• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official Match Thread* Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

The side intent on not playing could have won it. But we were hardly a team set on playing were we? Defensive, unable to keep the ball and then scored only to completely shut up shop.

Dembele scored a great goal. But nothing like Modric who would have set tone for our ball retention (which was so bad today one wonders what the deal is with AVB's much mooted ball skills training).

We had 57% possession (bbc sport). At times it looked like it was let down more by the simple passes then the ones Modric would have made.

In case you hadn't noticed, playing football against a side intent on not playing isn't easy - even Barca find it difficult.

That performance was better than against Norwich last season in AVB's 3rd game and much of his team unavailable.

You have to be joking right?

AVB over A`rry all the time, so i am happy. This will be good over time. My worry is that the players aint smart enough to play this way.

I honestly believe that some of our fans aren't smart enough to realize what a simple game football is. What AVB is asking is incredibly straight forward. In my opinion utterly wrong, but not complicated. I respect his right to play as he see's fit and just because I don't agree with his approach, doesn't mean it's wrong. However, to suggest our players aren't smart enough is absurd. They are being asked to do very simple things. Personally I think a high line and pressing game is a very poor idea in our league and particularly doesn't suite the skill sets of our players. But lets' not make it out we are dealing with rocket science here. A team suited to playing wide, deep and open is being asked to high and tight. That's the problem, not the players intelligence.

I can honestly say that looking at the starting 11 in both matches (Baggies & Today) that im not sure we had the personnel available to win both. I genuinely mean that. The team is in MASSIVE regression. We are no where near as good as last season. Its fudging obvious.

Yes its obvious, because we have a much worse manager. We have loads of talent in this squad. AVB chooses to play Livermore and Defoe on his own up top.

He willingly sold VDV, King was never a regular. So we've lost Modric from last year... yeah a good player but you dont pick Livermore to replace him do you ?

PS your other post to me is reported... cant see how it will be anything other than a temp ban considering its abusive and threatening. Bye.

If only people (and especially our manager) could see what a fat waste he was beforehand. Harsh red maybe but how fudging slow is he? look at his reaction speed? i mean it's simple embarrasing. People were actually saying he should be starting as Luka's replacement :ross:

The whole things stinks really and if i'm being very honest i expected nothing less. Around 5 more games where AVB can implement his favoured system and if that still doesn't work i'm afraid he's getting Ramos'd.

I realised what he was about to do and that it would go badly before he had even gotten down to tackle.

Unfortunately there's an international break now, so AVB will be lucky to get more than a training session or two with the full squad. Then we go into a run of two games a week. At least the signings are made now and hopefully they'll settle quickly.

Such fudging bottle jobs i'm not even angry anymore. oh look we nearly lost it...this is reminding me of the Ramos era already.

Exactly what I said to a friend during the game, shocking performance from AVB. I want him to succeed, but he makes the strangest decisions.

Aggressive ? you cant even spell the word you thick chav. Its far from "agressive", its just what should be the logical opinion at the moment. Read your only reply for aggressive.

You aren't even able to grasp the "now he needs..." is future tense so doesnt include today. He has been shocking so far, he will be sacked soon if he keeps it up. Whats the problem ?

I#m soory. Im a thick chav although english isnt even the language i speak in on a day to day basis and im typing on a foreign keyboard. Didnt think that spelling was the most important criteria whilst on a football message board. Fair enough. My problem is with you. I think you somehow feel that others should instantly subscribe to your opinion. You come across as if you have some kind of superiority complex. I disagree with just about 99% of everything you say.

Still, i need to accept that you find it impossible to look at things with even a modicum of context. Last season 4th. This season 4th or everything brick.

What are your favourite hobbys? Smacking two rocks together in the back garden on a Sunday? Brainless.

The replacement's team showed a better performance against Norwich than 'Arry's did. I'll wait until we see his team playing his football before I judge.

HE STARTS JAKE LIVERMORE AND JERMAIN DEFOE IN PLACE OF EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR AND MOUSA DEMBELE. Harry does something like that and he'd be crucified on here.

I love how Arry gets slated for 4-4-2 when things are not going well but the new tactical genius has done it 3 out of 3 games.

People comparing us with Norwich last season under Harry is silly. We drew and beat Toon last year under Harry, and beat WBA twice. Stupid comparison.

Yes its obvious, because we have a much worse manager. We have loads of talent in this squad. AVB chooses to play Livermore and Defoe on his own up top.

He willingly sold VDV, King was never a regular. So we've lost Modric from last year... yeah a good player but you dont pick Livermore to replace him do you ?

PS your other post to me is reported... cant see how it will be anything other than a temp ban considering its abusive and threatening. Bye.

Wow. You really are a little child hey.

You have to be joking right?

His post was the most embarrassing post I have read. For a start Norwich actually played today, no way they sat behind the ball. Barcelona don't struggle against teams like that, they struggle against brilliant teams that defend.

Finally, who care if it was better than 1 game last season. It really wasnt, but the point should be about today... today was brick regardless of what happened last season.

These pro AVB posts are ridiculous. How on earth can you defend the first 3 games ? total brick. The only thing the pro AVB people should be saying is "yeah, really bad start but I think it will take time" - thats the only thing im accepting. Dont try and claim that so far it hasnt been that bad.

Two of the players he bought were unavailable, one has only had one training session and the other isn't currently fit enough to play a whole match. What do you expect him to do?

Wow. Now people are just coming up with with any theories to cope with this embarrassment.

Modric didnt play a game or train for the enitre summer, yet he was able to impress against the best team in the world. He had a greater impact in his first 10 minutes for Madrid than any of our new signings. Terrible, terrible performance.

This is a disgrace. AVB is a cancer to any club he joins. Should have stayed at Porto.

Wow. You really are a little child hey.

Yet you feel the need to abuse and threaten online ?

Awww did I hurt your feelings with my honest and logical summary of what is happening ? Jeez... if you are happy with this start, regardless of who we have available next week, then... well I dont think you like Spurs or football.

The only positive i can see from this game is that AVB will finally see how much of a fudging liability Livermore is.

I can't believe how angry i am, Jake Livermore is a fudging disgrace, what on earth was going through his head?!

But will he though? I wish I had your optimism mate.

If he cant learn from basic things such as 1-0 up at home to WBA - Jenas on for Defoe, and then today 1-0 up at home to Norwich - Hudd on for Defoe, then we are really gonna struggle.

Back