• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson

Pffff. Bale is fantastic, the best player we've had a this club for years and years.

Lose Sandro and replace him with Parker and the job is done.

Dembele has been with us for 6 games and you are telling me that he is more important than Bale?:lol:

You blind?

You blind?

You are saying that Dembele, who has played 6 games with us, is more important than Gareth Bale who assists, scores and tears defense apart week in week out??

I love Dembele, and he'll be fine for us, he has added a lot. But Bale is just a fantastic footballer. You dont find this kind of player every day. They come every 20 years to a football club.

You are saying that Dembele, who has played 6 games with us, is more important than Gareth Bale who assists, scores and tears defense apart week in week out??

I love Dembele, and he'll be fine for us, he has added a lot. But Bale is just a fantastic footballer. You dont find this kind of player every day. They come every 20 years to a football club.

The blindness is regarding the end of discussion to this whole thing considering this is a Sigurdsson thread. Well yes, I do think Dembele is more important to how we play in general. Without him in central midfield we have borderline ZERO creativity. It's no surprise that when Dembele plays we win. When he don't play we miss him opening up chances with his ball movement, his defensive ability as well as getting the balls out quicker. I don't see how playing any number of games changes how important someone is.

Bale is brilliant I agree, but he's replaceable. Everyone is.

I aint even sure why we are having this debate in the first place. Bale is a superb player and like you say one that doesnt turn up very often (Ginola was the last player who excited me) now we have two in Lennon AND Bale. Why cant we just appreciate it rather than having to pluck figures out of thin air and talking about selling him etc

Since when did we all turn into a bunch of businessmen. For the last two weeks all I have heard is yeah lets sell him (not Bale only but Parker, Dawson etc) and raise funds etc (without any kind of replacement etc may I add) and its like fudging HELL just enjoy the fudgein ride and enjoy the likes of Bale and Lennon and if we do sell such players then we can talk about it.

Its a bit like having a great girlfriend and instead of enjoying the fudgein relationship youre just constantly worried about what happens if it doesnt last, what happens if someone better comes along, what if I could get someone better, how much could I get for her down the local trafficking network blah blah blah fudging boo fudging hoo.

I totally agree with the Dembele bit, he adds a lot of confidence to the team. And thats really important.

But Bale isnt replaceable mate! Who would you replace him with? I dont want us to replace him anyway! No way hes leaving!

I totally agree with the Dembele bit, he adds a lot of confidence to the team. And thats really important.

But Bale isnt replaceable mate! Who would you replace him with? I dont want us to replace him anyway! No way hes leaving!

I think it's more of a shape and different type of player in terms of replacing than going out and buying a replacement like-for-like so to speak. Like if we sold Bale and got in Willian for example, two completely different players but it changes our shape and how we eventually play. I hope he doesn't leave either, I think he genuinely loves it here and him and AVB seem to have a bromance going on.

Everyone should be replaceable. The system should be more important than the player, to stop what happens in the summer when the player that all of our play goes through leaves and we have a pretty large task to adapt to life without him.

Granted Bale is a special talent, but we were spurs before him and we will be spurs after him.

Everyone should be replaceable. The system should be more important than the player, to stop what happens in the summer when the player that all of our play goes through leaves and we have a pretty large task to adapt to life without him.

Granted Bale is a special talent, but we were spurs before him and we will be spurs after him.

This is what I am trying to say. I hope AVB does what I've hoped a Spurs manager will do for years and that is implement a system into that team that runs from the first team to the youth. We all play the same way. You take a midfielder out and put a reserve/youngster in, you should see the same stuff. I mean Arsenal or Barca are the ones I look at for that. Over the years you could take an Arsenal reserve or youngster and put him in a first team game and you would think he was a first team player for years, same at Barcelona.

I remember playing Arsenal in the CC a few years back, both teams full of reserves bar one or two first team players, they looked like a football team. We looked like a bunch of strangers thrown together in Spurs shirts playing football in a way only the players know how as opposed to how the club have taught them. It's a shame.

Granted Bale is a special talent and probably only one of his kind at the moment. Modric and Dembele are both replaceable in the sense that if the money is right, there are similar players out there.

But what we need is a balanced team to win, when we have Bale, Modric/Dembele (eventhough they are different kind of players) and Lennon/Walker, the opponents are forced to become more open as they can't focus on closing down our wingers (ala the first half vs. Foolham, when there were 1-3 white shirts covering Bale movement, and a collaborative evidence is that Jol immediately took off his young RW once Bale has to be taken off).

What Sandro has done (looking at how he took advantage of the spaces in the middle to shoot) was not only forced them to come out to try to get back on level term, but also to pay more attention on our CMs (Spammers did that pretty well, but in doing so they could not counter our wingers appropriately). Senderos eventually made two mistakes when he failed to track Sigurdsson and tried too hard to close down the pass prior to Defoe's goals.

We need Dembele or Sigurdsson to do give us oomph in the middle. And that's why I think Parker's class to us is important in order to free up Dembele.

Last edited:

Bale is our best all-round footballer and most dangerous attacking outlet

One of the best players to have graced The Lane in over a decade

He's a class above Dembele (atm) and would be dearly missed if sold in the summer.

He's not played a huge amount but what I will say about sigurdsson he seems to have a decent work rate seems bust a nut when given chance.

The Sigg has had a couple of assists and scored this term. He ain't doing too bad. I liked his quotes in the paper-he seems like a guy who thinks about more than just the plain football part of the game. I have high hopes for him. We will get injuries during the season and he can slip in to help.

The Sigg has had a couple of assists and scored this term. He ain't doing too bad. I liked his quotes in the paper-he seems like a guy who thinks about more than just the plain football part of the game. I have high hopes for him. We will get injuries during the season and he can slip in to help.

Can't agree with that. I think he has been pants.
His all round game is poor. Slow in thought, bad first touch, no pace and he hasn't really shown his strengths yet - his shooting and dead ball kicks.

Having all but written-off Clint Dempsey, only to see him find some great form, I'm reluctant to do likewise with Sigurdsson.

But it can't be denied that Spurs have yet to see the best from the Iceman.

I agree Bale is a fantastic player, and is by far our most electrying player however methinks it is no conincidence that Spurs are yet to lose a match that Dembele has played in, and more importantly so far we have won every league match that Dembele has started. Come to think of it we have so far only drawn one league match when he came on as a sub and even then he scored the equalising goal so I would have to say that Dembele is at least us important as Bale.

think Gylfi´s problem is confidence. Decent run when Bale is out should get him back on track. I have been very disappointed with him so far, hope he starts doing the number that he is capable off...

and oh yeah, regarding all that Bale talk in this thread, my take on it:
1. clearly our best attacking player by a mile
2. if he opts to go, he will go for at least 45m, we can get a decent winger for that price.
3. Sandro is more valuable to the squad

feel free to shoot me

Bale is our best all-round footballer and most dangerous attacking outlet

One of the best players to have graced The Lane in over a decade

He's a class above Dembele (atm) and would be dearly missed if sold in the summer.

1000% agree.

PS Sig was AVB's first real signing - persuading him to join us instead of Liverpool. With both AVB and Rodgers clearly rating both the Sig and Dempsey, I think we should give them every chance at WHL before writing them off.

Last edited:

Poor Sig.

Even his own thread gets ambushed by Dembele and Bale..:-"

Unlucky with his shot yesterday. He will come good.

I agree, he will come good he has shown sufficient technique in his last few appearances for me to believe that he has enough about him to succeed. The question remains, however, will he be given the chance to impress? Look what happened with Pienaar, I always said he was good when he was with us and yet he was pushed out because Redknapp didn't rate him.

Back