• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

It's funny, most of that sounds like Jose Mourinho.

Really?

Almost by definition not considering that the question was about City failing in the Champions League and he won that with Porto and Inter and I think you'd be hard pressed finding someone that would argue that those were the best squads in Europe at the time.

I also find it quite curious that you would think that Real have a clearly better squad than Barca. The somewhat dominant way Mourinho won the league in England with what arguably was the best squad compared to how Mancini just managed to sneak ahead of Manu with in my opinion easily a better squad after a couple of seasons where you could very easily argue that his squad underperformed. Compared to Mourinho coming and performing straight away with Chelsea.

Also slight difference between multiple league wins in England, Portugal and Italy (if my memory serves) as well as the one in Spain compared to just the one in England and 2 or 3 in Italy for Mancini.

No - he isnt dismissing it is it. He is basically considering qualification for CL as a trophy in its self. Now obviously he is doing it to defend himself but he isnt too wrong. CL qualification is like a trophy now, it may not be written in history books, but its written in the accounts, bank balance, players minds, etched in fans memories etc etc etc.

Thats what clown shoe is tryin to get at and I agree with him to a certain extent.

His team selections in the FA and Carling Cups prove he dismisses them.

I do agree that qualifying for the CL is vital these days as it means you can attract high quality players, so in that sense it is like a trophy.

its been huge for them to be fair, i think they are ok again now but the first 2 seasons after the new stadium failure to get in the CL probably would have bankrupted them

Liverpool team v Anzhi (8.05pm): Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey, Assaidi, Downing, Suarez.

Young Boys 1-0 up against Udinese. Liverpool in no better position than we are, really need to win as they're at home tonight.

Shelvey :lol:

Siggy would have buried that.

Everyone has a pop at Lampard but why is it so difficult for professional footballers to get a shot on target?

Everyone has a pop at Lampard but why is it so difficult for professional footballers to get a shot on target?

From distance you need the power to beat the keeper, which makes it far more difficult to get the accuracy.

WTF? Downing? :eek:

It gets worse, Obertan scoring at the same time for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Is this the end for full backs?
Rose and now Downing.
Just realised that is Samba ex-Blackburn playing.

Suarez is taking a bit of a battering. Would cripple 'pool if he gets injured.

Napoli getting their asses handed to them by Dnipro (with such a useless manager too), but if AIK can hang on to their lead over PSV it's still wide open for second place.

Always reassuring to see footballers still spitting.
Not bad from Liverpool tonight.

Rodgers said he was not even thinking about the Everton game..and he really looked like he was telling the truth.

Rodgers said he was not even thinking about the Everton game..and he really looked like he was telling the truth.

Well Everton usually bottle it against Liverpool so perhaps he knows the game is in the bag.

Back