• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Potential new Portsmouth chairman Iain McInnes says he will do whatever it takes to save the club from going bust.

Pompey will close down on 10 August unless the three remaining senior players at the club leave Fratton Park or accept compromise agreements.

McInnes has emerged as one of four 'high-net-worth' individuals who have invested six-figure sums as part of the Pompey Supporters Trust (PST) bid.

If successful in taking over the club, McInnes will be appointed chairman.

"Portsmouth Football Club, outside of my family, has been the most important thing in my life for the past 51 years," McInnes told BBC Sport.

"The dawn of realisation hit me the other day that we could well be in a situation that, in just over a week, this club could no longer exist after 110 years. With no football the city loses its heartbeat."

The PST is vying for control of Pompey with former owner Balram Chainrai, who has £17.5m secured credit against the club.

On Thursday, the PST revealed it had offered Chainrai £2.75m to effectively walk away from the club, with ownership of Fratton Park part of the deal.

"I can't imagine this club not being there next season and I will do whatever it takes to make sure they are," McInnes added.

The other three high-net-worth backers of the club are venture capitalists Ken Terry and Chris Moth, who, like McInnes, are life-long supporters of Pompey.

There is one other confirmed investor who is currently away on holiday and because of that cannot be named.

McInnes, who made his money in electronics, says there are other interested investors who could subsequently pledge six-figure sums.

The 61-year-old also revealed that one major backer has also emerged in the past 24 hours.

"I hate the term high-net-worth individual as I was born in Paulsgrove and what that term means we have slightly more funds, so we can put in slightly more money," he said.

"But there might be more than four high-net-worth individuals any time soon. There is also the news that a major backer, who has come from the left wing as it were, wants to meet with the Trust, so we could well have more money."

McInnes says he is relishing the chance to help save the club he loves but admits time is running out.

He has urged administrator Trevor Birch and Chainrai to meet the PST as soon as possible to thrash out a deal.

He said: "My message to Chainrai is we will meet any time and place, and we have far more chance of saving the club if we work together rather than apart.

"Things have to have moved on by the end of the week as time is running out."

Birch issued a statement to BBC Sport on Thursday saying he welcomed news of the PST's bid and promised to work with it to "find a solution that will satisfy everyone".

"We welcome the Trust's announcement and will carefully study the details of the proposal," said the statement.

"Now that we all know more about the Trust's plans, we will work with them and Portpin (Chainrai's company) to see if we can find a solution that will satisfy everyone involved, including the unsecured creditors and the Football League.

"As court-appointed officials, it is our duty to explore all of the available options. In the meantime we will continue to talk to the remaining players to secure the compromise agreements."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19098856

If van persie leaves then arsenal wont miss a beat. they infact have a better ball playing team this year than last season

assuming sahin and carzola get there along with giroud and podolski...playing football wont be an issue. Good football to boot as wenger is the best at identifying needs and getting technical players together to play something great

premiership pace might take some getting used to though

how come arsenal are never REALLY made to shell out money to the tune that their CL status deserves? weird

If van persie leaves then arsenal wont miss a beat. they infact have a better ball playing team this year than last season

assuming sahin and carzola get there along with giroud and podolski...playing football wont be an issue. Good football to boot as wenger is the best at identifying needs and getting technical players together to play something great

how come arsenal are never REALLY made to shell out money to the tune that their CL status deserves? weird

That is a very good question.. especially considering how much they have made off Emirates Marketing Project in the last couple of years, that usually pushes up peoples asking prices..

They've spent over £30 million, close to 40m, once Cazorla signs. And of course the wages.

They've spent over £30 million, close to 40m, once Cazorla signs. And of course the wages.

Overall they've spent over that yes.

The point was that they are very rarely made to bleed out of the nose for some pretty impressive signings..

I think its combination of the Goons paying very good wages , a manager held in high regard for his football philosophies, a chance to play in London and in it's biggest club stadium. They're an attraction to good players and if only, the best players on the market were all Spurs fans but we know it doesn't work like that.

I'm just thankful, they've not been the force that they were in the early, Wenger years since moving into the Emirates.

Overall they've spent over that yes.

The point was that they are very rarely made to bleed out of the nose for some pretty impressive signings..

They seem to pick up players that are slightly below the radar, never the big marquee signings.

I think its combination of the Goons paying very good wages , a manager held in high regard for his football philosophies, a chance to play in London and in it's biggest club stadium. They're an attraction to good players and if only, the best players on the market were all Spurs fans but we know it doesn't work like that.

I'm just thankful, they've not been the force that they were in the early, Wenger years since moving into the Emirates.

I understand that those are reasons for players to want to go for arsenal.

However why would that affect the selling club's price?

True, but even the smaller clubs tend to ask for huge sums from City, Chelsea and United..

I'm sure some ask that from Arsenal too, but, unlike those three and Liverpool, they walk away rather than pay over the odds.

I'm sure some ask that from Arsenal too, but, unlike those three and Liverpool, they walk away rather than pay over the odds.

I guess that could be a factor in them not challenging in recent years though. Taking their 4th or 5th choice transfer options..

Whilst admirable as it is to not pay what others want, sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet..

I guess that could be a factor in them not challenging in recent years though. Taking their 4th or 5th choice transfer options..

Whilst admirable as it is to not pay what others want, sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet..

It certainly explains a few of their signings. Park, Mertesacker, Benayoun.

I understand that those are reasons for players to want to go for arsenal.

However why would that affect the selling club's price?

Today's players call the shots , they plan their moves in advance. They run down their contracts and if they're looking to move to a big city club , (London is an attraction to many Europeans) the Goons who are bigger than the Chavs and also a near certainty for Champions League, is a move they ask their agents to make.

Former Bari defender Andrea Masiello, now with Atalanta, was banned for 26 months on Friday for his part in the latest match-fixing to hit Italian football.

Promoted Sampdoria were docked one point for the forthcoming Serie A campaign and fined 30,000 euros and Bari, who play in Serie B, were docked five points and fined 80,000 euros.

All the suspensions were handed down after the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) tribunal investigating the Calcioscommesse match-fixing scandal, the latest to hit Italian football, accepted plea bargain offers from the defendants.

Former Bari team-mates Alessandro Parisi, Marco Rossi and Marco Esposito were also suspended.

Parisi, who played for Torino in Serie B last season and is now a free agent, will serve a two-year ban, Rossi one year and eight months and Esposito three months and 10 days. The trio were also fined.

Attention focused on several Bari games in the 2010/11 season, when the team was still in Serie A, including one in May last year against local rivals Lecce. Bari, already relegated, lost that match 2-0 with Masiello scoring an own goal in the 80th minute.

Prosecutors believe an international gambling ring paid players to throw matches. Dozens of current and former players in teams ranging from the Serie A top division down to the lower leagues may have been involved, according to investigators.

The most high-profile case involves Juventus coach Antonio Conte who will go to a full sporting trial after his plea bargain offer of a three-month ban was rejected on Wednesday.

Conte, who led Juventus to the Serie A title last season, is accused of failing to report match-fixing in two games in the 2010/11 season when he was coach of Siena, then in Serie B.

Siena had six points deducted on Thursday, a penalty which will also be applied in the 2012/13 season.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/italy/105962/default.aspx

They seem to pick up players that are slightly below the radar, never the big marquee signings.

which is what we should be doing

important thing is never be too stubborn to focus on one target. A club like us cannot do that, we have to be prepared for many knockbacks until we find the ones that say yes and want to join

so for each position we want to strengthen, we need a list of 5-10 potential targets and put them in order of priority and simply work our way through the lists.

Back