• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Old VHS tape disposal

Crawley

Board Legend
Doing a major loft clearout, and found a whole box full.

Some pre-recordeds, some just blanks from taping old TV stuff.

Don't want to just dump in landfill, so what else can be done?

Nothing on them to convert to disc, and charity shops don't want them now.

Any ideas?

Get some sticks.. super glue the tape to the end.. and sell on ebay as bird scarers. Put plastic cases in recycle bin

"...I didn't know it was that sort of party!"
Jamie Forrester, Nil By Mouth

:)

The only funny spot in a bleak (but excellent) film.

Why get rid? i mean i've got a massive VHS collection of Wrestling PPV's from the early ninties that i will never get rid off.

Please, please tell me you are taking the tinkle with this comment? :ross:

Not at all.

I've got hundreds of recorded (And purchased) Wrestling PPV's and events that i will never get rid off. I don't even watch wrestling anymore but there's absolutely no way i will get rid regardless of what anyone says. My girl has asked me numerous times if i will ever get rid but i don't even bother answering her anymore..i just look at her and walk away when she asks.

Please, please tell me you are taking the tinkle with this comment? :ross:

Leave it, he has every right to a stash of homo erotica.

I wouldn't want one myself but I will defend to the death his right to collect it.

PS Got any Les Kellet?

Doesn't tape over time start to fudge up, I'm sure its 10 years and then it starts to degrade itself.. KD and Lynne you really should think about digitalizing that stuff. Out of interest do you still have VCRs

Last edited:
Why get rid? i mean i've got a massive VHS collection of Wrestling PPV's from the early ninties that i will never get rid off.

I'm actually jealous. Lost most of mine. Had a huge stack of mags as well that I gave away.

Crawley, sound obvious but have you thought about eBay or even a local car boot? There will always be someone that will take stuff off your hands, as was posted earlier.

I had about 30 VHS of THFC review of the seasons, individual matches etc and threw away about 10 years ago now. Gutted now.

I'm actually jealous. Lost most of mine. Had a huge stack of mags as well that I gave away.

Crawley, sound obvious but have you thought about eBay or even a local car boot? There will always be someone that will take stuff off your hands, as was posted earlier.

Pensioners.

I got rid of a load of pre-recorded VHS tapes when I moved. Scope is about the only charity shop now that will take them.

Doesn't tape over time start to fudge up, I'm sure its 10 years and then it starts to degrade itself.. KD and Lynne you really should think about digitalizing that stuff. Out of interest do you still have VCRs

Too many depressing games to digitize!! Yes, I do still have a VCR. I have a number of dvd's, but then the dvr machine refuse to record.

Back