• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Olympic Torch Relay

Dave Mackay

Rory Allen
Hi,

Just thought I would share the exciting news that I will be a torchbearer!

Running with the torch in Croydon on 23rd July.

Will be in memory of my late wife.

Anyone else on GG selected to run?

How you get selected?

Id have ended up smoking the damn thing if they selected me

My mum nominated me (didn't tell me for weeks) and then I heard in December! Final confirmation came through last Friday to say I had passed the background and security checks.

Coool - didnt know you get nominated, I thought it was just famous people and youre not famous enough ha

How long do you have to run for etc? is it like a mile? two?

Haha! Definitely not famous enough! I think quite a few famous people will run but majority are us normal folk. Luckily I think it's no more than 300m, might have to start training if it's a mile!

There are 8,000 people running, so a limit to how far each of us will be able to run.

THAT much - I thought it was like 10-20 people.

Id have collapsed anyway if more than a few feet.

Dont fall over tho

Little bit of history for you. Very well done. Should be a fantastic day out and all done in memory of your old man. Sounds perfect to me. =D>

Well done Dave.

Where are you carrying it?

Im moving house in a few weeks and it will going directly outside my house - thats my Sunday afternoon ruined

hmmm... When they made the picks, What criteria did they use? It's interesting

But Dave, A really great way to pay tribute to your late wife :) Good luck

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly where I will be carrying yet. Croydon centre, but exact info towards the end of June.

Not sure about criteria - probably a bit of lady luck I would suggest!

Hi,

Just thought I would share the exciting news that I will be a torchbearer!

Running with the torch in Croydon on 23rd July.

Will be in memory of my late wife.

Anyone else on GG selected to run?

23rd July is my birthday!

Any chance of a birthday message?

Back