• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Can’t say I’d blame Skipp wanting to get a year’s PL experience as a guaranteed first teamer for Norwich, rather than coming back to Spurs where he’ll get fewer starts and if his performances are anything less than peak Dembele then he’ll probably end up taking over from Winks as the boo-boys favourite target.

If we were in better shape, I would 100% think that another loan would be best for his development. Given where we are, I think that we need him and he'll get plenty of games.

I think there is s ome truth in both of those posts. Difficult choice for the club to make and i guess it all depends on who we buy this summer.

I think that was the point I was making. I think that another loan would undoubtedly be better for his development but I am not sure that we can afford that luxury given the amount of work that we need to do to the squad
Ah okay, I misread your post.

That just emphasises what a mess we’re currently in that our midfield might be dependent upon a 20 year old who’s started just 3 PL games thus far to ensure Hojbjerg doesn’t get burnt out again and that’s assuming our next head coach can polish the rough diamond that is Ndombele plus Lo Celso is over his injury woes.

Wow

Does he want salt with that chip on his shoulder.

Also pretty easy to see through what he was writing for his true motives. What a pr*ck.
I think it's fair enough actually, and probably a fair reflection of how fans of lower-level teams see us. Can you argue that there aren't many Spurs fans who'd rather see "a random £40m player from France or Spain" in midfield? Like all those who spent years questioning the value of Carrick, Eriksen and even Modric.

I think that, if the new manager and/or DoF don't see Skipp starting at least 20 games next season (the cups plus a few league games), he should be loaned back to Norwich. It's the best possible development for him.

Last edited:
I think it's fair enough actually, and probably a fair reflection of how fans of lower-level teams see us. Can you argue that there aren't many Spurs fans who'd rather see "a random £40m player from France or Spain" in midfield? Like all those who spent years questioning the value of Carrick, Eriksen and even Modric.

I think that, if the new manager/DoF doesn't see Skipp starting at least 20 games next season (the cups plus a few league games), he should be loaned back to Norwich. It's the best possible development for him.

I think unless we really have no other option, we should loan him out, long term it's better for the player.

The fact that in his one season at Norwich he played more games than Winks ever has in a single season should tell a lot. Game time develops players, not the bench.

I think that, if the new manager/DoF doesn't see Skipp starting at least 20 games next season (the cups plus a few league games), he should be loaned back to Norwich. It's the best possible development for him.

I know plenty of fans myself included who would rather see skipp then some 40m player, adding to that money is tight and needs spending in other areas of the pitch.

Take your point about our new foreign director of football though.

Much needed bump.

Very impressed with him yesterday. Just 20, first game after returning from loan, first game under a new manager.

Agreed. I was also wondering whether last night we could see PEH benched in games where we need a more attacking midfield. Partly of course depends on whether we can replace Sissoko and Winks

Agreed. I was also wondering whether last night we could see PEH benched in games where we need a more attacking midfield. Partly of course depends on whether we can replace Sissoko and Winks

Said it in the Dele thread

- If you can get Romero +perhaps one more good CB perhaps we don't need to protect back line as much
- Against easier opponents you rotate PEH & Skipp (so only play one)
- You play perhaps Lo Celso/Ndombele plus Dele (or if we get new CM)

PEH played further forward for Denmark in the Euros and had 3 assists in 5 games or some such so there is an argument that we could use him more effectively than just a screen at times as well, but yup, it would be good not to burn him out by February again this season.

Said it in the Dele thread

- If you can get Romero +perhaps one more good CB perhaps we don't need to protect back line as much
- Against easier opponents you rotate PEH & Skipp (so only play one)
- You play perhaps Lo Celso/Ndombele plus Dele (or if we get new CM)

I'm increasingly of the view that we need another CM. We have PEH, SKipp, Dele and GLC who can be relied on...I dont think we can rely on Ndombele so we're short of bodies assuming we sell Sissoko and Winks. A box to box midfielder who can put his foot on a ball would work well

I'm increasingly of the view that we need another CM. We have PEH, SKipp, Dele and GLC who can be relied on...I dont think we can rely on Ndombele so we're short of bodies assuming we sell Sissoko and Winks. A box to box midfielder who can put his foot on a ball would work well

I'm not sure we have given up on Ndombele yet.

But yes, we have a lighter squad, another CM, especially one that is more comfortable on the right side would be a good addition.

I'd prefer a carrick/alonso type. Can defend but can pick a pass. Or a modric that can dictate the tempo.
Dele and lo celso are the box to box types.

I'm not sure we have given up on Ndombele yet.

But yes, we have a lighter squad, another CM, especially one that is more comfortable on the right side would be a good addition.

We have 2 weeks to make a decision on him.

Skipp shower how bloody useless Sissoko and Winks are. They excel at nothing and add 0 to the side. Skipp adds energy, decent possession, decent usage of the ball, good interceptions and jockeying.

I hope now we never have to see Sissoko especially again. Waste of space player.

Back