• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both teams were poor.

Just wanted us to come out the blocks with some zip. Pass the ball well. Have some shape and movement in attack.

Everton looked shaky, a team that hasn’t played together much. And we stood off and let them play. While we’re at home. Mourinho has coordinated the defence and we look compact. But the press and attacking movement we look lost, like there are no instructions or coordination. That’s a concern.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yet you watch that documentary and he is telling them to press every time
I still think there are too many old Poch players here to change
We had NO ONE form last seasons additions starting. That’s a £180m outlay. That’s fudging scary

The buck stops with manager! Everton were doing well, Jose Changed things and managed to make a spunky Everton into Bayern look a likes!
We go rapidly worse after Jose cut Dele.....simple as!
I agree the dele sub was odd
Didn’t get it and still don’t
But it doesnt change the abject way the players tracked to going behind
It was just like last season Poch

Listened on the radio and what I heard hurt a lot.

The constant tactical changes suggest Jose is unclear on our best set up, and such changes suggest to me a lack of trust in our players.

I'm a big Jose fan but I am concerned that a very good midfield, in its first game for Everton battered us today.

They fully deserved it and we have no excuses.
Not one for excuses, but Jose was limited in what he could do midfield wise. We have two genuinely creative midfielders in NDombele and Lo Celso, neither of whom are currently fit. So with what he had left to play with it was always going to be turgid. Hojberg partnered with Lo Celso or NDombele immediately would provide better balance and more creativity. So I’m keen to see how things are looking over the next couple of months, rather than fly off the handle over a poor performance first game of the season....

early days? 10 months in, albeit with covid interuption. A decent manager should have a plan installed already

This for me, there is no clear plan. Covid hasn't helped, granted but he is head coach of Tottenham its his job to have the playing side firing, that's the job he signed up for. As for the Levy excuse I don't buy it. I know what Levy is like and I'm a mug from nowhete, so Jose knew and as he signed his name to the project, as soon as he did all responsibility on the playing side and how that looks. The fact he couldn't get the team up for it game one of the season regardless of what might come for the rest of it is a HUGE red flag

The biggest problem is that when he spins out wide and drops deep to pick up the ball as he is getting no service, no-one takes responsibility to get into spaces he should be in. Thus he has three around him at all times. Messi? Please. Great great player of course, but not exactly surrounded by the likes of Winks, Hojberg and Sissoko is he?

You seen Barca lately, I wouldn’t swap Sissoko for any of their CM’s.

Last edited:
Yet you watch that documentary and he is telling them to press every time
I still think there are too many old Poch players here to change
We had NO ONE form last seasons additions starting. That’s a £180m outlay. That’s fudging scary

In this game we needed to press as a whole team. Push the defence up the pitch and strangle them first half. If it’s not working or they are finding balls over the top, move to plan B with a deeper setup. We ‘pressed’ - the forwards closed down, but it wasn’t a team effort so it was easy to pass around. A team-wide press would have worked today against a hesitant Everton.

I agree the dele sub was odd
Didn’t get it and still don’t
But it doesnt change the abject way the players tracked to going behind
It was just like last season Poch

they all felt like the rest of us “what the fudge is our glorious leader upto?” They all looked bloody confused and largely disillusioned.

I actually thought we did allright in the first half. Was quite positive after that. But getting Sissoko on for Dele, and yet again utilizing a midfield of Sissoko and Winks - it just doesn't work. They're the sideways brothers, can't progress a ball with their passing or by advancing with the ball to save their lives. Sure, N'Dombele lost the ball a lot, but he did set up Kane/Son just outside the box on at least two occasions in his 15 minute cameo. He might be a lazy sod who can't track back, but we simply need a player like him on the pitch - as Winks and Sissoko simply cannot find players in space in front of them. It's odd - Winks used to be really good at it, but what he's doing now is just bizarre. He's doing practically nothing of use out there. It's just that Mourinho, for whatever reason, doesn't see it. I just don't understand how he doesn't see it. They sit there analyzing games and can't pick that up - I'm just lost for words.

In this game we needed to press as a whole team. Push the defence up the pitch and strangle them first half. If it’s not working or they are finding balls over the top, move to plan B with a deeper setup. We ‘pressed’ - the forwards closed down, but it wasn’t a team effort so it was easy to pass around. A team-wide press would have worked today against a hesitant Everton.

I don’t think we can press with the lack of pace in that defence
Toby hasn’t had any negative calls but when Richarlson gone in today Toby was so far odd the pace it was scary
Dier got done twice and Davies did ok but was very deep, and really poor with his passing

I actually thought we did allright in the first half. Was quite positive after that. But getting Sissoko on for Dele, and yet again utilizing a midfield of Sissoko and Winks - it just doesn't work. They're the sideways brothers, can't progress a ball with their passing or by advancing with the ball to save their lives. Sure, N'Dombele lost the ball a lot, but he did set up Kane/Son just outside the box on at least two occasions in his 15 minute cameo. He might be a lazy sod who can't track back, but we simply need a player like him on the pitch - as Winks and Sissoko simply cannot find players in space in front of them. It's odd - Winks used to be really good at it, but what he's doing now is just bizarre. He's doing practically nothing of use out there. It's just that Mourinho, for whatever reason, doesn't see it. I just don't understand how he doesn't see it. They sit there analyzing games and can't pick that up - I'm just lost for words.
I think the issue still is who are they passing too and where are they running
It was all very slow and static which makes it much harder to pkay a man in. When Son ran behind winks put a great ball over the top to him

Back