• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Old Guard/Bad Eggs - POLL ADDED

Who do you SELL?

• Aurier

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Davies

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Dier

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • Winks

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • Lamela

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Moura

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Dele

Votes: 32 47.1%

• Total voters
That’s not the squad though
That’s an 11
I mean we have baggage here and possibly problem players above that

Toby
Lamela
Sissoko
Davies
Aurier
Sanchez
Bale - don’t keep him
Moura posisbly
Dier possibly

I mean they may all be lovely guys but there meteorology is weak, weak, weak and in some cases a bit mental
I’d also consider getting rid of Hugo

remember when Poch came in he made ade and Kabul vice captains
Bin them off as soon as he could though
Managers look from the outside and make a call. Once in the inside they change their views
Jose’s face when he is told sissoko has a big sway in the squad is a picture...,, I guess he assumes it would be a winner or a great footballer, but instead it’s sissoko a player he didnt rate
I disagree that lots of those are ‘baggage’. Most are fine as squad players. Lamela (not good enough, not fit enough) Sanchez (not good enough) and Bale (not fit enough, not worth the wages) probably not but the rest are.

The club is short of a centre back (possibly two) and a dynamic manager who wants to play front foot football. That is all.

Sure the team and squad could still be improved but every team and squad can be improved and needs to be every year, that is why it is criminal that the chairman went a whole year without signing a player.

Last edited:
I don’t think we lost just because of the system
It was a lack of effort
I mean it was mean and lazy and frankly not acceptable
Too many players jogging
Sky highlighted it afterwards multiple times
You mention the attack but we can’t defend when players run past us...
You make far too many excuses for a £15m a year manager. If players aren’t running it usually means they have had enough of the manager and want to get him sacked. I would imagine they are simply tired of the terrible tactics.

I meant we would have gotten much more for him a season or 2 before not withstanding his contract length on form alone.

It is my major gripe with Levy.
Another example of why we need a proper DoF and Levy far away from the transfers. He can then concentrate on £300m overspends on the stadium, not securing a sponsor for it and re-renegotiating the interest on our growing debt pile. Only that way will he get to pay himself another £3m bonus!

Another example of why we need a proper DoF and Levy far away from the transfers. He can then concentrate on £300m overspends on the stadium, not securing a sponsor for it and re-renegotiating the interest on our growing debt pile. Only that way will he get to pay himself another £3m bonus!

Considering how he acts on transfers I only dread to think what he is like over the naming rights issue. X amount in 5 years time could well not make up for the offers he admits he has already turned down.

You make far too many excuses for a £15m a year manager. If players aren’t running it usually means they have had enough of the manager and want to get him sacked. I would imagine they are simply tired of the terrible tactics.

If that's the case, it's as damning an indictment on the players as it is on anyone else, you don't have to agree with orders, there is a chain of command and it's unprofessional to not follow them.

If that's the case, it's as damning an indictment on the players as it is on anyone else, you don't have to agree with orders, there is a chain of command and it's unprofessional to not follow them.

Your right the is a chain of command but in the infantile world of pro football where most players have the maturity of 15 year olds you need to find another way to get players to work for you.

I disagree that lots of those are ‘baggage’. Most are fine as squad players. Lamela (not good enough, not fit enough) Sanchez (not good enough) and Bale (not fit enough, not worth the wages) probably not but the rest are.

The club is short of a centre back (possibly two) and a dynamic manager who wants to play front foot football. That is all.

Sure the team and squad could still be improved but every team and squad can be improved and needs to be every year, that is why it is criminal that the chairman went a whole year without signing a player.
You're wrong, a lot of the players aren't good enough. Sadly neither is the manager.

Sanchez
Lamela
Bale
Sissoko
Winks
Dier
Davies
Moura
Toby

All should be replaced and yet all regularly start, it's not good enough all around from the players up through to the manager.

A broom and a brush is needed.

Said that earlier
It’s exactly what they did for Poch
Downed tools
I mean we’re they also tired of his tactics
Possibly
But it’s not an excuse that lasts long
Once is possibly tolerable... twice is a pretty awful measure of the so called quality of the players

Not really that much of an indictment of the players, more just human nature.

It isn't even down to the infantile world of professional football. In any job, in anything, you don't give 100% if you aren't happy. You follow orders and you do what needs doing but you don't give it your all. It just becomes more noticeable when the margins are so fine so even a drop off of 1 or 2% has an impact.

They are baggage because they have Been here too long and are coasting
It’s the same in any work environment
Comfort creates complacency

Son and Kane? No way.

Us losing big games with them in the team isn’t necessarily their fault. Hugo was in all our biggest failures and he captained France to the World Cup.

Kane, Son, Hjobjerg, Reguilon, Hugo, Dele, Ndombele and GLC are untouchable for me. Top, top players.

The rest, I don’t know. Aurier has shown a lot this season but maybe is still too error prone. Rodon has potential. Dier has a good attitude but isn’t good enough at the top level. Good backup maybe. Davies is a good pro and I’d keep him for the same reason Man U had Fletcher and O’Shea or Liverpool had Milner.

Other than that, there aren’t many I’d be upset to see leave.

We have the nucleus of a very good team. We have a massive problem in the dugout though because our best players cannot flourish with his brick tactics.
I would add Aurier to that list. Decent RBs are hard to find and he has shown this season he is decent. I'd also want us to keep Ryan Sessegnon, Rodon, Vinicius and Japhet Tanganga.

I would add Aurier to that list. Decent RBs are hard to find and he has shown this season he is decent. I'd also want us to keep Ryan Sessegnon, Rodon, Vinicius and Japhet Tanganga.

Yeah, I think that's fair. Sessegnon can be a star, Rodon has potential, Tanganga is a great lad and if we could get Vinicius for a decent price (~20m), he's shown enough for me to be signed as a back up. I know I'll get brick for this but I'd keep Winks too. I think in a team playing the sort of football I like to watch, he could be a very good option.

You're wrong, a lot of the players aren't good enough. Sadly neither is the manager.

Sanchez
Lamela
Bale
Sissoko
Winks
Dier
Davies
Moura
Toby

All should be replaced and yet all regularly start, it's not good enough all around from the players up through to the manager.

A broom and a brush is needed.

Lloris

Hart
Aurier Rodon Tangana Regulion
Doherty ??? ??? Sessegnon
Hojberg GLC
??? Skipp
Ndombele
Dele
Bergwijn Kane Son
??? Vinicius ???
That's a 17 man squad without the players you have mentioned, not world beaters overall but a squad to build on if the players you have mentioned are dragging us down.

Personally i take exception to a few of the names on your list and think having them in reserve is no biggie. It's only really the players well on the peripheral that we need shot of.

If the players listed are the problem then bring back the loans, play the younger guys and show you are thinking about what's coming next and people will get behind it.

Lloris
Hart
Aurier Rodon Tangana Regulion
Doherty ??? ??? Sessegnon
Hojberg GLC
??? Skipp
Ndombele
Dele
Bergwijn Kane Son
??? Vinicius ???
That's a 17 man squad without the players you have mentioned, not world beaters overall but a squad to build on if the players you have mentioned are dragging us down.

Personally i take exception to a few of the names on your list and think having them in reserve is no biggie. It's only really the players well on the peripheral that we need shot of.

If the players listed are the problem then bring back the loans, play the younger guys and show you are thinking about what's coming next and people will get behind it.

The young player push is what Poch did
It worked for a while and gave him a platform to build form

Yeah, I think that's fair. Sessegnon can be a star, Rodon has potential, Tanganga is a great lad and if we could get Vinicius for a decent price (~20m), he's shown enough for me to be signed as a back up. I know I'll get brick for this but I'd keep Winks too. I think in a team playing the sort of football I like to watch, he could be a very good option.

Vinni went up a smidgen in my estimation yesterday.
I'm with you on Winks also.
Bergwijn doesn't do it at all. Maura does work hard but I'm soft because of the CL semi-final.
Ndombele confuses me, great skills but unbelievably mercurial so never sure of him when knuckling down is needed or things are getting a bit rough.

Yup
And if the players are the problem now like you and others are arguing then i think the above shows that there sre option available to move past them.
Yes i don't think it's all doom and gloom by any means, we have the skeleton of a good side but quite a bit of rubbish in-between.

I'm a fan as much as anyone and although I don't rate many of those players I have nothing personal against them. We need to take a dispassionate view on the squad and really evaluate what those players are adding to our squad and I argue not much.

Many of them will be argued for playing a role as squad players but it's actually a misnomer as they don't provide competition or drive to the starters nor are they able to perform to a high level when they are called upon.

We need to refresh things and start again because clinging on with these players didn't work under Poch, and it won't work with Mou.

Back