• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMG OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Watford

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aurier MOM for me. He wasn't that great, but we were quite blunt. We really need more play and options down the flanks. Rose would have been good today. Just adding some width and determination down the left.

Can we sign Sarr? First half he was in every time. We need a pacy wide player to help us get behind teams like that.

Clean sheet! Good performance. To state the obvious we are missing a striker. Parrot needs to sign a bloomin contract.

Unlikely, he hasn't done that season.

Parrot needs to sign a bloomin contract.

Put yourself in his position. The manager has you on the bench but shows no faith in you - even when a goal is needed ( Norwich away and Middlesboro away). Why should he sign for a manager who apparently won't even give him minutes in those situations.

Put yourself in his position. The manager has you on the bench but shows no faith in you - even when a goal is needed ( Norwich away and Middlesboro away). Why should he sign for a manager who apparently won't even give him minutes in those situations.
Maybe because the manger won’t play him if he knows he ain’t gonna be here

A 17 year old kid should be trusting the decisions of the professionals who work with him on a day to day basis - sadly he like a lot of kids similar to him these days will have agents and the like in his ears looking for their piece of silver

Mourinho has been pretty clear on his position on Parrott. He doesn't think that he's ready and wants him to sign a contract. I think that there might be an element of trying to force Levy's hand too.

A 17 year old kid should be trusting the decisions of the professionals who work with him on a day to day basis - sadly he like a lot of kids similar to him these days will have agents and the like in his ears looking for their piece of silver

The guy has scored goals at all levels. He is a full international for Ireland. He is physically more mature than 17. Some players mature early e.g. Gaza, Owen and Rooney.

You have no way of knowing

No. But what I do know with 100% certainty is we need a centre forward. With Kane a long term injury, we currently only have Parrott in the club who is a natural centre forward.

The guy has scored goals at all levels. He is a full international for Nortgern Ireland. He is physically more mature than 17. Some players mature early e.g. Gaza, Owen and Rooney.

Rep of Ireland, and given a token cap so as to secure his allegiance, fwiw

I wonder why Pochettino and Mourinho have decided not to play him when Pirate55 from the internet thinks he's ready?

Rep of Ireland, and given a token cap so as to secure his allegiance, fwiw

I wonder why Pochettino and Mourinho have decided not to play him when Pirate55 from the internet thinks he's ready?

Both have had him on the bench. If they really felt he wasn't ready, why promote him to this level? Makes zero sense to me.

That was exactly what I was expecting from today’s game!
Pleased with clean sheet!

@milo

Aurier
Gazzaniga - for penalty save

Both have had him on the bench. If they really felt he wasn't ready, why promote him to this level? Makes zero sense to me.
To get familiar with the surroundings. Game preparation, crowd, stadium. All sorts of things to learn before he gets thrown into it. He's 17 ffs! How many 17 year olds are playing in the Premier league?

Short of numbers?
Give him some experience in and around the match day squad to see how he handles it?

Im sure there are other reasons too

No. But what I do know with 400% certainty is we need a centre forward. With Kane a long term injury, we currently only have Parrott in the club who is a natural centre forward.

We did alright with Moura and Son covering Kane last season. Maybe Mourinho thinks that they are better options than Parrott right now. Besides, our poor form and bluntness pre-dates Kane getting injured.

To get familiar with the surroundings. Game preparation, crowd, stadium. All sorts of things to learn before he gets thrown into it. He's 17 ffs! How many 17 year olds are playing in the Premier league?
There are two responses to that

"If you're good enough you're old enough"

Now I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion either way but there's no reason if he was of the standard required he couldn't be getting minutes here and there.

Secondly we don't have a first team striker at the moment and that is exactly the sort of situation where the youth team on the verge of promotion to the first team player often gets their chance...

Again I can't say that he is ready for that but given the circumstance it wouldn't be unusual or unreasonable....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Let's see who blinks first. It would be a crying shame if we let a great prospect go to someone else simply because he felt he wasn't given a fair chance at Spurs. Does this remind anyone of Edwards?

Back