• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

[[OMGT - Tottenham vs QPR]]

Ah really, didnt realise that, I remember Maine Road use to be massive

Maine road used to be the biggest with Old Trafford just behind it. WHL was one of the smallest, but I think all pitches have to be 105m long by 68m wide I think.
At least it stops teams like Stoke cheating and narrowing or widening their pitch depending on who they were playing.
Old pitch sizes can be found here http://soccerlens.com/premier-league-pitch-sizes/3683/

Tough to know what side to put out really...I think I'd go for the following...

Lloris

Walker Caulker Vertonghen BAE

Lennon Sandro Parker Bale

Dembele
Ade

subs:

Brad
Super Clint
Sig
JD
Daws
Andros
The Hudd

Tough on Naughton who's been great, but I want Verts at CB. I'd play Sandro deep and Scotty slightly advanced as the 'link' with Moussa.

I'd rest JD for sure, protect him...I think Dembele in the hole on a small pitch like theirs would be useful, especially if he cracks a few from distance. I can absolutely see Bale coming inside at some point and Dembele drifting wide with perhaps Lennon swapping over.

We should have too much for QPR. Looking at that side above, and the potential bench, it's really far too good to slip up. I agree with Jurgen, anything less than a win would be disappointing.

No Ade thank you. Dempsey has earned his place. Defoe up top again by himself.

Dont start with two defensive CMs - surely AVB has learned this lesson from earlier in the season - even if you havent!!

press conference ahead of the game

[video=youtube;L3pBJkCayHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L3pBJkCayHc[/video]

Thanks a million for that, billyiddo.
That is the horses mouth.
I think AVB spoke the truth or if not he has superb control of his body language.
Specific to this game he is a little worried about the inside information HR has about our players. I think he is again a little worried about the striker situation and would not say no to a new striker but will deal with the status quo. Jake is available for a loan deal and the German is not needed.

Thanks a million for that, billyiddo.
That is the horses mouth.
I think AVB spoke the truth or if not he has superb control of his body language.
Specific to this game he is a little worried about the inside information HR has about our players. I think he is again a little worried about the striker situation and would not say no to a new striker but will deal with the status quo. Jake is available for a loan deal and the German is not needed.

Except in the "Gallas to QPR?" moment.

gallastoqprimpossible.jpg

Last edited:
:ross: you can tell AVB gets a bit frustrated having to sit with the plebs, like he's way too intelligent to be talking to them. His face when one of them says when referring to the fact Holtby won't be coming in January 'so the deal won't be jeopardised then?' was priceless. How that guy gets paid to ask Premier League managers questions is beyond me. What a fool.

Also, slightly concerned that he wasn't aware of Michu. We don't have to be watching him every week but you'd think someone would inform our head coach of the guy that's scoring 15 goals from midfield in one of the top leagues in the world. I thought there was something going around when AVB joined that he reccommended targets to the board and one of them as a Hull 16 year old or something like that? I was quite impressed with that depth of knowledge. Maybe that was gonad*s but I still would have liked us to at least be aware of what Michu can do.

:ross: you can tell AVB gets a bit frustrated having to sit with the plebs, like he's way too intelligent to be talking to them. His face when one of them says when referring to the fact Holtby won't be coming in January 'so the deal won't be jeopardised then?' was priceless. How that guy gets paid to ask Premier League managers questions is beyond me. What a fool.

Also, slightly concerned that he wasn't aware of Michu. We don't have to be watching him every week but you'd think someone would inform our head coach of the guy that's scoring 15 goals from midfield in one of the top leagues in the world. I thought there was something going around when AVB joined that he reccommended targets to the board and one of them as a Hull 16 year old or something like that? I was quite impressed with that depth of knowledge. Maybe that was gonad*s but I still would have liked us to at least be aware of what Michu can do.

I really liked that - made a lovely change from the ' yeah, I looked at him and we tried to sign him in the summer' crap!

I reacted a little bit to the Michu comment as well, although I appreciated the honesty from AVB. So easy for a manager to just make some brick up about knowing he was good, but not quite sure about him etc.

I think this summer window was a bit chaotic. New management, assistant, coaches and I imagine some scouts. Star players leaving, plenty of players coming in. Deals being done left right and centre. Old scouts not knowing if they would still have their jobs, new scouts not quite in yet.

AVB himself seemed to focus his time in South America between the Chelsea job and us by the reports.

I would imagine by now and by the summer we should have more control of what's going on in the transfer market. Of course there will still be players slipping through the cracks.

I reacted a little bit to the Michu comment as well, although I appreciated the honesty from AVB. So easy for a manager to just make some brick up about knowing he was good, but not quite sure about him etc.

I think this summer window was a bit chaotic. New management, assistant, coaches and I imagine some scouts. Star players leaving, plenty of players coming in. Deals being done left right and centre. Old scouts not knowing if they would still have their jobs, new scouts not quite in yet.

AVB himself seemed to focus his time in South America between the Chelsea job and us by the reports.

I would imagine by now and by the summer we should have more control of what's going on in the transfer market. Of course there will still be players slipping through the cracks.

Yeah to be fair, a few other managers have said lately they weren't aware of Michu - I guess I'm just surprised at football in general. How could you know about all these reserve/youth players that pop up from random countries all over the world and join the development squads of PL teams and yet not know of Michu? Maybe Michu just had a really rubbish agent.

Yeah to be fair, a few other managers have said lately they weren't aware of Michu - I guess I'm just surprised at football in general. How could you know about all these reserve/youth players that pop up from random countries all over the world and join the development squads of PL teams and yet not know of Michu? Maybe Michu just had a really rubbish agent.

There are a lot of players in the world and clubs have a limited amount of scouts. Some scout we send to Germany is going to know all about Holtby and probably quite a few of the reserve/youth players you talk of in Germany, but he isn't going to know much about Michu.

Could also be that we had a scout at some of his games and he just didn't perform in those games so they didn't report it any further.

I don't think Dawson's crossfield balls are much of a problem at all. I really don't know why some people get so wound up about them. Taking the ball away from our keeper like Caulker has done that winds me up, and I expect if BAE is back he'll start winding me up by losing possession in dangerous areas again.

To me Daws should play tomorrow, he just gives so much to the team.

Last edited:
I don't think Dawson's crossfield balls are much of a problem at all. I really don't know why some people get so wound up about them. Taking the ball away from our keeper like Caulker has done that winds me up, and I expect if BAE is back he'll start winding me up by losing possession in dangerous areas again.

Some people like it when we have possession of the ball.

It's complete madness.

I'm not so bothered by Caulker taking the ball away, it's the failed clearance afterwards that concerns me.

Hi long passes don't bother me much either, he makes them a bit too frequently for my liking, but no big deal. His long passes are generally quite accurate.

I think Caulker is better on the ball overall though, better close control. Makes it easier to play out from the back.

Ah. Another BAE discussion coming up soon with him returning... That should be...fun.

Back