• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Anybody watch "Bouncers" last night.

About a security firm based in Newport.

Mildly amusing watching the locals kick fudge out of each other and generally cause a nuisance.

Watched another episode of Alcatraz now and my suspicions have been confirmed. Not only is it a JJ Abrams show, it's Lost with a different plot. The production is the exact same, the way they switch between the present and the past, the music, the way the characters are presented.

LOST is the greatest show in TV history.

Alcatraz is enjoyable so far.

It's a little too similar to other shows, like Warehouse 13, in its basic setup. Very formulaic and it looks exactly like Lost.

Positives:
High production values
Sam Neill is badass
Female detective is nice to look at
Lots of cynical, violent, bad characters. None of the usual moral crap.

Finally started watching the Wire after many years of encouragemet/recomendation.

Watched the first episode last night, really enjoyed it, getting used to the lingo and such.

LOST is the greatest show in TV history.

rofl0.jpg

Finally started watching the Wire after many years of encouragemet/recomendation.

Watched the first episode last night, really enjoyed it, getting used to the lingo and such.

I've started watching this on Sky Atlantic. Think it's the fifth episode i'm up to. Absolutely brilliant.

Also started watching Seinfeld for the first time. ANother great show. Americans really know how to do great tv

LOST for me is the single most hyped-up, overrated TV show in the last decade or so. Never understood the hype past Season 2

Only second to Heroes possibly which started of great but seemingly ran out of ideas.

Lost is one of the best shows I've seen, but the last 3 seasons were a letdown. They said everything would have logical explanation when they started, but in the end they messed it up.

Hmmm, personally I thought it was shallow. Perhaps I was never sold on the whole reality concept and Survivor script

Hmmm, personally I thought it was shallow. Perhaps I was never sold on the whole reality concept and Survivor script

I didn't watch it for the characters as they were mostly very unlikable, though some will disagree. I was interested in the story and that's probably why I was a bit let down in the end.

Agree about the characters which is much of the reason I could never get into it. Same with Grey's Anatomy, etc.

The Mentalist on the other hand offer a rather predictable pattern with fillers, etc. - but Jane's character makes in enjoyable after-supper viewing

Not only is Jane great, but the surrounding cast is really good too and they're very believable.

Actually I think the surrounding cast is dire and he's carrying the show. Same old CSI - supervisor->assistant rubbish. Same with House MD

Back