• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at Goodison

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great performance and won of those days where we were clinical and put the opposition to the sword.

Going forward we are absolutely flying and have 5 genuine goal threats!

Only area we need to improve on IMO is defensively as Liverpool look much more solid than we do. I’d like to see Aurier and Rose as starting full backs for the majority of games for the rest of the season as I believe they are superior to Trippier and Davies.

Apparently he supports Woking, and doesn’t support any Premier League team.

He’s actually the assistant manager at Woking now. He was assistant to the same manager at my local club till last summer.
He’s a bit stuck up his own arse if you ask me. But won’t deny his contact book was useful to my local club while there.

Edit: I should probably add that when I heard him speak about Spurs while there. He was generally positive about spurs and enjoyed our football.

I don't think Tyler is anti-Spurs so much as pro Sky favourites. The Sky clubs are the ones with the most fans worldwide and Utd have more than anyone. So for them, the brand of the main product they show -- the Premier League -- is better served by the clubs with the most fans doing well, with the story built around them. But if we can punch through and win something major, we'll pick up more fans worldwide (like say, Chelsea) and we'll become one of the Sky favourites.

Statement win, Sunday game after City/Chelsea result went our way, pressure on to close the gap after big mid week win against Scum, behind at 1-0 when we should have already been 2 or 3 up.

The stats on our results when Kane, Dele, Eriksen & Son start would be interesting, their movement kills teams.

I don't think Tyler is anti-Spurs so much as pro Sky favourites. The Sky clubs are the ones with the most fans worldwide and Utd have more than anyone. So for them, the brand of the main product they show -- the Premier League -- is better served by the clubs with the most fans doing well, with the story built around them. But if we can punch through and win something major, we'll pick up more fans worldwide (like say, Chelsea) and we'll become one of the Sky favourites.

Most of those things are true, but he hates us, his comment on one of our goals once was “oh no”, his commentary is always focused on our opposition and he leads his analyst accordingly, if we are winning his focus is on what the opposition are doing wrong, if we are not, it’s how badly we are playing

He’s a clam

Agree Sissoko was an absolute beast, he was everywhere. So many interceptions.

I think you're harsh on Lamela though, laid on a great assist for Son and only played a half. Thought he looked threatening on the ball.

Kane could have had 4 on another day.

Yeah Lamela was everywhere today. Even my girlfriend who doesn't like football but watches it with me when Spurs play said "that Lamela is everywhere isn't he?"

As Poch would say, I am so happy for this bictory and for the player. They deserved this bictory.

Lamela had a shocker today, gave the ball away at one point, he’s never done that before and I’ll be surprised if I ever see it again.

Was at dinner at my parents today, so couldn't watch the game. Kept my phone in the pocket the entire afternoon, and just finished watching the game now.
What a fantastic game of football!! Some absolute brilliant stuff on display. I thought everyone was absolutely magnificent from start to finish! Can't really pick a MoM, but Eriksen was totally bossing it from his deeper position. Reminds me of Xavi when he plays there. Just utterly brilliant! And Son was bloody good as well!
I really didn't expect such a brilliant, high energy performance after having played a tough game on Wednesday. Massive effort from everyone, and we're suddenly right up there!
In Poch we trust! COYS!

Anyone else play the Martin Tyler drinking game today? You have to drink a shot every time Tyler mentions Poch and United in the same sentence. I might not make it into work tomorrow.

I rewatched it and the pair of them weren't as over the top with it as I initially thought. Yes they mentioned it, but some people online are talking as if it was constant.

I did notice Neville trying to make out he hadn't pushed it as hard as he did though.

Back