• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT FA Cup Round 3 - Tottenham Hotspur FC v Burnley ***

Would be good if we can give at least some rest to Porro and Udogie. They've both played a lot, at a high intensity and are so important to us. But probably difficult to rest both from the start with our injuries.
I’d play Dier at CB and Royal at RB for this. Udogie’s had the odd suspension recently so not quite as much in the red as Porro I’d imagine.

I wouldn’t make too many voluntary changes to the side though, we lose Sarr and Son from the last game anyway.

Wrong Cup, but Burnley away in the 2009 Carling Cup semi-final (2nd leg) was 119 truly awful minutes followed by 2 goals and wild celebrations. Followed by a horrendous trip home.

I remember that was sitting in Barbados airport next to Terry Medwin and being kept upto date by my son on the phone.

They'll have 9 days till the utd game.
If they get through this one still in good shape that's good. But we've asked an awful lot of the pair of them this season. Udogie very young. Porro fairly young and still in his first year in the PL.

If they're ready and fully fit, fine. But Udogie went down with something against Bournemouth. Porro has played almost everything.

Wrong Cup, but Burnley away in the 2009 Carling Cup semi-final (2nd leg) was 119 truly awful minutes followed by 2 goals and wild celebrations. Followed by a horrendous trip home.
Think the '83 game was league cup too as I think Everton beat us in '83 to end our run from '81 and '82.

If they get through this one still in good shape that's good. But we've asked an awful lot of the pair of them this season. Udogie very young. Porro fairly young and still in his first year in the PL.

If they're ready and fully fit, fine. But Udogie went down with something against Bournemouth. Porro has played almost everything.

I get that. The question is,how important is the fa cup?

Is Bryan good enough for a start against a team like Burnley? I like him as a player but in my opinion he's not strong enough physically. Then again what are the alternatives?

I was VERY impressed with Lyle Foster when I watched Burnley a few days ago against Villa. Very sharp, very fast.

If Burnley play their full team, we will really be up against it.

Yes I saw the 2nd half of that game and he caused champions elect Villa all sorts of problems. Hopefully they rest a few as well and prioritize PL safety.

Back