seeing that. When the tide turns against us, he sits on his hands and only makes changes when the other team equalises.

My patience is wearing thin. I don’t enjoy watching us play, I don’t enjoy the same mistakes again and I can’t fathom how a winner like Mourinho keeps making these mistakes.

That result tonight is absolutely unacceptable. The second half performance is unacceptable. If it was a one off, I’d give him some lee way. It isn’t.

On the game, Reguilon, Dier and Ndombele were our best. Sanchez again proved he’s an absolute liability but it’s not all on him.

Disgusted and disillusioned with that.
Good post other than including Dier in the list of best players.... he was equally as culpable for the goal as Sanchez, that was a woeful attempt at heading that cross.

If we have any sort of ambition, we need Eriksen back, or someone with his qualities. He's the sort of player that can come up with something in a team that rely on individual brilliance going forward, instead of any sort of plan, as is what we are. We're only drilled defensively, and that just doesn't work (all the time)

Eriksen would help a lot. Perhaps we might not have played Sissoko right wing had Eriksen been in the squad

Even if we aren’t as good as some of us think, we have surely got the players that should be able to see off Palace, Wolves and Fulham particularly when we have a one goal leave. Those sides have dominated us in the second half...one after the other. That is the bit I can’t get my head around.

Our bench options are decent and better than most. Dele, Vinicius, Bale and Moura have their limitations but they’re better than the subs most teams have. And yet a manager who is famed for making influential subs can’t use those players for us to get the better of Fulham.

It's nonsense to deflect it on to the level of the squad when the same tactical plan is what is failing us time after time against weaker opposition, every single game we have thrown away points in this season we have looked comfortably the better team when taking the game to the opponents, it's only when we fall back in to Jose-ball that things go wrong. That isn't squad quality failing, it's a repeated tactical decision that is being punished

It would be interesting to hear from the pro-Jose crew. Is there something we’re missing here? What’s the defence of tonight’s decisions/tactics?
A huge difference tonight was we played with no wide player on the right
Compare that with Leeds.
The issue is Moura isn’t very good
Lamela is very good
Bale isn’t able to run
So without Bergwein were screwed

oh and from 15 shots you should score more than 1 goal

What's really frustrating is ... we have a pretty decent squad. Lots of good players that can do a job if they're given the right instructions and tactics. Yet we stick the two best up front and set up the rest to defend. What the fudge for?! Imagine someone more progressive getting a chance to drill these players and play some more offensive football - it would be a lot more fun than this brick. Even a trophy at the end don't warrant the collapses we keep on seeing, in my opinion. I'm knee jerking a bit, tinkled off tonight ... but ... WHY do we keep on doing it? Why do we sit back when we lead? Jose must be telling them to do so in one way or another (even though he often keeps saying he wants us to kill games off).

It's gonad*s though (and Hugo did make a good save when they had a one on one). Fulham and us had an equal number of shots, we didn't draw that game because we were unlucky, we didn't deserve to win it. It is the same story every time. We sit back deeper and deeper. We have terrible centre halves and we expect them to get through 90 minutes without a mistake. It isn't going to happen with those two. As soon as Sanchez got done too easily by Lookman you just knew that Dier wouldn't win the header.... although he then outdid himself by completely missing it.

We didnt drop points tonight as a result of conceding a goal. We dropped points as a result of playing with Sissoko right wing - effectively playing with 10 men

It's nonsense to deflect it on to the level of the squad when the same tactical plan is what is failing us time after time against weaker opposition, every single game we have thrown away points in this season we have looked comfortably the better team when taking the game to the opponents, it's only when we fall back in to Jose-ball that things go wrong. That isn't squad quality failing, it's a repeated tactical decision that is being punished

100000000%

Back