• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

It would be great if we could implement a couple of formations so this wouldn't be the case. Could be asking too much maybe.

To be honest, the more diverse a team tries to become the less successful it becomes. I'd like us to adopt a formation, a style and play it home and away, regardless of the opposition, and let them worry about us! That way the players always know what they're doing.

To be honest, the more diverse a team tries to become the less successful it becomes. I'd like us to adopt a formation, a style and play it home and away, regardless of the opposition, and let them worry about us! That way the players always know what they're doing.

Good points.

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Gylfi Sigurdsson: Hit the target with 55% of shots from outside the box last season; 2nd best rate of players with 20+ attempts (Modric 58%)

Proof that statistics dont mean a lot, Modric may have got them on target but he shoots like a girl

Is he really that good ? I am always sceptical about these kind of signings. He did well with Swansea last season but will he be good enough to play for a big club ? I won't be convinced of him until he starts to perform for us. We have seen so many of these youngsters coming and failing at Spurs. Just hope he won't be another player who only does well with small clubs. I would prefer us to sign more established players, instead of the young players with potential.

Very pleased with this signing, even if it is for someone that can actually make proper use of our free-kicks and can undo 'bus parking' side with shots from distance. How are his corners?

Very pleased with this signing. Watched Gylfi a few times last season and was very impressed. Classy player.

I see the Daily Fail are taking the p1ss :lol:

thesig.jpg

Edit: they added the 'l' now, too late boys I caught you at it haha....someone was being a bit cheeky [-X :lol:

Attachments

• thesig.jpg
    thesig.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 13
Is he really that good ? I am always sceptical about these kind of signings. He did well with Swansea last season but will he be good enough to play for a big club ? I won't be convinced of him until he starts to perform for us. We have seen so many of these youngsters coming and failing at Spurs. Just hope he won't be another player who only does well with small clubs. I would prefer us to sign more established players, instead of the young players with potential.

Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Ekotto, Lennon, Sandro, Huddlestone, Bale; signing young players with potential has played a huge part in getting us to be the team we are today! We don't have enough money to consistently buy top quality established players; this is the way we have to try and compete with the richer teams above us.

Good first touch, good movement, good striker of the ball. Wasn't too impressed with his passing when I saw him for Swansea, but he seems to be able to spot them and is still young so there's room for improvement. Maybe we'll get some goals from direct free-kicks the upcoming season, don't know how that feels any longer.

Absolutely.

There was a link to some article bigging up his work rate and effort at Swansea last season on here a couple of days ago. Anyone have the link available or know where that was?

This is the most excited i've been about a signing in quite a while. I've posted how much i rate him for quite a while now but i didn't think we'd actually go for him. The kid is gonna be brilliant for us.

This, also, I hope and pray for a manager that finally realises that "defending a lead" against a top team doesn't work. The reason we're in the lead is we've made the opposition play badly through our own work rate and tactics... only to then sit back and let them leather us for posession and shots on goal until they finally break us down is standard/depressing. If he can sort that out, I'll be over the moon.

Changes of tactics are for when you're being out played/smarted by the opposition.

remember this ITK from last sunday.......pretty spot on if you ask me, and posted on Spurs Community. Considering how long new Spurs signings normally have medicals before any announcement, todays announcement shows that the medical was done and dusted

I don't post regularly as you can see. I'm not someone 'ITK' but found out from someone important today (and saw photo) of Sigurdsson having successfully completed his medical in a Spurs top with my source (who's one of my bosses).

He's signed for us on the quiet yet to be announced and has had his medical today! That's all I know (nothing about the fee etc)

Oh, I'm a doctor in London btw.

Hope this helps!

and this as a follow up

My first (and probably last) piece of in the know. How exciting.
I actually wasn't going to post as thought if the leak gets traced to here they (Spurs) may be upset with my boss, however a quick google before I posted and our interest seems have come up on the daily mail website already, so hopefully I shan't be tracked down.
Sorry I don't have the photo; I was shown it on his phone. Happy to apologise if not true.

I have to say I was quite underwhelmed by the news as I assumed this may be a Modric replacement but everyone here and my ITK boss seem quite happy with it!

Like I say, all I've been told is he's signed under the radar and I saw a photo of him in a spurs shirt (not a match day one, a t-shirt) shaking hands with Spurs medical staff after his successful medical! No idea re: fee.

I did ask my boss if he knew anything about our boss(Spurs) but he said he knows nothing about managers.

Back